• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters
Remakes, old reveals and a couple future name drops with nogameplay . Got to wonder if they are purposly delaying things because of the Console shortage.
i know. i feel like i'm missing something. so the new god of war looks literally like what we played what 2 years ago on a ps4 (and i know it's being developed on both gens). bunch of weird tech demo looking hack games with no release dates. other stuff 2 years out with teasers. like, they're basically sending the message: there's literally NO reason to buy a ps5 for another 2 years.
i have both systems. ps5 has been collecting dust. series x gets play simply because of gamepass. nothing to really play on either.

WHERE ARE THE GAMES???!?!?!

An Easy A+.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF
One wonders what Sony would have to do to not get an A from you.

Loxus

Yep. That was fucking bollocks, troops.

NOTHING LOOKS NEXT GEN.
I think it's because PlayStation exclusive raised the bar so high that the line between next-gen and current gen are blared.

I mean look at TLOU Part 2.
That already looked something like a next-gen leap compared to other games.

Imo, this gen maybe just 4k/60 fps.
We already have graphics down pack.

What will make next-gen imo is not graphics but game play mechanics and A.I. And we may have to wait 4-5 more years to start seeing that.

Last edited:

CamHostage

I'm surprised folks are interested in Forspoken. I mean, the gameplay looked pretty cool, but the character's dialogue was incredibly off putting. If you have to hear that personality constantly rambling.... oof.
It was a trailer cut, not an actual stream of gameplay matched to audio. Although her character has that "Whoa, I'm in a weird world I've fallen into...," kind of isekai hero element to her, I'm sure that will only be a small part of the game experience (and it's barely in the trailer even, if you watch it again through the actual play sequences.)

Plus, gameplay looks dope and the graphics are nice, so yeah... if you don't like her, mute, but I bet it'll be fine and games are made for gameplay so just play fun games.

Last edited:

Concern

Well i haven't been able to see anything but the Wolverine trailer. But thats about all that there's to be excited about.

GoW no doubt will be great but thats it? Nothing else? More remakes?

That's why you don't overhype shit

Great Hair

Banned
I want to know too, how big is their team to get major games such as that to even handle. Probably a 1000 team.
Nah, doubt it.

Spidey 2 runs on Spidey 1 engine (did not look any better, different). Nothing much to do, except to introduce a new character and or a city district? Wolverine was Sony´s Metroid Teaser (2023+).

If these are Sony´s guns against Elder Scrolls, Avwoed, Hellblade 2 ... GOW2@4K looks dope, but that´s not enough.

Text Street GIF

supernova8

Banned
what fucking drugs you guys are taking?
Spiderman Miles Morales cutscene compared with the Spiderman 2 reveal (which is also definitely a cutscene/pre-rendered), just to make it absolutely 100% fair.

There's no fucking difference. Seriously. You can claim I cherrypicked the MM image but there are hundreds of stills from cutscenes I could've picked for comparison. For a game coming out in 2023 it does not look impressive. Period.

kuSxnhu.jpg

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
After watching the uploaded trailers, the only thing that really looks next-gen is SM2 (but of course we haven't seen gameplay of it). GoW looks very cross-gen.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
One wonders what Sony would have to do to not get an A from you.

Spiderman 2 with Venom, Wolverine, GOW:R, Forspoken, HFW, they only need to be less great.

giphy.gif

They're just too great with their GOTY's.

It looked great yeah. Can't agree with what you say tho, but man, I love your enthusiasm.

GOW 2018 is my best game of all times, so it's so personal to me.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Spiderman Miles Morales cutscene compared with the Spiderman 2 reveal (which is also definitely a cutscene/pre-rendered)

There's no fucking difference. Seriously. You can claim I cherrypicked the MM image but there are hundreds of stills from cutscenes I could've picked for comparison. For a game coming out in 2023 it does not look impressive. Period.

kuSxnhu.jpg
you trippin. straight up delusional shit

go get your eyes checked

JimRyanGOAT

Spiderman Miles Morales cutscene compared with the Spiderman 2 reveal (which is also definitely a cutscene/pre-rendered), just to make it absolutely 100% fair.

kuSxnhu.jpg
Well that’s one of the drawbacks of insomniac making so many games

Don’t expect much difference in graphics and gameplay

sainraja

I'm super disappointed by nothing on Factions and where the fuck is Bloodborne HD?

Ragnarok looked great IMO, can't wait for more on Wolverine but because of the overkill of pointless 3rd party bullshit that nobody saw coming, taking 3/4 of the time, including Deathloop and GTAV wtf????????????... it's a C.
Yeah, they should have teased Factions at the very least. But I think they showed a good mix of content at this showcase. I think they are just holding back some to reveal later.

Roberts

The show was fine, I guess. Nothing really blew my mind, but some things were OK. I’m still excited about Deathloop, Forsaken probably the most current gen looking game, but gameplay didn’t seem to be anything interesting. GT looked pretty smooth. GoW was the only PS4 exclusive I would call a masterpiece, so it was nice to see the trailer for Ragnarok. Unsurprisingly, it didn’t look heaps different than the first game, but bigger areas and other more subtle improvements made it look better. Can’t remember if there was anything else good. I’m so done with Marvel movies and superhero’s in general, so I don’t give a shit about those. Project Eve had everything I hate about video game visual design, but maybe, just maybe the gameplay is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a trailer cut, not an actual stream of gameplay matched to audio. Although her character has that "Whoa, I'm in a weird world I've fallen into...," kind of isekai hero element to her, I'm sure that will only be a small part of the game experience (and it's barely in the trailer even, if you watch it again through the actual play sequences.)

Plus, gameplay looks dope and the graphics are nice, so yeah... if you don't like her, mute, but I bet it'll be fine and games are made for gameplay so just play fun games.

All the dialogue sounded like something out of a YA novel adapted to film. It's pretty easy to see that it might be a turn off.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I thought we already knew about KOTOR. Or it was rumored? At least I wasn't surprised when I saw it, it was like "right, that's coming".

Barakov

Pretty good show. Not everything was my cup of tea but a solid showing all around.
I thought we already knew about KOTOR. Or it was rumored? At least I wasn't surprised when I saw it, it was like "right, that's coming".
It was rumored. Good that we actually have confirmation now.

Bartski

Gold Member
Yeah, they should have teased Factions at the very least. But I think they showed a good mix of content at this showcase. I think they are just holding back some to reveal later.
outbreak day is in less than 3 weeks. I somehow can't believe they show nothing there 2nd year in a row

Spiderman 2 with Venom, Wolverine, GOW:R, Forspoken, HFW, they only need to be less great.

giphy.gif

They're just too great with their GOTY's.
I'm glad that you're happy and GOW 2018 is one of my all-time favorites.

But you would react the same no matter what they show. You love Sony and all they do. That's your thing.

sircaw

Banned
All i know is i am so happy diablo 2 res is next week.

some of those masterpieces are a long way out.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm glad that you're happy and GOW 2018 is one of my all-time favorites.

But you would react the same no matter what they show. You love Sony and all they do. That's your thing.

I usually don't comment if so rather than fake it. Also there are many Sony games that I don't like. And yes I love Sony beyond just gaming as I'm an alpha camera user, a7S III, along with their accurate TV's, phones, etc..

Last edited:

SamFo

Was most excited for GOW, it looks like the same thing. Which is fine, but I guess I was expecting the bar to be raised a bit

sircaw

Banned
I usually don't comment if so rather than fake it. Also there are many Sony games that I don't like. And yes I love Sony beyond just gaming as I'm an alpha camera user, a7S III.
i don't think it was venom Bo. i am thinking it was carnage. i could be wrong but that voice did not sound like an eddie brock type at all.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I thought the show was much better overall than the recent MS event. Looking forward to games from both

MistBreeze

the show ic C for me but because of the pacing is really off

highlights for me are : forspoken, the korean game with the girl at least gameplay wise, spider man 2 , wolverine and gow ragnarok

about gow ragnarok some people say it looked like a beefed up ps4 game and maybe it is right but I do not want them to reinvent the wheel

gow 2018 is one of the best games ever made what I really want of them is more enemy variety, no repeated mini bosses and some great diverse epic boss battles, some of gameplay and puzzles enhancements and that's it

if they bulled this off well it will be maybe best game ever made

graphics are really good now instead of wasting resources on new engines I prefer they spend most of it in gameplay and actual content

60 fps is more important than graphics any time

about spider man 2 : it is great that we will play both miles and peter in one game it add variety and maybe better gameplay and venom is great reveal

and wolverine is a great surprise

all in all I trust insomniac and really I feel it is far better deal than Bethesda

ps5 had a great start this generations with best launch games by far in playstation history

great start and hope for better future

arvfab

Banned
Started really good with KotR announcement, EVE and Forspoken. Fell really low with all that shit like GTA5 again, Deathloop again (which is coming out in less than a week, ffs) etc. and ended with a blast with Wolverine (although just CGI and very far off), Spidey 2 (Insomniac must be the best investment ever for Playstation) and GoW2. (don't care about GT7).

Comparing it with the other shows this year, I would say it was on par with Nintendos E3, so gave it a B, and both were a lot better than MS E3 (which I gave a C or D, I think).

Top Bottom