• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2023 |OT| Show as a Service! (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST) (No Spoilers!)

Rate the Blow... Showcase

• Total voters

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I did say that before the news broke FYI. I'm certainly not happy it.

Are you though?

Not happy at all. Love factions and was really looking forward to it.

Honestly, I hope you don't have some preconception that I get happy when a game is in dev hell. Just because I like xbox doesn't mean that I dont want good games on the other systems I own.

Do Sony fans really enjoy when other devs have issues? Is that why you asked?

Last edited:
As time has passed, and how this was labelled a ps showcase is just so bad. This is like a F rank playstation showcase after 20 months.

What we're they thinking?
The games that people want to see are just not ready to be shown.

These presentations will never live up to expectations.

The last good showcase I can remember is back when God of War 2018 was revealed.

Fbh

I was watching the E3 2016 and HOLY SHIT, the difference for a 3rd year conference is insane. Look at the amount of "blow your mind" level content shown there, all much better than what was possible on PS3.
Starts around 29 minute mark.

Yup, pretty sad.
We've gone from an awesome live orchestra leading into the reveal of a reimagined norse God of War being presented through a live gameplay showing......to a CG trailer for a GAAS game that genuinely looks and sounds as if someone asked an AI to make a Ubisoft game.

ElCasual

Yup, pretty sad.
We've gone from an awesome live orchestra leading into the reveal of a reimagined norse God of War being presented through a live gameplay showing......to a CG trailer for a GAAS game that genuinely looks and sounds as if someone asked an AI to make a Ubisoft game.
LEoXQXH.gif

engstra

Well it was entertaining to catch up on this thread and the meltdown experienced live. While maybe little bit of an overreacting of some people I agree that that was really disappointing considering the last showcase was 2 years ago. Was really hoping for some big hitters and this didn't deliver on the 1P showings. Apart from that I was really disappointed in what they showed for PSVR2. The games themselves look good but still waiting for that flagship Sony title such as Astrobot. I really enjoy VR but they need to show the killer app for me to upgrade from PSVR. With them also having stated that they were going to create hybrid titles for their 1st party games this showing was poor. Capcom seems to be the only people actually delivering on that concept. RE4 fully playable in VR will be dope.

Show started really badly. I got hopeful when they showed Phantom Blade followed by Sword of the Sea and Talos Principle but went back to mediocrity again after that. Alan Wake looks great. Spiderman was pretty much what I expected, first game was fun but wouldn't pay money to play it.

Was not much to get excited about and directly after the show I felt relieved that at least I would have time to work stuff off my backlog. That is not the feeling I should be coming out with from this type of show.

I am quite sure Sony keeps stuff (what the f is Cory working on), so they can counter after Microsoft showed what they have.

But even so, I think it was the wrong name for the event. It should have been 2 state of plays instead. It is clear that Sony had too many marketing obligations and thought that since it’s too much for one state of play, just name it Showcase…

Top Bottom