• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: April 2022’s top downloads

kyliethicc

PS5 Games​

US/CanadaEU
1LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker SagaLEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
2MLB The Show 22ELDEN RING
3ELDEN RINGCyberpunk 2077
4WWE 2K22GRAN TURISMO 7
5Tiny Tina’s WonderlandsWWE 2K22
6NBA 2K22Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
7Cyberpunk 2077F1 2021
8GRAN TURISMO 7Grand Theft Auto V
9Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles MoralesAmong Us
10Madden NFL 22It Takes Two
11Mortal Kombat 11Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
12Horizon Forbidden WestNBA 2K22
13Call of Duty: VanguardKena: Bridge of Spirits
14Star Wars Jedi: Fallen OrderHorizon Forbidden West
15It Takes TwoMarvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
16Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR’S CUTFAR CRY 6
17Among UsMetro Exodus
18Grand Theft Auto VCall of Duty: Vanguard
19Kena: Bridge of SpiritsFIFA 22
20The Elder Scrolls OnlineThe Elder Scrolls Online

PS4 Games​

US/CanadaEU
1MLB The Show 22LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
2LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker SagaGrand Theft Auto V
3Batman: Arkham KnightMinecraft
4ELDEN RINGELDEN RING
5Grand Theft Auto VRed Dead Redemption 2
6NBA 2K22Tekken 7
7MinecraftF1 2021
8WWE 2K22Little Nightmares
9Red Dead Redemption 2Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
10Injustice 2The Crew 2
11Little NightmaresThe Last of Us Part II
12Tiny Tina’s WonderlandsNBA 2K22
13Call of Duty: VanguardAmong Us
14The Last of Us Part IIHorizon Zero Dawn
15Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi StrikerA Way Out
16EA Sports UFC 4Need for Speed Heat
17CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITIONCall of Duty: Modern Warfare
18Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarMonopoly Plus
19Mortal Kombat 11Batman: Arkham Knight
20The Crew 2WWE 2K22

tommib

Dark Souls Cartoon GIF by stray.derps

R6Rider

Gold Member
Good game, sales prior for around May the 4th and Obi-Wan/Lego SW hype.

Hope they make a sequel, and polish up some of the jank.
I've had the game for over a year and I haven't played it yet. Just been busy with lots of other games, but hopefully get around to it this summer.

Flabagast

EU with the superior taste in gaming.

Happy Eu Flag GIF by European Commission

Great month for Cyberpunk too. It was super cheap tho, right?
It was sold to 25$/€ this month, so cheap but not that cheap (we're far from the less than 10$ deals we saw on the physical version). I could see the game have some legs after all, and that's a fucking great news.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Horizon Forbidden West not charting on PS4 just makes me pissed off the game is not PS5 exclusive. Sony should know their audience better. They are making games with high end graphics that no other developers come close to and have a spanking new console with some serious horse power under the hood and they make their highest profile games cross gen?

ShakenG

EU with the superior taste in gaming.

Happy Eu Flag GIF by European Commission

Great month for Cyberpunk too. It was super cheap tho, right?
Waited for the PS5 update till i got Cyberpunk and it was dirt cheap. One of the most impressive games ive played in a long time.

Wonder what the sales for GT7 are on PS4, really hope they are strong to warrant that cross platform treatment.

Kena selling more than Horizon Forbidden West in Europe...is it wrong to say the superior game wins?
My god...i'm still playing Horizon and this never ends...and worst of all...it's not even all that interesting.

Kena has been doing some great numbers.

Great for Gran Turismo 7...Sony's best 1st party release of the year so far

mckmas8808

Banned
Kena selling more than Horizon Forbidden West in Europe...is it wrong to say the superior game wins?
My god...i'm still playing Horizon and this never ends...and worst of all...it's not even all that interesting.

I love Forbidden West so far. I'm about 20 hours in.

CamHostage

Ps4 says horizon zero dawn. Misprint?

I don't remember them doing this, but I would assume there were sales on Horizon 1 when Horizon 2 was coming out or was popping on the charts. (It's currently $19.99USD.) Also, a lot of people just went back after getting caught up in the hype for the new game.

...That, or just the fact that it's not "Horizon 2 / Horizon" in naming made a lot of dumb people go, "I've gotta get this new Horizon game!" ...I hope those people were happy in their purchase anyway and are still blissfully living without knowing which one they bought?

ByWatterson

Kena is a much, much better game than Forbidden West. You nailed it. It just goes on and on for no reason. Everything feels synthetic and trite, whereas everything in Kena feels authentic and meaningful.

Love Kena.

And boy did HFW sink like a stone. Crazy.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Kena is a much, much better game than Forbidden West. You nailed it. It just goes on and on for no reason. Everything feels synthetic and trite, whereas everything in Kena feels authentic and meaningful.

Love Kena.

People are buying HFW physically and the sales charts from the past few months show that. The game is doing well.

I love Forbidden West so far. I'm about 20 hours in.
I mean it's not terrible...but i feel like most things i didn't like about the previous game are still in there. The shimmering issue is weird because every decima engine produced game has such clean visuals...Forbidden West has all those detailed assets masked behind a weird output method they used for this...this didn't happen with the first game.
They also spent so much with side quests that somehow the main narrative seems...lacking somehow. At least so far. The game overall is unbalanced. The upgrades are mostly useless. You can play the game without using half of those weapons, etc. They did what i hate on a sequel: "let's add more of everything we did for the first game! more missions, more weapons, more enemies, more, more, more"...yet they forgot to fix the climbing mechanics. They are somehow...worse than before.

Love Kena.

Yup. There was a lot of love and care by the team that produced Kena. You can tell.

Last edited:
Low positioning for Horizon FW and GT7 kinda weird. Expected them in top 5 in both regions on both consoles since both are new.

Is it true Sony first party titles get a boost only when hardware drops so they can be bundled? Every time in UK charts analyst mentions a boost due to hardware drop.

Kena was on sale for like $23 while Horizon is $70. Pretty easy to figure that one out

HFW has sold well, but you gotta wonder if they're going to re-prioritize things for the next game. Hopefully they give Horizon a break and don't release Horizon 3 until PS6.

It's a great game, but it's one that just has too much content bloat and the characters are mostly uninteresting. They need to hire someone to direct characterization better. The story itself is pretty solid. I'm sure it's not doing quite what they expected it to given the 5 year dev time. Should have been a fairly straightforward sequel without all the checklist boring crap scattered throughout.

Love Kena.

I wouldn't call #12 and #14 sinking like a stone for a $70 game in its third month on sale. It was #2 in Feb and #8 and #9 in March. Seems to me like it's holding pretty well. Yeah it's not Elden Ring but that doesn't mean it's doing bad. It could be like Dying Light 2 or Stranger of Paradise and not be in the top 20 at all.

Also as others have said we've seen it's doing pretty well at retail too. April NPD will be out Friday so we'll see where it stands in that with both digital and retail factored in.

Last edited:
Low positioning for Horizon FW and GT7 kinda weird. Expected them in top 5 in both regions on both consoles since both are new.

Is it true Sony first party titles get a boost only when hardware drops so they can be bundled? Every time in UK charts analyst mentions a boost due to hardware drop.
I believe in the UK, most PS5s are sold with a game added. But dunno about the rest of the EU and the US. It's also true that Playstation fans skew physical, and doubly so with Playstation exclusives. On the other hand, Spiderman is doing just fine even on digital charts. So who knows.

kyliethicc

I believe in the UK, most PS5s are sold with a game added. But dunno about the rest of the EU and the US. It's also true that Playstation fans skew physical, and doubly so with Playstation exclusives. On the other hand, Spiderman is doing just fine even on digital charts. So who knows.
66% of games sold on PlayStation are digital.

Wohc

Banned
Okay, this explains a lot. Also I'm from Germany and never saw a PS5 on the shelf :messenger_beaming: I saw a single XSX once and it was gone literally 5 minutes later.
Online it's the same. Only bundles except Amazon. Just have a look at Ebay Kleinanzeigen. It's full of sealed copies starting at 25 Euro.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Xbox guys are showing up in Sony sales threads stating that the only reason why HFW is selling well is because of bundles.

As soon as you mention stock shortages and high player count numbers from Game Pass games, they'll accuse you of downplaying.

Guys, stop downplaying HFW's success.

Xbox guys are showing up in Sony sales threads stating that the only reason why HFW is selling well is because of bundles.
Nobody said that 🤷‍♂️ People interested in sales are trying to figure out why Kena beat HFW digitally, and we seem to have found an explanation. HFW physical sales are likely much higher than digital because of bundles.

TLOU got legs despite the fearmongering over it

Especially in Europe. It's quite often up there. Obviously with sales but it's two years in nearly so makes sense.

SLB1904

Banned
The hate on HFW is really weird seems like some people really want it to fail for some reason.
They want to feel validate. They were sure the game bombed until they find out is onenof the best selling gamesbof the year. And judging by the sales in uk it will be there in May as well lol tough stuff

Vognerful

As soon as you mention stock shortages and high player count numbers from Game Pass games, they'll accuse you of downplaying.

Guys, stop downplaying HFW's success.

Do you need a hug?

The guys were discussing why HFW and GT7 were not charting as high as physical sales charts we had from Spain or UK. The explanation that PS5 are sold bundled with these games skew the digital vs physical percentages and top 10.

In fact, I am not sure what is triggering you. I mean it is win win for everyone. You get a nice game, and Sony can boost their 1st party sales figures and cash flow from sold games.

Top Bottom