• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: September 2022’s top downloads

Time to get the full download on September 2022’s Top Downloads charts! NBA 2K23 swept the court for top game in the US on PS5 and PS4, while FIFA 23 continues to score major download goals across both regions.

PS5 Games​

US/CanadaEU
1NBA 2K23FIFA 23
2FIFA 23NBA 2K23
3The Last of Us Part IThe Last of Us Part I
4Madden NFL 23Cyberpunk 2077
5Cyberpunk 2077Grand Theft Auto V
6Grand Theft Auto VDisney Dreamlight Valley
7Disney Dreamlight ValleyTom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
8Saints Row 5Assassin's Creed Valhalla
9Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six SiegeF1 22
10JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle RSaints Row 5
11Cult of the LambConstruction Simulator
12Gran Turismo 7F1 Manager 2022
13VALKYRIE ELYSIUMCult of the Lamb
14Star Wars Jedi: Fallen OrderRiders Republic
15Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles MoralesSteelrising
16Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CollectionAmong Us
17SteelrisingGran Turismo 7
18ELDEN RINGFAR CRY 6
19Destroy All Humans! 2 – ReprobedStray
20Assassin's Creed ValhallaResident Evil

PS4 Games​

US/CanadaEU
1NBA 2K23FIFA 23
2FIFA 23NBA 2K23
3Madden NFL 23Grand Theft Auto V
4Grand Theft Auto VMinecraft
5MinecraftThe Forest
6Red Dead Redemption 2Red Dead Redemption 2
7Cyberpunk 2077Dead Island: Definitive Edition
8Dead Island: Definitive EditionEA Sports UFC 4
9EA Sports UFC 4The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
10The ForestF1 22
11The Last of Us Part IIAssassin’s Creed Origins
12Dragon Ball FighterZCyberpunk 2077
13Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon BreakpointAssassin’s Creed Odyssey
14Saints Row 5Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
15Batman: Arkham KnightThe Last of Us Part II
16God of WarRiders Republic
17Dragon Ball Z: KakarotTom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
18Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder’s RevengeARK: Survival Evolved
19Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six SiegeTekken 7
20The Witcher 3: Wild HuntA Way Out

PS VR Games​

US/CanadaEU
1Beat SaberBeat Saber
2Job SimulatorJob Simulator
3SUPERHOT VRSUPERHOT VR
4Astro Bot Rescue MissionSniper Elite VR
5Creed: Rise to GlorySwordsman VR
6Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-alityCreed: Rise to Glory
7NFL ProERA ’22Astro Bot Rescue Mission
8Swordsman VRMarvel’s Iron Man VR
9Sniper Elite VRThe Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
10Transformers Beyond RealityRick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/10/06/playstation-store-september-2022s-top-downloads/

Cyberpunk has legs 👌

Happy to see Cult of the Lamb up there, disappointed Diofield didn't make the top 20, shame Square competed with itself releasing two titles within a week of each other.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
the F!? the forest is still selling on PS4? thought the game run like ass

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Ugh that top 5 .. 🤢

I’ve personally been in a big drought for ps5 and XsX games fir few months now.
At least I have GOW coming up.

Markio128

The last of part 1 mia on PS4. People voting with their wallets, hope you taking notes Jimbo!
Are you talking about the PS5 only remake?
Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

EDMIX

Pretty interesting that Valkyrie Elysium charted on the PS5 list while it did not on the PS4 list.
True, the community is moving on. Also note that its the same price on PS4.

its very likely that lots of PS5 owners have been just buying the PS4 version of some titles to get the free upgrade to have both or something lol Maybe with that price tag they just got the PS5 version by default.

So I like to know if it would have charted on PS4, if the PS5 version was 69.99 instead.

clarky

Gold Member
What's the crack with FIFA out selling (well downloading, same/same) Madden over the pond. Your you guys finally realizing that football actually played with feet is the better sport?

Or did it just release later?

Last edited:
We will unfortunately have to suffer through yet another decade of NBA, Madden, and FIFA all going through the Metroid experience of losing all of their features at the start of the new console generation and then those features slowly being put back in over the course of the entire generation's run.

People seem to love it I guess.

True, the community is moving on. Also note that its the same price on PS4.

its very likely that lots of PS5 owners have been just buying the PS4 version of some titles to get the free upgrade to have both or something lol Maybe with that price tag they just got the PS5 version by default.

So I like to know if it would have charted on PS4, if the PS5 version was 69.99 instead.

Yeah, outside of sports games theres almost no new games on the PS4 list, and by new I mean games released this year. The sports games players are a part of the casual audience that isn’t as pressed to upgrade as quickly as everyone else but even then the numbers of sports titles on next gen consoles are beginning to greatly outpace last gen.

Lupin25

Will be really interesting to see the legs TLOU Part 1 might once the show airs.

Wouldn’t be shocked especially if the series ends up a hit, which judging by previews, it’s shaking up to be (Chernobyl co-director Craig Mazin involved gives me high hopes 🤞)

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I dont know whats more interesting:

TLoU Part 1 being that high or Miles...still....in the top 20 on PS5. I dont think it ever left since it launched.

Its basically lived on the PS5 chart and comes by to visit on holidays on the PS4 chart.

tommib

I dont know whats more interesting:

TLoU Part 1 being that high or Miles...still....in the top 20 on PS5. I dont think it ever left since it launched.

Its basically lived on the PS5 chart and comes by to visit on holidays on the PS4 chart.
The more interesting thing for me is GT7 constantly charting since it released. From this forum’s hate bonner and downplaying and the metacritic user score you would think the game wouldn’t sell. Apparently it’s selling at 70 USD, 79 EUR just fine.

Last edited:
Spot all the trolls here downplaying TLOU charting at #1 with one day of sales by suggesting it sold less than Saint's Row on PS5 alone:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/tlou...-sells-half-of-last-weeks-saints-row.1641037/

Now you can put that idea to bed hopefully but it won't stop them from suggesting the next PS game is a flop.
I don't see any downplaying, only facts. Saints Row came out in late August btw and was #1 and #2 (EU and US) on the PS5 charts despite only a handful of days of tracking.

Soodanim

Gold Member
It would be nice if there was some sort of "Indy chart" that showed the lesser known titles. Maybe anything that didn't get a physical release would be a reasonable signifier, as even 1 "big" franchise release would still leave plenty of space for the underdogs to get a look in

Mr Hyde

Saw Digital Foundrys analysis of TLoU and it was very impressive. Huge upgrade from the PS3-version. I almost got the urge to buy it, looks so damn good. I already know the game is stellar from several playthroughs but I wouldn't mind having another go at it. Still holding out hope for a Part 1 and Part 2 double feature. ND must've had this mind. They'd be crazy not to.

kyliethicc

Saw Digital Foundrys analysis of TLoU and it was very impressive. Huge upgrade from the PS3-version. I almost got the urge to buy it, looks so damn good. I already know the game is stellar from several playthroughs but I wouldn't mind having another go at it. Still holding out hope for a Part 1 and Part 2 double feature. ND must've had this mind. They'd be crazy not to.
They’re not gonna do a 1+2 collection.

Ezekiel_

Banned
If I'm not mistaken, these are just number of downloads, so unless it's a new game, it doesn't really give us much indication of sales, it's more about what people are likely playing right now.

It makes sense to have TLoU2 in there, because people done with Part 1 might want to just straight to Part 2 for the comparaison and story progression.

Edit : with the Stars campaigns making you play select games, I expect those to get boosted numbers next month.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
If I'm not mistaken, these are just number of downloads, so unless it's a new game, it doesn't really give us much indication of sales, it's more about what people are likely playing right now.

It makes sense to have TLoU2 in there, because people done with Part 1 might want to just straight to Part 2 for the comparaison and story progression.

Edit : with the Stars campaigns making you play select games, I expect those to get boosted numbers next month.
It's sales charts for the PSN store.

Last of Us Part II charted last month, so people who bought Last of Us Part I also bought Last of Us Part II.

Top Bottom