• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Summer Sale

graywolf323

Gold Member
looks like some stuff is on sale for the whole month while other things go off sale in 2 weeks

usually that means that other stuff will go on sale in 2 weeks, usually it's big games that publishers don't want to be on sale for 4 weeks (so I'd expect some of the big Ubisoft games to be part of the second half, only Watch Dogs: Legion Gold Edition is part of this first half)

Last edited:

Giles

Tempted to pick up either spider man miles morales ultimate edition (never played either game) or mass effect legendary collection (never played the third game). Advice people?

Rac3r

Damn I just bought Disco Elysium (Final Cut) for full price like 5 days ago. If you haven't played this masterpiece then I highly recommend you hop on this deal for $24.

Shifty1897

I see that Star Ocean 5 is $12. I really enjoyed SO4 and haven't played any of the others. I hear that this one's not great though. Is it worth at least $12 for the experience? Someone talk me off the ledge lol
I'm also kinda thinking about 13 Sentinels... how long is the story and is there much gameplay?
If you enjoyed SO4, you'll find $12 of value in SO5.

I'm curious to hear testimony about 13 Sentinels too.

I'm looking at that too, not sure how it works either.

Yeah, you'll need to have Hitman 1 and 2 installed, launch them and click on their respective legacy packs. They'll either be within the featured section (like the image below) or the store. You can only get these within the games themselves, not through the PS Store

D1gOpud.jpg

Once you downloaded them, you can uninstall Hitman 1 and 2 and all maps will be available within Hitman 3

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Tempted to grab Miles Morales for PS5 at $35, but I'm in no huge hurry to play it and it may even get cheaper at some point *shrug*

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Yeah, you'll need to have Hitman 1 and 2 installed, launch them and click on their respective legacy packs. They'll either be within the featured section (like the image below) or the store. You can only get these within the games themselves, not through the PS Store

D1gOpud.jpg

Once you downloaded them, you can uninstall Hitman 1 and 2 and all maps will be available within Hitman 3
Thanks. So you can own the PS5 version. Buy the PS4 Hitman 1 & 2 on sale and then in Hitman 3 they show up?

Hmm, Catherine: Full Body is £15:74 with the discount and Catherine: Full Body Deluxe Edition with all 4 pieces of DLC is cheaper at £15:29 with the discount. 🤔
These sales now for me are just a way that I can get some older games that I somehow missed out rather than a way to pick up newer games.

jeffyjaixx

If any of you are into Sega or Atlus games, there is a Local Games store in Toronto, Ontario that has pretty good prices for some nice titles. Free worldwide shipping if spending $50+ CAD.

I personally bought 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Sakura Wars, Yakuza Like A Dragon and Judgment for $34.99 CAD each or $27.84 USD.

GHG

Gold Member

D1gOpud.jpg

If you do this do you get all the PS5 features in for those games as well? Like the DualSense stuff and updated resolution etc?

Is this the first time AC Valhalla wasn't part of a sale? Was going to snag that and Returnal if it was down to $40, but no luck. Maybe next time

Kimahri

Banned
There are a couple of games I've been wanting to get on sale for years now, but they are NEVER on sale. It's weird. The Aterlier Ryza games and Resonance of Fate 4K. Never on sale. Ever. I check every sale, but no, nothing. Is this due to that bullshit some indie talked about a while back?

maybe ill dive into everybodys golf finally...

mario golf looks like it is barebones and simplistic. and there wont be another proper EG in a long while

GHG

Gold Member
There are a couple of games I've been wanting to get on sale for years now, but they are NEVER on sale. It's weird. The Aterlier Ryza games and Resonance of Fate 4K. Never on sale. Ever. I check every sale, but no, nothing. Is this due to that bullshit some indie talked about a while back?

No. Publishers are free to put their games on sale at whatever discount rate they wish during sale periods. That goes for all storefronts universally. If what you want isn't on sale then it means the publisher has opted out for those specific games for this sale.

This is the site you want to use to see if/when the games you want have previously been on sale and how much they were during those periods:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Yea very low percentage sales on ps5 games.... That said, Returnal is worth the full price so getting it for 20 euros less is still good

The problem is that paying 60 euro for a game during a sale doesn't feel like a bargain. That's still more than what I was used to paying for brand new PS4 games on day one.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is Hitman 3 worth $30? You can add Hitman 1 & 2 later too somehow right?
Yes. Hitman 3 is great and if you get all the games under one "hub" with HItman 3 it's one of the best overall games in many years. If you have PSVR it's even better as you can play any of the Hitman 1, 2, or 3 levels in VR.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Gold Member
the Atelier games rarely go on sale even on Switch, not sure why but it seems to be a publisher decision

Resonance of Fate meanwhile does go on sale though not terribly often (~5 times in the nearly 3 years since it released)

I might pick this one, BioShock: The Collection. Havent played any of the BioShock games.

Good luck. I tried going back to play them again and I feel like they just havent aged well at all. The mechanics were a little bit janky even at the time but they feel archaic today IMO.

Is Hitman 3 worth $30? You can add Hitman 1 & 2 later too somehow right?

DO IT. Yes, totally worth it if you like the Hitman games. If you've never played them before then start with 3 and see if you like it. You can add 1 and 2 later on.

SJRB

Gold Member
Finally got Immortals: Fenyx Rising for 35.

Played it for a bit on PC when I had a month of Ubi Plus last year, really enjoyed my time with it. It's just such a neat game - Nice art, fun unlocks and abilities, great gameplay, remarkably funny too.

If you're looking for a casual adventure game, don't sleep on this one.

Reactions: GHG

bender

What time is it?
Gravity Rush sale pricing is always a roller coaster. Historic lows are $7.49 for GR and $5.99 for GR2. I might hold off and see if GR hits that magic price point again.

Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection will probably be mine though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOL

Just bought shit for DMC5 and realized I own DMC5 SE, so it was all wasted

What a bunch of fucking cunts :)

Rac3r

What is your experience with bugs?
I’ve played around 10 hours and have had two crashes total. The game doesn’t auto save very frequently so I lost some progress on the first crash. Luckily it’s easy to retrace your steps and quickly go through the dialogue options again after reading them the first time. Still, I make a habit of quick saving every 15-20 mins or so which literally takes like 2 seconds.

Other than that, I’ve had no other bugs. Even with the infrequent crashes I’d say this is a no-brainer at $24, incredible game. Just remember to quick save.

nowhat

I got Metro Exodus, because it was cheap and had recently a PS5 patch. The question is: do I need to play the previous games in order to enjoy/understand it? I did buy the first two also off a sale some years back, but never got around to actually playing them (I have a bad habit of adding games to my ever-growing backlog if they're on sale).

engstra

The problem is that paying 60 euro for a game during a sale doesn't feel like a bargain. That's still more than what I was used to paying for brand new PS4 games on day one.
Oh yeah agreed. Unless I buy a game on release I will not pick it up until it's at least half price in a sale

SSfox

How much does cost Red Dead Online? And does anyone knows if they reduced the size of the online mode? (it was same size as RDR2 last time i check, hundred something)

engstra

I got Metro Exodus, because it was cheap and had recently a PS5 patch. The question is: do I need to play the previous games in order to enjoy/understand it? I did buy the first two also off a sale some years back, but never got around to actually playing them (I have a bad habit of adding games to my ever-growing backlog if they're on sale).
It isn't the best story exactly but I would still totally recommend playing the first 2. I played through em last year, really great atmosphere and doesn't overstay its welcome

engstra

What are people's experience with Kingdom Come: Deliverance? It's always heavily reduced and has looked cool. Feels like a kind of game that would be included in a month of PS Plus so have been waiting it out on purchasing

Top Bottom