• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

iALX

All in all, it was a good year for trophies (got PS5 only at the end of August) 🙂

c5e249252d7a06a05ec61acaa76b108d7b3f4aee.jpeg

Have you played GoW 2018?
Yes, back in 2021. Enjoyed it thoroughly and Platinumed it. I'm glad they expanded on some gameplay elements in Rangarok. And sorry for the late reply, I don't log on here often.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
53425379579_274ae078ff_b.jpg

#100 - Alienation

It only took me seven years to come back to this game and to give it the time it deserved. When you enter a high level squad of four players that plows through Legendary difficulty, you just smile in awe since you can't see anything because of all the explosions, debris and particles on display. It made me wish for a second iteration of the game since the potential for it is nearly endless.

Platinum was grindy and repetitive but still fun. And here, the endgame only starts. Yet there is no incentive to play further, other than ranking high on the leaderboards, that will reset each week. Especially the Hardcore / Permadeath run was a slog since nearly nobody plays it online and that makes the XP grind very slow. Feels good to have this as number 100.

If anyone in here needs a high level player to boost its own char for either Normal or a Hardcore mode feel free to ask, now is your chance. :messenger_sunglasses::messenger_alien::messenger_grinning_sweat:

TexMex

53425379579_274ae078ff_b.jpg

#100 - Alienation

It only took me seven years to come back to this game and to give it the time it deserved. When you enter a high level squad of four players that plows through Legendary difficulty, you just smile in awe since you can't see anything because of all the explosions, debris and particles on display. It made me wish for a second iteration of the game since the potential for it is nearly endless.

Platinum was grindy and repetitive but still fun. And here, the endgame only starts. Yet there is no incentive to play further, other than ranking high on the leaderboards, that will reset each week. Especially the Hardcore / Permadeath run was a slog since nearly nobody plays it online and that makes the XP grind very slow. Feels good to have this as number 100.

If anyone in here needs a high level player to boost its own char for either Normal or a Hardcore mode feel free to ask, now is your chance. :messenger_sunglasses::messenger_alien::messenger_grinning_sweat:

This one is huge! I really need to revisit this one day.

TexMex

gLtQxW6.jpg

#231 - Robocop: Rogue City

If you REALLY love Robocop, go for it. But personally the quality of this game has been massively oversold IMO. It’s pretty junk in most respects. Appreciate there’s no pretense of challenge though, you are a pure overpowered killing machine. If the Robocop power fantasy is for you, you’ll probably like it well enough.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

53432340737_65f0d51f98_c.jpg

#101 - RoboCop: Rogue City

Just like Terminator Resistance it doesn't light the world on fire with it's gameplay but Teyon made sure to get atmosphere and tone dead right. So much that as a fan of the source material it easily carries the whole game for me. Even watched the first two movies right before i started to play. The Platinum is just the cherry on top.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Wrapped up Immortals of Aveum and South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Immortals I finished on the hardest difficulty and probably could Plat it but I really aint feelin the backtracking and NG+ for it right now. Excellent game regardless of whats said on here.

With SP, I had a total fuckin blast. Ive played through Stick of Truth a few times and I was retardedly hesitant to check this out at launch because I figured Id be too dumb for the new grid based combat. Turns out, I was dead wrong and loved it a ton. Im assuming this is what Live A Live plays like and if so then Im going to have to tackle that soon and knock it off the backlog. Last trophy I got was for beating the superboss Morgan Freeman. All I need to do is beat it on Mastermind difficulty playing as a black kid. I will for sure get the Platinum for this eventually.

Last edited:

TexMex

zJQ6BJW.jpg

(Cross posting sorry)

#233 - Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

I was a little nervous the first hour, way too much story and too many characters, half the appeal of these games are the loneliness and exploration. Thankfully it abandons that pretty quick.

Best feeling 2D movement since Dead Cells IMO. The platforming is fair and challenging. The abilities all feel so good, and all of them useful. The biomes are extremely varied and unique.

Top 10 Metroidvania. Maybe top 5? But anyone saying it’s better than SotN has a screw loose sorry.

We’ll be extremely lucky to get 10 better games than this this year. Just loved it. Would have happily paid the full $70 for this.

Spider-Man 2 is done.
eV0ONLK.jpg
Just finished Spider Man 2, as well. I'm sitting on 125 platinums now.

I received Lies of P and Lords of the Fallen for Xmas, so those are next, followed by the No Return mode from TLOU2 remastered (I auto popped the platinum by importing my PS4 save). After that, I'm going to be getting Dead Space remake for my birthday in March. For April, I'm thinking of Stellar Blade, depending on the reviews, though I would love to try a demo for it first. If not Stellar Blade, I recently bought the Batman Arkham collection (Asylum, City, and Knight plus all DLC) when it was on sale for $6.

marcincz

#41 - Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

I am a big fan of Yakuza franchise, played every title (except 2) from PS2 era, but I haven't any platinum trophy.
This part is short so I decided to platinum it. It took me approx. 40 hours. Except few fights in coliseum the game is rather simple to achieve 100% trophies.
Another great title in Yakuza universe.

Bartski

Gold Member
Bought it on sale last week feeling like this could be a good moment to give this franchise another chance.

I thought about writing a LTTP, not worth it.

About the plat I only did it 'casue I have the flu and I decided to kill some time doing something simple like this trophy cleanup to take my mind off joint pain.
Nothing is missable except one trophy that you're likely to get "organically" anyway as it's the easiest and safest strat for pickpocketing heavy hostiles.

More in OT.

aV49Sxi.png

LectureMaster

Gold Member
What a hell of experience! Folks outside were obsessed with all kind of crazy news but I just sunk 140 hours over the past 3 weeks!

Okay, now here are my final thoughts for the game. As a fan of Yukuza specially all those memorable characters, I expected the game to be best in every aspect in the series to give Kiryu a flawless finish. In many facets it indeed is, but I was underwhelmed by some parts.

The story:

I always come to Yakuza (and Judgment) games for stories so this will make a great deal for me experience.

What I like: The overall plots are set written, suspenseful, and the pacing are not too bad. What the game does best is the paying all homage to all Kiryu's past sagas. Those memory are so vivid and touching, chapter 12 is the climax of the nostagia yet made my blood boil at the same time.

What I don't like: Is Kasuga a good character? Of course, I liked him in 7. As the in game characters all said this many, the time has changed, it is not the era of Yakuza anymore. And the game's story has shifted from Yakuza Gang War to more of issues of the society. I think switching the protagonist to Kasuga makes sense here.
But man, when I was playing I couldn't help but saw way too much Deja Vu of Naruto on Kasuga. In this game he kinda became a " hero stereotype": Act clumsy in usual time then become wise in critical time; always trusted ones he decided to trust for no reasons; as long as the villains have some background stories, then they are redeemable; the list goes on. I honest don't mind all of those in a actual Dragon Quest game, but in a Yakuza game, a protagonist needs to be more in depth, more layered than this for me. There are way more to expand but I'll just wrap up and say I think Yakuza 8 story is great, but the character depicts was not as good.

The gameplay:

When Yakuza 7 firstly switched turn-based, it was refreshing for a while (especially those over the top wacky poundmates, lol), but the RPG system was not deep enough to support engagement of a 100+ hours long playthrough. And I am so glad Yakuza 8 made a full evolution over its systems. And this made me first time playing a Yakuza game for gameplay over its stories. The combat now has way more playability: the position, the synergy, and the character builds are all engaging. Not to mention all jobs are just so fun to play and you don't have to worry weather they are underpowered. And many quality of life change such as fast travel at any point on the map, quick battle over underleveled enemies, able to eat at restaurants even HP is full, etc, all make the experience of this RPG Yakuza very pleasant. The only thing I hope to be added in the future is a party member hot swapping mechanics, that would make the combat even more engaging.

My overall thoughts:
Yakuza 8 gave me many emotional moments during its story and I absolutely loved the evolved RPG systems. Although I do hope future entries could be more of OG Yakuza story.

KMBgZ3E.jpg
6O7lp01.jpg

TexMex

Just stumble across this piece:

This is insane. Those trophy shovelware really plagued the ecosystem. Sony need to take stronger actions.

Yep, it’s a mess. I have 5-6 these from when they first hit the market in 2018-2019 or so, but the takeover has been gross and I write off trophy profiles when I open them and they’re just 100s of 50 cent plats.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Yep, it’s a mess. I have 5-6 these from when they first hit the market in 2018-2019 or so, but the takeover has been gross and I write off trophy profiles when I open them and they’re just 100s of 50 cent plats.
Yeah, exactly! I have bunch of Ratalaika 8-bit games. They are cheesy but at least there are some gameplay.

But when I go back and look at my trophy list, those only give me repugnance, lol.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

Yeeeeeesh. I’m out on this plat too, will just beat the game on normal and call it a day.
Gave it a quick look just to see and it seems about on par with FF7Remake. 100% the game and then do a Hard Mode Playthrough with all the extra content it adds. Given FF7Rebirth is FF7R but... five times more, I am happy.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Platinum #41 - A Plague Tale Innocence.

Pretty cool little game with a unique setting. Not too long to platinum but did get a bit fed up towards the end. Looking forward to playing Requiem at some point down the line but next up is finishing my FF7 Remake hard run for that platinum next before jumping in to Rebirth.

MmuNimE.jpg

Con-Z-epT

53610935439_cc555df35f_b.jpg

#103 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chornobyl

With the release of the Legends of the Zone Trilogy there wasn't an excuse anymore to not play this and i'm glad i at least finished the first one since it was outstanding. Even for it's age of 17 years the game is incredible gripping and intense to play, with a high amount of passionately crafted elements to it. Not a flawless game by any means, even with this rerelease but it shines bright in many aspects. Must be the radiation.

Platinum is weird to describe. I didn't had much trouble although master difficulty proved to be challenging early on. And i was very thorough in my search in the zones while keeping critical save states just in case. But going through the individual trophies itself then there are some really obscure ones and many missable that i doubt anyone would figure out on its own.

Highly recommended if you haven't played it already.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Thanks bro. I did everything the year it launched basically.

All I had left this year was a few online trophies and the 70 gold medals.
similar story on my end, I haven't played much of RDO till last summer but I thoroughly enjoyed everything perhaps except 70 gold which was the true balls breaker

Last edited:

Kerotan

similar story on my end, I haven't played much of RDO till last summer but I thoroughly enjoyed everything perhaps except 70 gold which was the true balls breaker
If they'd done the same system as GTA V I'd have platinumed it years ago. If you did any requirement for gold it ticked the box you didn't have to do them all in one go.

53610935439_cc555df35f_b.jpg

#103 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chornobyl

With the release of the Legends of the Zone Trilogy there wasn't an excuse anymore to not play this and i'm glad i atleast finished the first one since it was outstanding. Even for it's age of 17 years the game is incredible gripping and intense to play, with a high amount of passionately crafted elements to it. No a flawless game by any means, even with this rerelease but it shines bright in many aspects. Must be the radiation.

Platinum is weird to describe. I didn't had much trouble although master difficulty proved to be challenging early on. And i was very thorough in my search in the zones while keeping critical savestates just in case. But going through the individual trophies itself then there are some really obscure ones and many missables that i doubt anyone would figure out on its own.

Highly recommended if you haven't played it already.
Very nice.

I've always been interested in STALKER. It looks like a really atmospheric and immersive game. Never given it a try though. I'll have to get around to it since its right up my alley.

My plate is kind of full atm. I'm on the verge of plat'ing Blades of time.

Top Bottom