• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

arvfab

Banned
That's an impressive profile. How many hours a day do you play for, typically?

Typically 1-2 hours a day, sometimes more, sometimes nothing. There was a period a bit prior to the launch of the PS3 Slim, where I had surely 10+ hours a day, but I had a lot of personal problems and games were my "escape" from reality. I was around 20, now I'm 33, married, freelancing software engineer/architect, so my time to play has reduced a lot, and that's also another reason why I decided to stop chasing trophies: I want to experience more and different games instead of spending a lot of time on a single one doing things I find bothersome. My backlog surely agrees with my decision :D

Mr Hyde

#76 The Last of Us 2

Did a NG+ with the 60 fps resolution patch. Great game. I think I liked it even more at the second go. Relatively easy plat too.

Last edited:

marcincz

#23 - Little Nightmares II

Very good title. I liked first part, but second is even better and much longer.
Platinum rather quick (approx. 11h) and easy.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Reached a new milestone yesterday. 7000 trophies. I've been really at it since I got my PS5. Been having so much fun hunting trophies since I got it. Currently hunting platinums for four games. Returnal, Until Dawn, Wreckfest and Final Fantasy Remake Intergrade.

marcincz

Got the plat for zero time dilemma. Not as good as the first two games, but not terrible either.
True.
999 was wonderful, VLR very good, but ZTD "only" good. I was surprised when accidentally beat last part in 20 minutes (lucky+some choices). It was my first run. Next was much longer.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Trying for the gold (don’t laugh) on Resi Evil VII for the under 4 hours run. Seem to be doing okay so far.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
#76 The Last of Us 2

Did a NG+ with the 60 fps resolution patch. Great game. I think I liked it even more at the second go. Relatively easy plat too.
In my opinion the platinum in TLoU2 is too easy because of no difficulty related trophies. Yes they've added Grounded and permadeath, but they don't count towards the platinum. At least thanks to the game being sp only you don't have to worry about not getting the platinum like in the first game because of MP trophies (in TLoU1 I'm only missing the grindiest multiplayer ones).

Last edited:

TexMex

iyC0sf6.jpg

Not sure what’s next. Returnal, FF7 remake and Mass Effect trilogy all on deck.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
#65 Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX

Wasn't too hard overall. You can beat the game in about an hour and i think you just have to play it twice if you look up the trophies.
Maybe a third time. The new boss rush mode took me longer than expected since you just got one try and it is easy to mess up in the third stage.
And the final level is still a pain in the ass but in the end i mastered it. Checkpoints are generous and you have unlimited continues.

I came for the nostalgia and i'm happy that the platinum was doable, with enough challenge so that i feel i earned it.

Recommended!

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Do anybody in here have Just Cause 3? I'm wondering if you could call me out on a feat so I can beat it? It's the only online trophy that requires a friend (i got the other two by myself). MP trophies are so annoying. Drop me a PM so I can add you to my friends list if you wanna help. Would be eternally grateful whoever shows up for my rescue ☺️

Mr Hyde

#77 Until Dawn

Good game for a playthrough or two, but the platinum requires a lot more than that, making it very boring in the end. The collectors trophies were incredibly obnoxious. You could get locked out from some of them due to making wrong choices, hell you could get locked out for even walking past a certain point. So glad I'm done with this.

When I first played this several years ago I enjoyed these types of qte-driven games, but over time my taste in gaming has changed and now Until Dawn feels like something I will never return to, due to being so sluggish in its gameplay, making it an absolute snooze fest.

Last edited:

TexMex

Do anybody in here have Just Cause 3? I'm wondering if you could call me out on a feat so I can beat it? It's the only online trophy that requires a friend (i got the other two by myself). MP trophies are so annoying. Drop me a PM so I can add you to my friends list if you wanna help. Would be eternally grateful whoever shows up for my rescue ☺️

Create a boosting session on PSNProfiles.com and you’ll have this trophy in no time.

TexMex

It’s worth it. The guides and trophy data tracking alone are enough, but the boosting session feature has helped me get multiplayer trophies many times, especially for old/dead games like this one. Always someone out there who needs the same thing you do.

TexMex

i5xm0TK.jpg

Dead Cells - #180

Grinded this one out for over two years. It’s my rarest platinum.

Amazing game. Immediately bought the DLC and started a new run. Hades is all the rage, and it’s awesome. But this is the better game.

Con-Z-epT

Dead Cells - #180

Grinded this one out for over two years. It’s my rarest platinum.

Amazing game. Immediately bought the DLC and started a new run. Hades is all the rage, and it’s awesome. But this is the better game.
Well done!

Con-Z-epT

What do you think is the biggest difference between the two games?
Haven't played Hades yet but i will pick it up when it drops on PS.

Dthomp

Ugh, I'm getting so sick of games releasing with glitched trophies. Can we go back to the days of cartridges where companies actually hired playtesters and didn't just expect to fix everything with large patches?

I should be done with Doki Doki Literature Club, but there seems to be another glitch with the Breakthrough trophy where some users just aren't seeing some of the secret poems...so I get to shelf it until another patch comes out.

Dthomp.png

Last edited:

MikeM

Wow you guys are hardcore.

Currently:
Level 298
14 Plats
109 Gold
471 Silver
2064 Bronze

Currently working on platinum for Spider Man: MM.

Side note: Also have 40k Gamerscore on Xbox.

Con-Z-epT

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

An easy platinum but not a short one. Took me 40 hours.
Really entertaining game though.

klosos

#31 - Final Fantasy 10, this game is when the Final Fantasy series started going downhill.

Now I am powering through Rage 2 , by the Weekend this should be completed. Surprising good game an easy 8/10 from me. the shooting feels great and meaty

marcincz

#25 - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Beauty game. Stunning visuals and ...easy platinum. Took me approx. 20 h.

After being a "trophy whore" since their introduction back on PS3, I have finally decided to quit playing games for trophies.

I was one trophy away from the plat in RE8 and Mortal Shell (in this case, one boss away for the last 2-3 no-hits trophies), but after fighting "with my inner demons", I decided to just stop doing things I had no pleasure in doing.

I skipped a lot of GOOD games, because of tedious trophy lists and played SH*T just for the trophies. I've played games with guides to shorten the time to the plats, partially losing the enjoyment of being suprised by what I was playing. I'm not willing to do that anymore.

I will probably hunt the plats for the Sony 1st party games as long as they maintain their quality and enjoyability, as they usually help "finding more out" about the game, but will not be my priority anymore.
I'm sort of in the same lane. Purely playing games to hoard trophies can really suck the enjoyment out of gaming. It quickly becomes a chore. There are games on my list where I could get 100% now if I wanted to, but I seriously don't want to force myself through them, at least in the current moment, just to get that trophy "right here, right now"-fix.

I believe Its better to play at your own pace and minimize stress. If I'm up to the challenge, I'll get to it eventually. If I don't then that's fine too. I can't imagine playing games solely for trophies as someone like Hakoom can be good for your health. Plus, it just removes any satisfaction of earning a trophy and discovering a game on your own too.

Btw, this is probably just me, but I see a single difficult platinum to be worth way more than a dozen, or more, platinums that you can unlock within a matter of hours or days. Something that demonstrates that you used some actual skills or hard work is far more impressive than any bloated amount of trophies/achievement score.

Fuck, if any of you managed to get the complete the set in something like Raiden IV: overkill or XCOM: enemy within then you got my sincerest respect. That shit ain't easy by a long shot.

Last edited:

TexMex

Just popping in here to share my scrub profile

Also got my PS3 profile made my EU profile which is the one with 44 into my main one when I got my PS4. The PS3 profile was made when I got my PS3 in 2007 living in Texas.

nice work on the Returnal plat. I’m grinding on that right now and will take any advice you’ve got!

klosos

Ok Platinum number 33 Finished Mass Effect 1 - Legendary Edition. Still a fantastic game and the best of the Mass Effect Franchise. Ill carry my Shepard over and Start Mass Effect 2.

Hopefully i can Platinum the whole Trilogy before Diablo 2 resurrected and Next Judgement get's released next month

not too concerned with the collectible stuff - more just general tips because it’s definitely kicking my ass

Try get either or both Rotgland Lobber and Electrodriver Pylon, those makes many fights into ez mode.

Both are damage over time weapons with electrodriver being slightly better but you cant to wrong with either, with DOT weapons you can focus on dodging incoming attacks without firing your weapon constantly. Helps immensly on some enemies and all bosses.

Last edited:

TexMex

Ok Platinum number 33 Finished Mass Effect 1 - Legendary Edition. Still a fantastic game and the best of the Mass Effect Franchise. Ill carry my Shepard over and Start Mass Effect 2.

Hopefully i can Platinum the whole Trilogy before Diablo 2 resurrected and Next Judgement get's released next month

been wanting to start these (never played a ME) but heard they’re loaded with missable trophies so I’ve been dreading it

klosos

been wanting to start these (never played a ME) but heard they’re loaded with missable trophies so I’ve been dreading it

No not much is missable, every game is 20-30 hours long , apart from ME 3 theirs a bit more to do , but nothing to worry about just look at a a guide before hand and its really straight forward.

Have fun they are pretty great games. well 1 and 2 is anyway the third game not so much.

Last edited:

marcincz

#26 - Concrete Genie

Easy plat. (9-10 h).
I was very surprised after 4th chapter. Almost all game we run with big brush painting and than coming 5th chapter. Fighting, dodging!? Yup, that was unexpected.

TexMex

Working on Hades and Returnal right now, and should have the It Takes Two plat this weekend.

what’s everyone else grinding?

Working on Hades and Returnal right now, and should have the It Takes Two plat this weekend.

what’s everyone else grinding?

Need for speed Rivals. Just one more trophy for plat. I went in to just cure my arcade racer itch and got hooked all over again and realized hey...i can do this!

klosos

Ok Platnium 35 - Mass Effect 3 , a decent game but pales in comparison to Mass Effect 1. No exploration and even if we take out the ending its still only decent. 30 hours all in.

I hate the way everything in this game wraps up all storyline from the first two in a nice little bow. a let down and the start of the downfall which was Bioware.

klosos

Platinum Number 36 - is going to be a Plague Tale - Innocence, its on sale at the moment for a tenner and i have heard nothing but good things about this cant wait to jump in.

TexMex

#181: Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut

Gotta admit I’m a little bummed because I was looking forward to getting the plat again. Thought since this was a “Director’s Cut” it would have it’s own list or something but sure enough when I loaded my save to check out the new island DLC, everything auto popped. Hate all the free plats, earn it again or not at all. Oh well, I’ll do the DLC trophies and call it a day.

TexMex

TexMex TexMex

How is going with the Hades trophy? I'm at 56%.

you finish this yet? I’m at 71%.
Struggling to get the final keepsake from Hades. I heard you just give him nectar after you get your ten clears, but I’ve done that and still don’t have the option. Any ideas on what I’m missing?

Top Bottom