• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

Mr Hyde

I have 3-4 plats like this. They put it up, you can plat in 10 minutes and the games are a buck. I wish they didn’t exist because I don’t have the willpower not to.

I know that feeling, it's hard to resist sometimes, but I do try as often as I can to only hunt in games I enjoy and that pose at least some form of challenge. It's hard for me to appreciate an accomplishment if it's given for free. But yeah, sometimes it can be liberating to just pop a few trophies without any hassle. The Telltale games were perfect for this. Easy platinums but very enjoyable and fun games.

Dthomp

#246 - Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS5)

Fun little game, trophy lists for open world games drive me nuts though. I spend 3 times the length of the game doing the awful Ubi collectathon. Had a good time with the story and gameplay though.

#247 - Untitled Goose Game

Cleanup from a game that had been on my HD for a while, speed run trophies are the worst, but only struggled with one of them.

Dr. Suchong

Platted Transistor
Great game.
I was a little unimpressed by Bastion, and was beginning to think Supergiant Games were a little bit too much style over substance.
Played through it twice and really enjoyed being creative with my attack load outs.
Hopefully Hades is coming to Ps4/5 too :)

JSoup

Banned
Platinum #142 - Final Fantasy 7 (PS4 rerelease).
Parts of this game still visually hold up after all these years.

Dthomp

Platted Transistor
Great game.
I was a little unimpressed by Bastion, and was beginning to think Supergiant Games were a little bit too much style over substance.
Played through it twice and really enjoyed being creative with my attack load outs.
Hopefully Hades is coming to Ps4/5 too :)
I've tried to get into Transistor a couple of times and it just doesn't click for me, same with Bastion. Just not a fan of these artsy indy games I guess. Not that Transistor seemed bad, I just got bored rather quickly and never really stuck with it, but congrats on the Plat.
Platinum #142 - Final Fantasy 7 (PS4 rerelease).
Parts of this game still visually hold up after all these years.
So much of that game still hold up today. I plat'd that one a few years back and honestly I enjoyed far more of the whole experience then I had expected to. I think that was the 5th or 6th time in my life that I've played through it and getting the platinum felt great. Wish I enjoyed the remake enough to go for it, but that doesn't hold a candle to the OG game. Congrats!

trikster40

I don't know if there is interest in this or not, but we have a ranking list over on TrueTrophies for anyone who'd like to join:

Nice, thanks for this info, just signed and and joined the leaderboard. I’m addicted to trophies. 765 plats here. Currently working through backlog.

Dthomp

Platinum #249 - Maneater (PS5)

That was fun, although wasn't optimized as well as should have. Ran at a solid framerate until later in the game where it just couldn't seem to handle everything going on once you hit adult and elder. Either way, 16 hours was about the right amount of playtime cause it was starting to get chorey.

I'd started playing Cuphead and got through all the first island, but I don't think I have it in me to even complete this game let alone trophy hunt. Feels bad.

Time to think about my next game, may just wait out Control UE on Tuesday since I need a change of pace from all these open world games lately.

Dthomp

Platinum #250 - Concrete Genie

Thanks PS Plus, this was really solid and I was not expecting that. A perfect break from the barrage of open world and shooter games out there. Took a little longer to platinum then expected but still easily done in a day with a couple breaks. If you got plus it's worth the play, easy platinum, good story.

JSoup

Banned
Platinum #250 - Concrete Genie

Thanks PS Plus, this was really solid and I was not expecting that. A perfect break from the barrage of open world and shooter games out there. Took a little longer to platinum then expected but still easily done in a day with a couple breaks. If you got plus it's worth the play, easy platinum, good story.

The hunting community was so salty when it found out that the free DLC requires VR.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Concrete Genie has an easy platinum? Nice, I'll consider playing it soon, because I like how the game looks.

TexMex

Concrete Genie is an extremely simple, quick plat. And it's a really cool game too. No excuse to grab it now. I bought it at launch full price and felt it was worth it.

Yesterday should have been platinum #178 but one of the trophies for Hitman 3 is glitched! The only way to get it now is to delete my career profile. Apparently, IO is aware of the issue and there should be a fix soon but not sure when. Anyone know an ETA for these types of fixes?

GeorgPrime

Banned
Woking on my 9th platin trophy:

just 2 more hours of idling to fill up 100 hours play time

BhXU85F.jpg

JSoup

Banned
Yesterday should have been platinum #178 but one of the trophies for Hitman 3 is glitched! The only way to get it now is to delete my career profile. Apparently, IO is aware of the issue and there should be a fix soon but not sure when. Anyone know an ETA for these types of fixes?

ETA depends on the dev, plus at least a week since patches have to be submitted and then approved by PSN staff.
There are some people saying they got the trophy to pop via some such manner other than deleting profile here:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Just got Sackboy finished today. String it Together was HELL!!!!

I gave up on even beating the regular game in crash let alone getting platinum. Fuck those devs for making it more like the first (even harder) and not going with the perfect difficulty of 3. I'm selling that game and pretending it doesn't exist.

Think I need something relaxing now. Sackboy gave me a migraine on those trials I spent so much time cursing and freaking out before finally getting it. Think I'll do an easy plat and supposedly very good game that I can simply enjoy the story to in life is strange 2

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Platted Bugsnax and Control UE this week
I platted control but...god I hate walking back after dying on something in that game. Especially the plant boss it takes forever to get back to him. I don't think I'll be doing it again even though ps5 load times would make it easier I'm sure

HotPocket69

Banned
I platted control but...god I hate walking back after dying on something in that game. Especially the plant boss it takes forever to get back to him. I don't think I'll be doing it again even though ps5 load times would make it easier I'm sure

Just turn on Immortality and you don’t have to worry about dying ☺️

Dthomp

Just turn on Immortality and you don’t have to worry about dying ☺️

Wish I'd have thought of that when I met the plant boss too, died so many times. Turning on immortality doesn't negate the trophies? I think I'm nearing the end of the game....maybe? I accidentally started working on one of the DLCs without realizing it last night

HotPocket69

Banned
Wait what immortality? I don't even remember that from platinuming the ps4 version

They added an assist mode later adding immortality, auto aim, and aim snapping. It doesn’t negate trophies.

I platted it on PS4 as well before it was added.

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Exactly dude. I didn’t feel guilty either. Honestly earned my badge back in 2019. Felt good to rip through it and I had a better time.
A couple of those bosses were hell as I remember. There was the one that teleported all around and of course the plant asshole. It will be fun to let them feebly try to kill me while I laugh

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The 'god mode' is also available in standard version of Control, but I don't remember if you need to own the season pass or not.

The big plant boss imo is the hardest boss in the game, but you should remember that in the base game most bosses are optional. Don't try to kill them when you first have the chance, it's best to return to them as stronger Jesse after finishing the game.

HotPocket69

Banned
The 'god mode' is also available in standard version of Control, but I don't remember if you need to own the season pass or not.

The big plant boss imo is the hardest boss in the game, but you should remember that in the base game most bosses are optional. Don't try to kill them when you first have the chance, it's best to return to them as stronger Jesse after finishing the game.

Also, since the multi launch carries over into the regular game immediately (though you do need to unlock it with points) it absolutely destroys bosses and is borderline game breaking when your launch power is maxed or close to maxed.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Has anyone else done the Ripsnorter on Sackboy? That thing was so damn torturous and such a crazy step up from the rest of the game. One of the hardest platforming challenges I've ever done and probably my second hardest plat next to DBFZ

Dthomp

Platinum #251 - Control Ultimate Edition (PS5)

I see alot of either love it or hate it with this game, I really really enjoyed this one. This is one of the first games where I was actually reading alot of the collectibles as they helped to shape the story and what exactly is going on. Traversal was a blast, and the abilities sick. Also loved the Altered Worlds DLC, a fun nod to another franchise of theirs (Not to spoil anything). Wasn't a hard platinum at all, system tells me it took 28 hours so not bad at all.

Other trophies, I cleared all the second area levels in Cuphead on Regular difficulty, but man the third area takes a big jump. I try to clear a stage every few days, but likely will be taking a break from it with Destiny 2 content hitting on Tuesday. May have to give Destruction All Stars a try for a few trophies.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yes, the lore in Control is incredibly good and interesting. They're not your typical collectibles you forget about as soon as you've found them. I've tried to find and read as many documents as possible even after getting the last collectible trophy.

It seems that platinum trophy has become much easier thanks to 'cheats', but I'd still advise to play the game like normal and have fun with it. All bosses are doable, some may just need more attempts or returning to them after making Jesse more powerful.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Wow. Im amazed at the people here who have several hundred platinum trophies lol, i only have
  • Tales from the boarderlands
  • Ratchet and clank (2016)
  • Horizon zero dawn
  • Gravity rush remastered
  • Infamous second son
  • Marvels spiderman
  • Marvels spiderman remastered
  • Final fantasy xv
  • Spiderman miles morales
  • Bugsnax
  • Demons souls ps5
  • Astros playroom
Im working on control ultimate edition and need for speed hot pursuit right now. I thought about trying to get the platinum in sackboy, but it seems sort of tedious.

the one im most proud of right now is demons souls.

TexMex

Shout out for the tip on Control. Did the PS4 one legit and didn't really want to run it again - but hell could probably do it in half the time now.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Wow. Im amazed at the people here who have several hundred platinum trophies lol, i only have
  • Tales from the boarderlands
  • Ratchet and clank (2016)
  • Horizon zero dawn
  • Gravity rush remastered
  • Infamous second son
  • Marvels spiderman
  • Marvels spiderman remastered
  • Final fantasy xv
  • Spiderman miles morales
  • Bugsnax
  • Demons souls ps5
  • Astros playroom
Im working on control ultimate edition and need for speed hot pursuit right now. I thought about trying to get the platinum in sackboy, but it seems sort of tedious.

the one im most proud of right now is demons souls.
It doesn't have to be all about quantity. Having platinums from harder games is also something you can feel good about. I bet that Demon's Souls platinum didn't come easy. :)

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Astro's Playroom was enjoyable, I really wish the studio makes a proper sequel, it deserves to become a bigger series like Crash.

Also I hate speedruns, but the ones in the game were cool. I didn't do as bad as I thought with the monkey and the jetpack ones and got the last trophy with more 40 seconds to spare. :)

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

66. Gun crazy

Not a fan of these platinums, which are so easy you don't even have to break a sweat. It took roughly 5, maybe 7 minutes to get it. Bought the game because I love 2D run n guns, and this is in the same vein as Rapid Reload and Gunstar Heroes, only it's not as good. The game is very short and it has barely any replay value. It could have been remedied by making trophies tied to some challenges, but the only thing you have to do is complete level 2 and the platinum unlocks. Quick, dirty and pointless.

I just got this and a couple other platinum spam games because they’re on sale right now. This game sucked and the art style was way too busy leading to hits. The second level just has you shooting a bunch of red balls like they didn’t give a shit.

I got another cash grab platinum game called zero zero zero zero that was neat like N+ and was fun. Took like 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

#67 - Nier Automata

Did two playthroughs of this. One when it released and one now a couple of weeks ago. So roughly 4 years for the platinum. Had a couple of challenging sections but nothing to rough. Amazing game though. One of my all time favorites. Can't wait for Replicant in April.

Fox Mulder

Hard or grindy?

it’s a horrible grind.

you have to collect every item in the game, like 1400. It’s tedious, but two items are only in levels that are frustrating as hell by design. You have to finish levels for any collected items to count, so you’ll be grinding for like 20 hours after beating the game.

The platinum is like 1.5% rarity. So like no one bothered.

Dthomp

Platinum #252 - Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout.

I'm not sure I've played a game that felt both really short, and yet beyond grindy all in one bundle. This was my first experience with this series, not sure I'll visit any of the others though, the synthesis stuff is beyond boring. Like 70% of the game is played in menus making stuff. Game also had what felt like some next level power creep out of nowhere where everything can smash your face. Wish I could experience the story cause it was fun and the characters are good, just not attached to this type of game.

Top Bottom