• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

TexMex

d1eLwFm.jpg

#176 - Demon’s Souls remake

Amazing game. Did a blind play first, then started with all the missable stuff in NG+. As usual in these there’s just so many things that if you screw up you’re locking yourself into another play through.

DapperSloth

#112 100% - Manhunter.

Fun game, pretty graphics. Shame that they didn't release the Ray-Tracing patch until later this year. Would look lovely on the PS5.

TexMex

#112 100% - Manhunter.

Fun game, pretty graphics. Shame that they didn't release the Ray-Tracing patch until later this year. Would look lovely on the PS5.

I just started this and thought I was going nuts I was so confused on how to progress and died probably 20 times right in the starting area. Turns out it's a known but and I had to start over. Working fine now.

Any tips to minimize the plat time?

Fox Mulder

I got the platinum in the blizzard arcade collection in a few hours. Very easy as you can use passwords.

The trophies are broken though and won’t sync or even show up on my console.

Erdrick

I platinum'd 428 Shibuya Scramble. I know it's barely a game by many standards of people, but I still ended up really enjoying it. My 20th Platinum trophy too.

Erdrick

I freaking loved 428 Shibuya Scramble, platinum was icing on a great cake

I was happy to get Door Door as a free bonus. Huge DQ fan so I was already familiar with Nakamura and Chunsoft. Really came to love the entire cast. Also the Doctor in the hospital is fucking Solid Snake. Very unique presentation and style. Got it for 13 bucks so absolutely worth it.

Mr Hyde

#68 Control Ultimate Edition

Very good game and very straightforward trophy list. I got almost all of them by just playing the game. Had a blast with this and I knocked out most of the trophies in the DLC expansions too. Still doing Foundation. Can't believe it was free on Plus.

Also, have you guys noticed that there is a different sound effect when you pop a platinum instead of a regular trophy on PS5? I don't remember that being the case on PS3 and 4.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The trophy pops on PS5 are generally very weak. I can't even hear most of them if I'm playing a more action oriented game. You can't switch to old trophy layout, right?

JSoup

Banned
The trophy pops on PS5 are generally very weak. I can't even hear most of them if I'm playing a more action oriented game. You can't switch to old trophy layout, right?

Correct. Sony has been getting less and less willing to allow people to customize their experience every generation since the PS3.
I dislike the trophy sound changes too.

TexMex

I don't dislike the sound, I just hate how quiet it is as mentioned. It's much more prevalent on my Pulse headset, almost like the mix coming through the TV is just off.

I did notice the different platinum sound, but only after I read someone else talking about it and made sure to listen hard for it. It's a nice touch - but they really need to make them louder.

DapperSloth

I just started this and thought I was going nuts I was so confused on how to progress and died probably 20 times right in the starting area. Turns out it's a known but and I had to start over. Working fine now.

Any tips to minimize the plat time?

Good you got that resolved. Hey the game was fun and addicting so the platinum was good fun. And it didn't take long, maybe 14 hours for 100%. Don't have any tips for making it shorter, or you will risk of getting burned.

Mr Hyde

#69 Sekiro

This was by far the most difficult platinum of the games Miyazaki has directed. Did it legit, over the course of 4 playthroughs, each for one ending. Playing it 4 times also eased up on the grinding for skills, which I thought was way excessive.

Sword Saint Isshin on NG+++ was a nightmare and the biggest obstacle by far. Everything else was pretty doable once you've mastered the game. The first playthrough was the roughest, and then it got progressively easier. Until the final boss that is. Guardian Ape and Owl are pretty hard too.

All in all, Sekiro is one of the best games from the last generation. A true gem and terrific finale for From Softwares 10-year long success story since Demon's Souls released. The journey to platinum took a total of 132 hours and about two years, give or take.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I feel bad, I gave up on Shadow of the Tomb Raider with just the difficulty trophies left. By the time I was done with my 100% playthough I just couldn't bear to do it again with the dumb non checkpoint system that hardest difficulty throws at you.

TexMex

#69 Sekiro

This was by far the most difficult platinum of the games Miyazaki has directed. Did it legit, over the course of 4 playthroughs, each for one ending. It also eased up on the grinding for skills, which I thought was way excessive.

Sword Saint Isshin on NG+++ was a nightmare and the biggest obstacle by far. Everything else was pretty doable once you've mastered the game. The first playthrough was the roughest, and then it got progressively easier. Until the final boss that is. Guardian Ape and Owl are pretty hard too.

All in all, Sekiro is one of the best games from the last generation. A true gem and terrific finale for From Softwares 10-year long success story since Demon's Souls released. The journey to platinum took a total of 132 hours and about three years, give or take.

Hats off to you. I have Demons, Dark Souls and Bloodborne but this is a rough one for me as I've probably mentioned here. I'm going to restart it though, I really do want it but man, I am horrible at it. Hoping the bosses have plenty of active cheeses on the current patch to get me through. If you have any tips I'm all ears.

I feel bad, I gave up on Shadow of the Tomb Raider with just the difficulty trophies left. By the time I was done with my 100% playthough I just couldn't bear to do it again with the dumb non checkpoint system that hardest difficulty throws at you.

We all have something we abandoned at the finish line. Ghostbusters on PS3 and CoD WW2 stand out for me.

Mr Hyde

Hats off to you. I have Demons, Dark Souls and Bloodborne but this is a rough one for me as I've probably mentioned here. I'm going to restart it though, I really do want it but man, I am horrible at it. Hoping the bosses have plenty of active cheeses on the current patch to get me through. If you have any tips I'm all ears.

Thanks. Sekiro can be tough, it's all about mastering the combat and parrying. There aren't really that many cheese tactics against bosses, not that I'm aware of, you just have to learn their patterns and be patient. Learn to master Mikiri Counter (where you step on the opponents sword/spear, pivotal against Genichiro, Isshin and 2nd face off against Owl) and utilize the candy for sneaking and posture/attack damage (red and green candy), that will make the levels somewhat easier. That's the best advice I can give you.

With the new update, you now have the opportunity to practice on bosses in the Gauntlet of Strength as many times as you want. If you have platinumed Bloodborne and Dark Souls you should be able to conquer Sekiro to. BB could be rough too, especially down in the Defiled Chalice Dungeons. Some bosses down there were brutal with half HP. But given that Sekiro doesn't allow for summons, I consider it the hardest game in their portfolio of Souls-games (even if I don't consider Sekiro a "Souls-game).

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

#70 Duke Nukem 3D World Tour

A couple of months ago I played Bulletstorm with Duke Nukem in it. I thought he was hilarious and made the game so much better. His dry humor and dead pan delivery was an excellent fit for a game like Bulletstorm.

So I bought 3D World Tour on a sale for a couple of dollars to see how his older games fared. And man, this game has not aged well. In fact, it was horrible. Tried to do it legit but upon completing the first world, I was already tired of it and just activated cheats to get it over with. The only saving grace was Duke himself, a couple of fun Easter eggs and some of the developer comments.

When the platinum popped I immediately deleted it from the PS5. And I shall never speak of it again. I do hope Duke makes a return for a modern revival though, that would be fun.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
#70 Duke Nukem 3D World Tour

A couple of months ago I played Bulletstorm with Duke Nukem in it. I thought he was hilarious and made the game so much better. His dry humor and dead pan delivery was an excellent fit for a game like Bulletstorm.

So I bought 3D World Tour on a sale for a couple of dollars to see how his older games fared. And man, this game has not aged well. In fact, it was horrible. Tried to do it legit but upon completing the first world, I was already tired of it and just activated cheats to get it over with. The only saving grace was Duke himself, a couple of fun Easter eggs and some of the developer comments.

When the platinum popped I immediately deleted it from the PS5. And I shall never speak of it again. I do hope Duke makes a return for a modern revival though, that would be fun.
I didn't have such a negative reaction myself, but it was definitely worse than what I remembered from the city levels from the shareware version. Some of the later stages were pretty bad. The primitive humor is primarily what kept me going. Ion Fury is much better than Duke 3D despite the similarities. Unfortunately it's not an easy game to platinum, because you have to kill all enemies in the game and you can't track that in real time. There are some levels where enemies can glitch or spawn later on so you never know if you've missed your chance or not.

JSoup

Banned
Oh, I never posted my last two.

#143 - Final Fantasy 8 (PS4)
I admit to being the "8 is the worst FF" club since it was new. Having replayed it after all these years....yeah, it's not the most amazing FF, but it's hardly the worst. Not terrible, like the weapon upgrade system and it has triple goddamn tirad, so...

Also, I'm older and wiser now, so I'm aware that the worst FF is actually 10.

#144 - Concrete Genie
Pretty good. Like how the genies should be creepy as fuck but actually come off as pretty likeable. I wouldn't call the game super amazing, but it's fun enough and very pretty at parts.

klosos

I Killed Uber Atziri at the alluring abyss to get the Platinum for Path Of Exile, in total it took me over 1400 hours to get it over 2-3 years but i love the game so its well worth it.

not sure what to start now, something smaller thats for sure.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I will start to contribute because my "illness" tells me to. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

#61 Cosmic Star Heroine

I finished the game about a week ago.
There are missable trophies but the game even tells you to make a backup save at some points.
Took me 13 hours.

As for other trophies i'm still missing the knitted knight trial 16 in Sackboy for Platinum.
It is so annoying! I tried every day at least 5 times since the last two weeks.
If i ever get it i'm gonna be a honorable knitt knight. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Don't feel bad! It is the same for me. I could not drag myself to play through it again and yet it is just on trophy that is missing.

Con-Z-epT

I plan on getting to 13 Sentinels this Saturday, for a easy platinum.

One platinum I'm proud i have is: Final Fantasy 14
I started to play Dragon's Crown Pro this week after discovering Vanillaware games earlier this year.

Looking at the trophy list this is one hell of a grind.

After this i'm really interested in either 13 Sentinels or Odin Sphere.

Mr.ODST

Lost my old account with my battlefield plats but started again!
Just got Spiderman MM need to get Astro and working on Nioh 1 plat (Platinumned Nioh 1 before)

Con-Z-epT

Lost my old account with my battlefield plats but started again!
Just got Spiderman MM need to get Astro and working on Nioh 1 plat (Platinumned Nioh 1 before)
Astro is a lot of fun! Pure nostalgia.

How hard is Nioh?

Zatzuken

My last game i got the plat in was Wreckfest as number 9, was a fun game, and i got the multiplayer trophy playing with my youngest son he loved it too.

TexMex

I grabbed that one also as it was free on PS Plus.
Felt good to play something different.

How can you have 177 Platinums and still be below level 500?

I never going to get there. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

the level scaling takes forever. It’s very padded, they don’t want to adjust how the leveling system works anytime soon, so the hill to level 999 is extremely steep.

Con-Z-epT

the level scaling takes forever. It’s very padded, they don’t want to adjust how the leveling system works anytime soon, so the hill to level 999 is extremely steep.
LV 414 currently. With 61 Plats.

But it's still fun to go for them.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

My last game i got the plat in was Wreckfest as number 9, was a fun game, and i got the multiplayer trophy playing with my youngest son he loved it too.
I stopped at 78% completion. Mainly because i lost interest.
Still an awesome game!

Con-Z-epT

All your trophy data is behind the privacy wall. If you have a PS5, it defaults to that now. May have done it retroactively for other systems too but I’m not sure about that.
I don't understand what you are trying to tell me. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

JSoup

Banned
How can you have 177 Platinums and still be below level 500?

Points distribution is based on the actual trophies, not strictly the presence of a platinum. There are games with 90+ trophies, but all but two are bronze, so it's point value is based solely on it's trophy count. Vs. some spam games have only 20 trophy, with all but two being gold.

Level scaling is arguably better now than it's been in the past. Previous to the last major update, you'd need a massive number of trophies between levels to make any visible progress. This one is much more rewarding, provided you're actually playing games.

I don't understand what you are trying to tell me. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Your trophy data is set to private in your settings.
When you register a new system to your account, your settings are automatically reset to being private as a security measure.

Con-Z-epT

Points distribution is based on the actual trophies, not strictly the presence of a platinum. There are games with 90+ trophies, but all but two are bronze, so it's point value is based solely on it's trophy count. Vs. some spam games have only 20 trophy, with all but two being gold.

Level scaling is arguably better now than it's been in the past. Previous to the last major update, you'd need a massive number of trophies between levels to make any visible progress. This one is much more rewarding, provided you're actually playing games.
It is definitely an improvement but if you try to reach LV 500 and beyond it feels kinda impossible.
Your trophy data is set to private in your settings.
When you register a new system to your account, your settings are automatically reset to being private as a security measure.
Ah so TexMex TexMex just tried to have a look and was not able to. I guess?

Con-Z-epT

All your trophy data is behind the privacy wall. If you have a PS5, it defaults to that now. May have done it retroactively for other systems too but I’m not sure about that.
I changed it now. You may have a look.

TexMex

Yeah that's odd. I was wondering if maybe you had more trophies overall, but it probably just throttles the levels really hard once you start getting up there. It's a steep climb.

Congrats on the Dead Cells plat. Been working on that one for ages, not sure I'll ever get it.

Con-Z-epT

Yeah that's odd. I was wondering if maybe you had more trophies overall, but it probably just throttles the levels really hard once you start getting up there. It's a steep climb.

Congrats on the Dead Cells plat. Been working on that one for ages, not sure I'll ever get it.
Overall completion could be better but i try to not force myself to play a game if i don't like it anymore.

Thanks! That one is rage inducing and pretty luck based. I never finished 5 boss cells after that. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

JSoup

Banned
Level is all based on points and points are tied to trophy type. If you really plan on leveling past around 410 or so, you need to either have a pile overall trophies or start doing research on point efficient games (mostly games with a high number of silver and gold with a platinum, normally at least 45 trophies total). Your completion rate only really effects trophy level in so far as not completing things deprives you of the platinum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom