• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

TexMex

I was about to platinum Bloodborne when I realised that it would be my 49th Platinum so I've scoured my blacklist for something quick to platinum so I can have Bloodborne be number 50.

Chickens on the Road or My Name is Mayo. Both cost a dollar. Both can be done in minutes.

JSoup

Banned
Chickens on the Road or My Name is Mayo. Both cost a dollar. Both can be done in minutes.
If you're going that route, get both Mayo games. Seriously, funny games for a buck each, you can't go wrong.
Also, buying the first game also grants you a copy of the Vita version, so there is another free platinum.

Fox Mulder

Started the Spyro collection and the easy plats.

I forgot how god awful the first game’s final boss is. Makes you run around handling like a school bus and hit the boss twice as he’s standing around.

JSoup

Banned

I forgot how god awful the first game’s final boss is. Makes you run around handling like a school bus and hit the boss twice as he’s standing around.

My reaction to the final boss was not realizing it was the final boss. I thought the huge metal dragons mouth thing in the hub went to the final boss. It was literally "Wait, that was the guy? Oh."

Dthomp

Just finished up the second DLC 100% for Borderlands 3 (PS5), still missing the two glitched PS5 trophies so no platinum yet. Wish I'd have known this was glitched going in, I may not have bothered since I've already Plat'd BL3 on PS4 once already. Gonna keep slow playing through the next two DLCs for the trophies though.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member

For me personally Spyro 3 was most annoying. I just didn't like some of the mini-games and the game was way more bugged than Spyro 1 & 2 (I played it on launch).

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
#62 - Narita Boy

Took me about 8 hours. Can definitely be done quicker.
I came for the artstyle and left with the platinum. :messenger_beaming:

There are some missable trophies in the game but if you look careful it is not hard to find everything.

Highly recommended!

TexMex

#62 - Narita Boy

Took me about 8 hours. Can definitely be done quicker.
I came for the artstyle and left with the platinum. :messenger_beaming:

There are some missable trophies in the game but if you look careful it is not hard to find everything.

Highly recommended!

I keep hearing this. Going to pick it up, thanks!

Dthomp

It's been a while since I platinumed a game, but #253 - Days Gone (PS5). This game was fucking fantastic, it may take the top spot of my favorite Sony 1st party title of the last gen. Beautiful world, great writing and voice acting, and memorable characters that for a change I actually cared about, not just boring NPCs living in the background.

Now the bummer, I started GI Joe for the PS4....I'll likely get the platinum cause It looks easy, but man this game is dogshit....

Dthomp

Plat #254 - G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout (PS4) - Yuck, this was actually a super easy platinum, but damn was I disappointed by this game. I was hoping for something similar to Transformers Devastation for the nostalgia factor, but this had nothing outside of the characters from the old days...even if I did feel a few looked off. Gunplay wise, this might be the worst third person shooter I've ever played. If you are seeking an easy platinum, this is that, but I haven't felt this empty after a platinum in a LONG time. Might be the worst platinum I've earned from an enjoyment level.

Dthomp

Platinum #255 - Borderlands 3 (PS5) - Gearbox finally fixed the bug that wasn't tracking your locations and eridian slabs correctly, that is fixed finally so I loaded my game back up and booted it up and got my platinum. :)

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Platinum #255 - Borderlands 3 (PS5) - Gearbox finally fixed the bug that wasn't tracking your locations and eridian slabs correctly, that is fixed finally so I loaded my game back up and booted it up and got my platinum. :)
Good to know, it still took them longer than it should to fix the trophies. But on the other hand this is Gearbox and having to WAIT for them to fix the bugs (like the framedrops for using zoom in Borderlands 2) shouldn't be a surprise. ;)

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I’ve just got the last of the story to finish and spend 100 ability points and I’ll be in the same club.
The trophy for 100 ability points is much easier now. No need to look for the hidden areas in the base game, because you can get the skill points from doing quests and other stuff in the expansions.

JSoup

Banned
The trophy for 100 ability points is much easier now. No need to look for the hidden areas in the base game, because you can get the skill points from doing quests and other stuff in the expansions.

This. You'll drop at least 20 points just on what you'll need to upgrade Shape/Fracture.

TexMex

When I got the trophy I thought it was way less tedious than I remembered but couldn’t recall why. Forgot about finding all the hidden areas.

DLC also made the bureau alerts easier too.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Off topic sorry there’s a hidden area I know of but I think you have to hover over a floating in mid air body then jump off them again and float up higher to get to it - cannot seem to do that no matter how hard I try.

So good to know I don’t need to find them all now.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Been trophy hunting as of late.

71# The Wolf Among Us

72# Ghost of Tsushima

GoT was awesome and had a fun platinum, that kinda just pops if you do everything in the 100%.

The Wolf Among Us is standard Telltale fare. It's an okay game that was much worse than I remembered.

I'm close now to a new milestone, which is 7000 trophies. I'm currently at 6889 so I reckon by the summer.

JSoup

Banned
Platinum #145, Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink.
If you've never played Artifex Mundi games, they are a mix of puzzle and hidden object games. They have piles of these and Clockwork Tales is the least demanding of the entire library. I had already finished it on Steam a few years ago, but I remembered enjoying it. And I've got PSNow for a while, so...

Erdrick

Didn't get a Platinum for it, but I did get all the trophies in ABZU the other day. Neat little game that didn't overstay it's welcome and reminded me of Journey but underwater. Nice and chill.

Mr Hyde

73# Ratchet and Clank

74# The Sinking City

Both fairly easy but required multiple playthroughs. Both very fun games. Ratchet was my first time with the genre. Ready for Rift Apart now.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I was about to platinum Bloodborne when I realised that it would be my 49th Platinum so I've scoured my blacklist for something quick to platinum so I can have Bloodborne be number 50.
Nice mate.

I’ve just got the platinum on Horizon Zero Dawn (number 49). My 50th will be God of War.

According to PSN Profiles;

Plat #1 God of War III (PS3)
Plat #10 Okami HD (PS3)
Plat #20 Bloodborne
Plat #30 DriveClub
Plat #40 A Hat in Time

Great list of games.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
73# Ratchet and Clank

74# The Sinking City

Both fairly easy but required multiple playthroughs. Both very fun games. Ratchet was my first time with the genre. Ready for Rift Apart now.

If you're using a guide, two playthroughs for both should do it.
Both excellent games.

Mr Hyde

If you're using a guide, two playthroughs for both should do it.
Both excellent games.

I did two playthroughs of Ratchet as it was mandatory. The Sinking City I did a couple of more, first because the game was so good, but also because I never use a guide during my first playthrough. Sometimes even on my second run. I don't even look at the trophy list because I want to be unspoiled as much as possible and discover as much as I can on my own. Two playthroughs are a minimum for every game I play, but sometimes it's even three, four, up to five. Depends on how much I like it.

AmuroChan

Platinum #550 - Persona 5 Strikers

Very pleasantly surprised by how good this game was. I expected it to be your average Musou spinoff, but this was way more of a proper P5 sequel than it is a Musou spinoff. It has a full-fledged storyline with most of the usual Persona elements that people love. The combat was also not as intrusive as I thought it'd be. It's a bit of a hybrid system I would say, and the length of battles are also much quicker than other Musou games. Overall, I really enjoyed the game, and while I wouldn't put this in GOTY territory, it's certainly the most surprising game I've played in 2021.

Zatzuken

Since I last checked in added my #10 and #11

Spirit Hunter on Vita was ok, I don't know if I enjoyed it enough to ever get the sequel though

The Order 1886, I really liked this game, I did only pay a few pound for it so that could colour my view but I really liked the setting

ManaByte

Just Platinumed Miles.
kciCUTc.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Just got my copy of Returnal. The buzz is that it will be a very hard platinum, very skill dependent, and that is something I very much want right now. I hope Housemarque offers a good, well balanced challenge. Their previous games were pretty hard so I reckon this will be too, but Sony first party games as of late has had very easy platinums. Nothing wrong with that but it would be nice if they ramped up the difficulty as a change if pace.

Last edited:

Erdrick

No platinum or anything yet, but I just finally beat the NES Double Dragon for the first time in my life via the Kunio collection on PS4 and got the trophy for it. Thank you save states. I've been trying since I first played it in April 1989...

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It's intentional to make you keep playing instead of selling the game. Also increases the chances of buying expansion passes and, most of all, paid xp boosters to make the process smoother. ;)

Zatzuken

Finished Persona 3 Dancing the other day, and i loved it, im rubbish at rhythm games so it took me longer then most but came out of it very happy.

Con-Z-epT

#63 Returnal

Took me 98 hours. In the end i was missing 1 collectable and watched a YOUTUBE video.
It showed that i could force the collectable to spawn. Could have saved me 40 hours.

But i don't mind. I will keep playing.

TexMex

#63 Returnal

Took me 98 hours. In the end i was missing 1 collectable and watched a YOUTUBE video.
It showed that i could force the collectable to spawn. Could have saved me 40 hours.

But i don't mind. I will keep playing.

been wanting to go for this, but was waiting for a few more patches to drop with all of the stability complaints. Any issues for you?

Con-Z-epT

been wanting to go for this, but was waiting for a few more patches to drop with all of the stability complaints. Any issues for you?
I had one bug and one crash early on. I dodged the corrupted save file update. Others seemed to be more affected.

With the newest patch it seems to be stable.

Mr Hyde

#75 Horizon Zero Dawn

Did a NG+ run and picked up the last of the trophies. Good game, but I was a little bit bored at it in the end. Now I'm ready for Forbidden West.

100% Abzu

Nice little indie game that was free with the Play at Home initiative. Very beautiful and relaxing game. Liked it quite a lot.

T-Cake

I'm pretty much a noob, having started a brand new PSN ID for PS5. (Which is turning out to be a very long wait 😂)

I have been saving up a lot of PS4 games to play on PS5 so just going through some old games on PS3 in between bouts of Xbox Game Pass. There aren't enough hours in the day to satisfy my gaming needs.

#1 Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
#2 Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
#3 Prince of Persia 2008 (PS3)
#4 Borderlands (PS3)
#5 BioShock 2 Remastered (PS4)
#6 Infamous (PS3)
#7 Infamous 2 (PS3)
#8 The Wolf Among Us (PS3)

arvfab

Banned

After being a "trophy whore" since their introduction back on PS3, I have finally decided to quit playing games for trophies.

I was one trophy away from the plat in RE8 and Mortal Shell (in this case, one boss away for the last 2-3 no-hits trophies), but after fighting "with my inner demons", I decided to just stop doing things I had no pleasure in doing.

I skipped a lot of GOOD games, because of tedious trophy lists and played SH*T just for the trophies. I've played games with guides to shorten the time to the plats, partially losing the enjoyment of being suprised by what I was playing. I'm not willing to do that anymore.

I will probably hunt the plats for the Sony 1st party games as long as they maintain their quality and enjoyability, as they usually help "finding more out" about the game, but will not be my priority anymore.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member

After being a "trophy whore" since their introduction back on PS3, I have finally decided to quit playing games for trophies.

I was one trophy away from the plat in RE8 and Mortal Shell (in this case, one boss away for the last 2-3 no-hits trophies), but after fighting "with my inner demons", I decided to just stop doing things I had no pleasure in doing.

I skipped a lot of GOOD games, because of tedious trophy lists and played SH*T just for the trophies. I've played games with guides to shorten the time to the plats, partially losing the enjoyment of being suprised by what I was playing. I'm not willing to do that anymore.

I will probably hunt the plats for the Sony 1st party games as long as they maintain their quality and enjoyability, as they usually help "finding more out" about the game, but will not be my priority anymore.
Congrats on dropping the addiction. ;)

Top Bottom