• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2: 13 new titles and launch lineup revealed

Killer8

I'm not chastising anyone, I just responded to a post that unfairly compared costs of different platforms. Let's not act like PS5 + PSVR2 is attainable for poor folks that couldn't if they wanted to make a different choice afford a PC instead. Both are premium luxury stuff even with small differences. It's fine to not want it, which doesn't make the other choice lesser, just as gaming on flat PS5 doesn't make gaming on PC extinct (even with the cost difference being more pronounced, though again you tend to save loads on games over time and also upgrade incrementally and not in one go) 🤷‍♂️

If I misread into your post in a way you didn't intend then I apologize.

How attractive a product like PSVR2 is to buyers obviously depends on how much money they are willing to spend on it, but it should also take into account their current gaming setup. It goes without saying that extremely poor people, who can't even afford a PS5 or a capable enough PC to begin with, are going to feel excluded from VR.

As I said though, VR is usually viewed as a novelty add-on, and so it's possible for people to buy into a VR setup incrementally. For example they get the PS5 first (which they were very likely wanting to buy anyway), and then later down the line they buy the headset. This spreads the cost out and makes it more justifiable for most people in the long run.

If someone could afford a PS5 already, chances are that they would be able to afford a PSVR2 at some point in the future - maybe not immediately, and it might take some saving or perhaps an installment plan to pay for it, but it isn't an astronomical ask. A PS5 owner is already 40% of the way there just by owning the console.

And i'd hesitate to even call a PS5 'premium', as with inflation the price is not dissimilar from the Xbox 360 at launch (which many considered affordable at the time). In fact a PS5 digital is cheaper than the Xbox 360 core SKU ($400 vs $450 w/ inflation), and a PS5 with the disc drive is only $33 more.

SLB1904

Banned
My racing wheel and stand are ready for GT7.

I should check out which cars I want to experience in VR first.
Was never in doubt for me

Mazda-787B-01.jpg

Rob_27

Will there be a psvr2 worlds?

I have a quest2 but a shit pc. Will give the quest 2 to the wife. Hehe.

I need more content and info from playstation. Nit long to go what they waiting for....

How likely are we to get it on the day?

dave_d

I'd love it if there was Google Earth for PSVR2. (Since that seems like a cool use of the app.) Anyway also I'm not normally a racing guy but it's making GT7 seem interesting.

SilentUser

A little less known game but all you PSVR only gamers should be hyped about Demeo. A VR tabletop adventure game and it's awesome. Hopefully they make it cross platform?

Yep, this awesome title is crossplay. They said so when they announced the game:

And if you want to play Demeo with your friends, but they play on non-PlayStation hardware? You can do that too! Thanks to Sony’s ongoing developer support, Demeo players on PS5 and PS VR2 will be able to jump into sessions with their pals no matter where they prefer to get their game on.

Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/09/13/demeo-reinvents-game-night-on-playstation-in-2023/

Already bought for the PSVR2 to play with friends, I'm so excited!

Crayon

I might be able to convince a friend or two to get a cheap pc set and play some of that demio. Maybe pavlov, too.

Skifi28

Just GT7 for me. Not that I'm complaining, but 600 euros for a single game I'm already playing might me too much to justify at launch. Will probably wait for a bit.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Aaaand they're announcing a 10€ fee for each PSVR2 port of those smaller PSVR1 games.

Many of these games didn't even cost 10€ to begin with. Rez Infinite has been on sale for 9€ on the PSN Store.

Î'm glad I didn't pre-order.

10$ upodate for rez is such a scam.
that game is barely worth 10$ alone

Boss Mog

I'm guessing Moss owners on PSVR will have to rebuy the PSVR2 version...

What About RE Village VR? Has Capcom said anything about people who own the PS5 version having some kind of upgrade path to VR?

Ar¢tos

A little less known game but all you PSVR only gamers should be hyped about Demeo. A VR tabletop adventure game and it's awesome. Hopefully they make it cross platform?

Is psvr2 optional for this game?
Im only getting the headset near the end of the year, but I'm really interested in this game.

Crayon

Demeo also has a non-VR version called Demeo: PC Edition. It's Steam Deck verified as well. Great game.

About that.... I was wondering at first what the point of playing it in vr was. Then I looked closer and noticed that it's actually alot like playing a real tabletop game. I'd want to do it with vr presence for the social aspect. We play some games together but it's not like hanging out at all because everyone is focused on the game. Maybe something like demio would be better.

Rudius

Thumper​

Become a space beetle on a rhythm-action hellride in Thumper. The gameplay is fiendishly simple: tight controls, classic action, and breakneck speed. Combined with psychedelic visuals, a throbbing soundtrack, and adrenalizing boss battles, it’s pure rhythm violence.

On PlayStation VR2, the 4K visuals (2000 x 2040 per eye), 3D audio, and PS VR2 Sense controller’s haptic feedback deepen the immersion and monumental dread. Get ready to feel every satisfying thump and punishing crash. Thumper will leave you bruised, battered, and hungry for more.

c835b62a2791d82241682ad87865220bfecd277c.jpg

SLB1904

Banned

Thumper​

Become a space beetle on a rhythm-action hellride in Thumper. The gameplay is fiendishly simple: tight controls, classic action, and breakneck speed. Combined with psychedelic visuals, a throbbing soundtrack, and adrenalizing boss battles, it’s pure rhythm violence.

On PlayStation VR2, the 4K visuals (2000 x 2040 per eye), 3D audio, and PS VR2 Sense controller’s haptic feedback deepen the immersion and monumental dread. Get ready to feel every satisfying thump and punishing crash. Thumper will leave you bruised, battered, and hungry for more.

c835b62a2791d82241682ad87865220bfecd277c.jpg
Christmas won't stop lol

reinking

Gold Member
I think it's actually kind of pathetic. Most of the games are just ports from existing games on the Meta/Oculus Quest. And out of the ones not already available on Quest, several of them are already available on PCVR.
If the value in PSVR lies in high quality exclusives, the list is pretty bad. If you want to play ports of shitty Quest games, then I guess you have a lot to pick from.

Meta Quest Games
PCVR
Not Available on Meta Quest or PCVR
  • Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
  • Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive, launch window)
  • Cities VR (Fast Travel Games)
  • Cosmonious High (Owlchemy)
  • Creed Rise to Glory: Championship Edition (Survios, launch window)
  • The Dark Pictures: Switchback (Supermassive, launch window)
  • Demeo (Resolution Games)
  • Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
  • Fantavision 202X (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (via free update to PS5 version of GT7)
  • Horizon Call of the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
  • Job Simulator (Owlchemy)
  • Jurassic World Aftermath (Coatsink)
  • Kayak VR: Mirage (Better Than Life)
  • Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (Gemdrops, Inc.)
  • The Last Clockwinder (Pontoco/Cyan Worlds)
  • The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions)
  • Moss 1 & 2 Remaster (Polyarc)
  • NFL Pro Era (StatusPro, Inc., free PS VR2 upgrade)
  • No Man’s Sky (Hello Games, launch window)
  • Pavlov VR (Vankrupt)
  • Pistol Whip (Cloudhead, free upgrade)
  • Puzzling Places (Realities.io, free upgrade)
  • Resident Evil Village (Capcom, via free update to PS5 version of RE Village)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance)
  • Song in the Smoke (17 Bit)
  • STAR WARS: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge (ILMxLab)
  • Synth Riders (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade)
  • The Tale of Onogoro (Amata K.K)
  • Tentacular (Devolver)
  • Tetris Effect (Enhance)
  • Thumper (Drool LLC)
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (Skydance, launch window)
  • Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy)
  • What the Bat (Triband)
  • Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free upgrade)
You're trying too hard. Why would it only be 1st party games that bring "value" to the PSVR 2? An expanded library brings much more value. You also listed 5 PSVR 2 exclusives that are going to be available at launch. How many did you expect?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
About that.... I was wondering at first what the point of playing it in vr was. Then I looked closer and noticed that it's actually alot like playing a real tabletop game. I'd want to do it with vr presence for the social aspect. We play some games together but it's not like hanging out at all because everyone is focused on the game. Maybe something like demio would be better.
Oh for sure the VR version is more immersive. I just mean to say that even if one of them don’t have a headset yet they can still play along. Looks like even on PS5 VR is optional.
Im only getting the headset near the end of the year, but I'm really interested in this game.
According to the PlayStation Store page PSVR2 is optional.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
We are all assuming now gt7 is the full game since there is no note or * next to it, but has any press release or official sony response actually confirmed this?

Crayon

We are all assuming now gt7 is the full game since there is no note or * next to it, but has any press release or official sony response actually confirmed this?

For the hundreth time why would it not be? I can see being cautiosly optimistic at worst but this is getting rediculous.

They said you'd be able to join online races. That's what I said a week ago should be the bar for the whole game because if you can do that you can do anything.

THE DUCK

For the hundreth time why would it not be? I can see being cautiosly optimistic at worst but this is getting rediculous.

They said you'd be able to join online races. That's what I said a week ago should be the bar for the whole game because if you can do that you can do anything.

Relax, I'm not hoping your wrong, I'm hoping your right.

ABnormal

Relax, I'm not hoping your wrong, I'm hoping your right.
They confirmed it trough PSblog:

"We’re thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2’s next gen features. With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life."

THE DUCK

They confirmed it trough PSblog:

"We’re thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2’s next gen features. With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life."

Awesome, thanks!

chixdiggit

They released a non-VR version of this game on PC so it's a possibility. I have played both and honestly the non-VR version is meh in comparison. It's technically the same game but loses a lot of the fun in the translation some how.

Crayon

I'm not that interested in the kyak game but when I saw them actually racing it got my attention. That might be kinda fun. The launch is so stacked there's no way I'm getting to it, though.

nial

Gold Member
Great launch lineup, but I'm quite disappointed by the low number of first-party games. The original PSVR launched with 10 of them, PSVR2 only has Horizon and Gran Turismo 7.
Any chance they will port the Wipeout Omega Collection over from PSVR to PSVR2?
Very little chance given that it's already a collection of remastered PS3 and Vita games. I'm pretty sure we'll get a new Wipeout with VR support instead.

Great launch lineup, but I'm quite disappointed by the low number of first-party games. The original PSVR launched with 10 of them, PSVR2 only has Horizon and Gran Turismo 7.

The ones they have are massive though

Probably best to spread out the first party releases. There’s a ton of stuff to dive into and it would cannibalize third party sales

MrMephistoX

Very little chance given that it's already a collection of remastered PS3 and Vita games. I'm pretty sure we'll get a new Wipeout with VR support instead.
Eh easy money is on porting PSVR titles that sold well like Rez is already on the launch list. I’m personally hoping for Battlezone and Astrobot. Maybe they’ll surprise us with a playroom like experience that’s basically Astrobot 2.

Top Bottom