• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

Resenge

Seeing reports on reddit that it was out of stock almost immediately. My pre order link put me into the site 5 mins before the Pre order time.

I got a Call of the mountain bundle and a charging dock. My brother just gets an out of stock message. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone know any 3rd party sites that will have pre order stock in the future?

[Edit]
Might be something screwy with the Pre order system. I still see people reporting pre orders and some saying out of stock.
[Edit2]
Seems some people are getting out of stock message because their pre order window isn't active yet.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Seeing reports on reddit that it was out of stock almost immediately. My pre order link put me into the site 5 mins before the Pre order time.

I got a Call of the mountain bundle and a charging dock. My brother just gets an out of stock message. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone know any 3rd party sites that will have pre order stock in the future?

[Edit]
Might be something screwy with the Pre order system. I still see people reporting pre orders and some saying out of stock.
[Edit2]
Seems some people are getting out of stock message because their pre order window isn't active yet.
Fuck

A fool and his money are quickly parted. I have a quest 2 that is total wireless and bought for $299.
But can you play with your ps5?

Last edited:

skit_data

Almost 8000 SEK for a PSVR2 bundled with Horizon.
I paid 5000 SEK for my PS5 on launch day.
Yeah, it will be a while before I consider getting one.

Edit: Lol, at Webhallen they say they can’t even guarantee the price stays the same due to the state of the economy and that it might even go higher.

Last edited:
£530 holy shit!

fyrbKDA.gif
I am wondering what happened to her.What an asshole she could’ve died falling on her head or never walk again Break parts of her neck.probably broke a few bones falling without knowing without preparation and bracing herself.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
A fool and his money are quickly parted. I have a quest 2 that is total wireless and bought for $299. This is almost double the price and tethered to a ps5. I can afford it but do not feel it warrants the price

some people prefers to spend more on a wired VR headset for a smaller selection of old VR ports.

Ridiculous. I’ve been checking PlayStation direct all morning and there’s no order option. Is it out stock already?
Didn't they reserve a headset for those with an invite?
Could've sworn it said so on the website, after 'joining the event'.

Luckily got my pre-order in. Good luck to those still trying to get one in.

nbkicker

Well since the ps1 ive owned every console and accessory since day 1, this time with sonys stupid register for a chance to preorder, never got chance to preorder, although prob played ps5 least in last 2yrs then any console ive ever owned so for me not to pissed off and had a psvr which for most of time sat collecting dust since sony seemed to just give up on it and release a handful of games on it

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
media markt preorders are available in poland

Only 723.68 USD for horizon bundle and I don't even like horizon :p
So cry me a river about your 550usd lol. not only we pay almost 50% more for it, You also have to realize that salary here is like 1000$ on average :p

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I just cannot justify this, no killer app to make this a day one for me.

I can wait. I am sure it will be beautiful but have to resist Jimbos charm.

wUcdwM8.png
As others have said no killer app, we need an Astro Bot sequel, Firewall, New job Simulator there's just no games and what if Horizon's shit

drezz

Only Horizon bundle available here in Norway, 7200NOK (723.28USD) and probablly 6500/6600 if there were a option for a non bundle.

Secured a preorder with my local shop.
Scary high price, Really hoping we see some hybrid games with this... Cod in VR anyone?(Would get demolished by normal users i think... SBMM better dump my score way down to have a chance lmao)

Edit: Standalone and the controller dock is in now, just the bundle that was avaiable for the first hour.

Last edited:
Got a preorder link but there’s nothing coming in day one that I want. Firewall doesn’t have a release date and Horizon looks OK although I’m not interested in that universe. Everything outside of maybe a couple of games looks like Quest style ports…

Kupfer

media markt preorders are available in poland

Only 723.68 USD for horizon bundle and I don't even like horizon :p
So cry me a river about your 550usd lol. not only we pay almost 50% more for it, You also have to realize that salary here is like 1000$ on average :p
For me it was 599€ for the PSVR2 only, no Horizon Bundlle (imagine paying 50€ for an included key lol), 19% value added tax included.
Without the taxes, which I believe are added on top of the American prices, the PSVR2 is around 485€ here, which is roughly 500 USD.
723 USD is wild, even for the bundle and I thought the PSVR2 was only available to order from playstation direct for now.

Last edited:

trikster40

So sad I haven’t got my email invite yet. Got selected for the PS5 preorder back at launch, was hoping to get one for PSVR2. Still checking my email every hour but hope is dwindling.

engstra

Just checked now and still available for me. I was tempted by it sitting in the basket but I will wait a couple years down the line probably. Can't justify spending that money at this moment

Romulus

Sony, make the deal with Valve. Port Half life Aylx and I for one will instantly buy.

I'm even wondering if that will happen now. Valve is working on a standalone VR headset. I think it absolutely will run it with the newer chipsets coming. Even steamdeck can run it, admittedly a low framerate, but that's not optimized and its already an older chipset.

Last edited:

XXL

A fool and his money are quickly parted. I have a quest 2 that is total wireless and bought for $299. This is almost double the price and tethered to a ps5. I can afford it but do not feel it warrants the price
The Quest 2 has a 2HR battery life.....

Exoil

Preorderered here in Sweden.

Now it's the waiting game! Here's hoping for an imminent GT7 VR announcement.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I clicked on the “access event” button in the email, added the preorder to my cart, and checked out.

No waiting involved.
(Three minutes ago)

Last edited:
The interesting thing is that my invite said it starts 11am EST and it let me in t 10AM. It dropped me into a Q saying it started in an hour but then actually let me in to order after about 15 minutes.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Anyone know if you need to pay the total cost up front (if you get selected for the pre-order)?

I signed up and want one day one but if I gotta drop $550 at once, I'll just hold off, not sure if I can comfortably save that much. It's definitely possible though when I factor in my Christmas bonus, etc.

As for the cost itself, I think it's fair. This is a niche market and expensive technology as far as I know. Headset, two controllers, and the headphones seems fair for the price.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The Quest 2 has a 2HR battery life.....
Do you guys play VR for over 2 hours straight without taking a break? I don't think I've run into that limitation even once, even when playing Alyx every day... I just put it on the charger whenever I'm done or taking a break.

Anyhow, there are plenty of cheap headstraps for the quest that have built-in batteries for doubling your play time, if you need that sort of thing.

I'm even wondering if that will happen now. Valve is working on a standalone VR headset. I think it absolutely will run it with the newer chipsets coming. Even steamdeck can run it, admittedly a low framerate, but that's not optimized and its already an older chipset.
It certainly seems odd that we haven't heard anything about Alyx... surely Sony reached out, so there must be a reason it isn't happening.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Anyone know if you need to pay the total cost up front (if you get selected for the pre-order)?

I signed up and want one day one but if I gotta drop $550 at once, I'll just hold off, not sure if I can comfortably save that much. It's definitely possible though when I factor in my Christmas bonus, etc.

As for the cost itself, I think it's fair. This is a niche market and expensive technology as far as I know. Headset, two controllers, and the headphones seems fair for the price.
The order through PS website only charges you when it ships.

I looked at my card and they charged the full amount and then credited back the eitire amount . So it looks like they won't actually take the money out until it ships.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The order through PS website only charges you when it ships.

I looked at my card and they charged the full amount and then credited back the eitire amount . So it looks like they won't actually take the money out until it ships.

Yea, I didn't even realize that the pre-order opens TODAY, lol. I got the invite link and then saw how cost is charged.

No pre-order for me, don't have that amount available right now. I'll have to get one when it actually launches.

Top Bottom