• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

SilentUser

Someone make a PSVR2 OT so I can put all updates there or better a VR OT so I don't have to divide/duplicate for multiplats between this and PC and Quest (like I've been using its thread for general VR) othewise I'd flood the forum with a thread for each thing like others >_>

If I'm not mistaken, R6Rider R6Rider is going to make one PSVR2 OT. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Did they tell you it's shipping via email?
Yeah, got an email with a link to the tracking. Estimated date the 22nd. I recently bought an edge controller from them and it arrived day and date, no issues. But I get that shipping varies. Even down to the driver sometimes lol.

I kinda want one of these for RE Villiage vr alone. But the $1200ish in hardware and game I'd need is a bit more than I want to spend atm. I will likely just wait for a ps5 redesign and price drop.

I had a psvr at launch in 2016 and RE 7 in early 2017 made it worth it on a ps4 pro. So fun.

A Saints and Sinners sequel would also be something I'd want to play.
549 + 399 does not equal 1200. So it’s cheaper than you might think 👍

549 + 399 does not equal 1200. So it’s cheaper than you might think 👍
I'd never buy the Digital version , so $549 + $500 + $40-60 Game + %5.5 tax = almost $1200 . Plus most of the disc versions you see are the $549 horizon or Gow bundle also.

I get your point for bare minimum cost, but for my preference $1200 is the price to hop on board. I'll just wait it out a while, I'm in no hurry.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'd never buy the Digital version , so $549 + $500 + $40-60 Game + %5.5 tax = almost $1200 . Plus most of the disc versions you see are the $549 horizon or Gow bundle also.

I get your point for bare minimum cost, but for my preference $1200 is the price to hop on board. I'll just wait it out a while, I'm in no hurry.

So you don't have a PS5 yet?

Evolved1

Probably the most interesting thing from all these reviews today was digital foundry discussing the gaze tracking used in Rez for targeting and saying it was fun/very viable. Just more confirmation that's literally a game changer.

Crayon

The headset is $500 when you round it to the nearest hundred. My brother-in-law gave me a PS5. He paid like $900 from a scalper. I already have resident evil on gt7 and those are free upgrades. So I'm basically making 400 bucks on this thing.

Soosa

Banned
A few people have been using other currencies with a dollar sign to inflate the price.
at Finland ps5 costs 599,99€ and psvr without horizon is 639€ = 1239€ = 1317$

So that can be the case. But tech at eu/finland always costs 20-30% more than at US, so it is nothing new.

IMO it is not much for high-tech hobby. Sadly we have some harbor strikes going on, so maybe it slows down psvr2 shipments here, so far not even arrived to the store that sends them:messenger_neutral:

Evolved1

The headset is $500 when you round it to the nearest hundred. My brother-in-law gave me a PS5. He paid like $900 from a scalper. I already have resident evil on gt7 and those are free upgrades. So I'm basically making 400 bucks on this thing.
I've somehow gotten this far in life without making any children or getting married -- this affords me the ability to spend my money however I wish. No regrets. And frankly you cannot even put a price on the peace and quiet.

Crayon

WTF. I was looking for emails. I didn't get any.

So I checked my statement and I've been charged yesterday!!! Logged into the ps direct site and it says it's going to arrive 22-28th!!

BestFewGeese-size_restricted.gif

Surfheart

Sony still hiding PSVR2 on the store on the PS5? You have to scroll all the way to the bottom far right to find the PSVR2 mentioned. When you go in there alot the games that have been advertised to be at launch are not even listed?

I'm also wondering about upgrades to titles such as Tetris and Rez, I own both of those digitally for PS4 but I don't have them downloaded on my PS5 so I'm just wondering how I would go about purchasing the PSVR2 upgrades for them?

I accidentally ordered twice. Once back in November (which I forgot about) and another one the other day.

The first one is due for delivery, but my second one I opted for pick-up because I don't want to take any chances with delivery company on launch day. I cancelled the delivery one.

Evolved1

You guys see the giant bomb vid where they were playing horizon and the one guy said it has auto aim assisted by the gaze tracking... so basically you fire arrows and kind of steer them a bit by looking at your target? Thought that was pretty cool, and didn't hear that detail in any other coverage.

ABnormal

You guys see the giant bomb vid where they were playing horizon and the one guy said it has auto aim assisted by the gaze tracking... so basically you fire arrows and kind of steer them a bit by looking at your target? Thought that was pretty cool, and didn't hear that detail in any other coverage.
Yes, some reviewers talked about it. It can be turned off, if preferred. It doesn't correct the aim much, but since aiming in VR is naturally more or less precise, it does add that tiny bit of correction sufficient to make you feel Legolas.

Evolved1

Yes, some reviewers talked about it. It can be turned off, if preferred. It doesn't correct the aim much, but since aiming in VR is naturally more or less precise, it does add that tiny bit of correction sufficient to make you feel Legolas.
Ah. Okay cool.

Hoping that in whatever Ace Combat game we eventually get, they will finally ditch the imprecise target cycling and they'll use gaze track to allow target select.

Edit: whoa, so f'n cool ^^^^^

Top Bottom