• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

Hoppa

Anyone know if PS4 VR games are confirmed to get a PS5 version, will it just be an update? Thinking of getting Pistol Whip but only the PS4 one is available on the store. Worried that I buy it then next week they put a whole new Ps5 version up

Darko

4 day comeon comeon

4-B24-ED86-7-A68-494-F-98-B8-E433-E4921-AFD.gif

Darko

Glad to be from Canada and getting it from Amazon :)

I can justify the price because it’s like getting a new tv/personal projector :)

Last edited:

Freeman76

I just dont get this. I have the money set aside for this thing ready to buy it, but I havent seen one game that has made me want to pull the trigger on it. I own GT7 and that will be a cool experience but its not a must have for me. I guess Horizon is tempting if you are a fan of those games, which I am not. Already played Tetris and Rez to death on my original PSVR. Played RE7 twice on it as well.

The visual upgrade is undoubtedly huge, but that alone isnt a reason to buy it now for me, until they bring out something that wows me i'll keep the money there and maybe get a better price on it or at least a bundle.

It baffles me sony havent had one of their studios make a first party killer for this on release.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I know it's been said so many times but how do you not have an upgrade to astro bot ready and move heaven and earth to have half life alyx day one.

The worse part is it makes me feel like releases are so light that they are saving astro bot for like an announcement 6 months away for Xmas. Astro bot remastered........

That would suckkkkkk

Freeman76

Well that's the first and only person mentioning hand tracking issues

No, it isn't.

Just because you have bought it, and only want to see all the positives, you can't just handwave genuine hitches away like they don't exist. It's ridiulous to do that.

There are several videos showing this, if you look.

Yes, it could be the lighting in their rooms, other devices interfering with it, who knows, but I guess in your perfect little Sony bubble the device is flawless eh

SLB1904

Banned
No, it isn't.

Just because you have bought it, and only want to see all the positives, you can't just handwave genuine hitches away like they don't exist. It's ridiulous to do that.

Yes, it could be the lighting in their rooms, other devices interfering with it, who knows, but I guess in your perfect little Sony bubble the device is flawless eh
I don't give a shit bugger off

phaedrus

No, it isn't.

i70l2bo.jpg

SLB1904

Banned
If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't have replied to them in the first place. Don't be a bitch because you got corrected.
First of all. The original post ask why Sony isnt releasing games day one. I said that's horizon.
Than they said I want more and I said these things take time.
The the party pooper show telling that there is hand track issues because some random youtuber told him. I said that's the first person mentioned. And he went on rampage that I'm laying and all that.

I've seen loads of videos not more than I want spoil myself and no one mentioned hand tracking issues

Psvr without parole
Giant bomb
Gamervrtag or whatever his name his.

There is a few more. But anyway that's about it.

You guys spend too much time in threads that you don't seem to care too often.

Last edited:

Beechos

Now that it seems like horizon is a climbing simulator more than anything else, Sony please for the love of god make a vr shadow of the colossus how epic would it be climbing and battling those colossi in vr. Now that would be a system seller! Vr lair dragon battles wouldnt too shabby either.

Beechos

Anyone know if PS4 VR games are confirmed to get a PS5 version, will it just be an update? Thinking of getting Pistol Whip but only the PS4 one is available on the store. Worried that I buy it then next week they put a whole new Ps5 version up
Same here was trying to find some good deals on existing psvr games that might get the psvr2 treatment. Some are free but i belive most have an upgrade fee involved.

Last edited:
I just dont get this. I have the money set aside for this thing ready to buy it, but I havent seen one game that has made me want to pull the trigger on it. I own GT7 and that will be a cool experience but its not a must have for me. I guess Horizon is tempting if you are a fan of those games, which I am not. Already played Tetris and Rez to death on my original PSVR. Played RE7 twice on it as well.

The visual upgrade is undoubtedly huge, but that alone isnt a reason to buy it now for me, until they bring out something that wows me i'll keep the money there and maybe get a better price on it or at least a bundle.

It baffles me sony havent had one of their studios make a first party killer for this on release.
Think they were banking on horizon to be that game but it didn't cut the mustard.

phaedrus

Dan speculated that sun light might have been an issue with tracking, he changed rooms and didn’t seem to be having those issues anymore.
Yup.
The headset's cameras track the IR LEDs on the VR Sense controllers, so if there are other IR light sources eg strong directional sunlight or big mirrors in the room, might confuse the tracking.

This is common to all inside-out tracking VR systems, not just PSVR2. The Microsoft Windows MR documentation page actually mentions this:

Lighting conditions can affect tracking. Make sure that you aren't exposed to direct sunlight and have minimal point light sources visible to your HMD (for example, strings of lights like a christmas tree).

Last edited:

Markio128

Has anybody else started prepping their game library for launch day? I‘ve downloaded NMS, RE:Village, Moss and Thumper so far, with GT7 ready to go as well.

I’m waiting to buy new games on release day because otherwise I can’t use the 10% off code I received - as far as I know, you can’t enter a code for pre-orders.

No, it isn't.

Please do point us to the other videos you talk about without using the CES ones. It is known there were issues there because of 100’s of Bluetooth signals causing interference. It’s a genuine hitch if at least a significant amount of people have issues with it and I too, out of seeing maybe 30 reviews saw this issue only once, at the same exact video.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

If GT7 was the only game that worked with this thing, it still would have been a must buy day 1. RE: Village only sweetens the deal, with Switchback rounding it all out. One of the best PSVR games was Rush of Blood. It was like having your own indoor “dark ride”/shooting gallery. A dark and twisted version of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin mixed with Space Mountain? YES, PLEASE!

Top Bottom