• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

Kuranghi

Merged!

Split-Face-Thing_-_Profile.png

Last edited:
£50 more than a PS5 itself

Playstation VR will carry the load for virtual reality while meta, ocuslus are reaching out for board meetings and avatars.
maybe for a while until Apple releases their headset next year. Think what you want about Apple but you know that shit is gonna sell like crazy.

also Valve are working on a new headset.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Don't forget the enviable 3 game VR bundle with the new improved V2 device with all the headache inducing kinks worked out at a lower price than they are asking for now in 2 years time.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I’ve never had a VR but I’d like the PSVR2 to be my first VR headset, once there is compelling software that I’m interested in I’ll pick it up.

$549 seems slightly more expensive. It feels like they wanted to go for $499 but couldn’t do it, kinda like the PS5 increase.

This + that I'm not bothering to get a 40-series GPU at the stupid UK prices means the price is easier to swallow. I will wait to see how the launch stuff reviews and make sure HL: Alyx & Rez Infinite (more the former than the latter, I just love Rez so much) are coming out for it before diving in.

Surely, its DOA at that price?

Deffo picking up further down the line. If I can get it sub £300 pounds in the future when more games are out I am in like FLINN bbe!

Its higher than I was expecting but who knows, its a stupid priced time we live in. In the UK at least, people are trying to saving money due to energy prices but buying something you can do in the house that gives you hundreds of hours of entertainment for six (6) hundo is actually way cheaper than taking the family out/going out on the lash with friends four (4) times over a month.

Those trailers aren’t selling me on it if I’m honest. Firewall Ultra and Horizon are the only two titles I’m currently interested in and I don’t think I can justify £529 for those two games.

I think I may hold out until a few more proper games are announced before picking one of these up.

Midn1ght

Surely, its DOA at that price?

Deffo picking up further down the line. If I can get it sub £300 pounds in the future when more games are out I am in like FLINN bbe!
It's not only the price, it's the lack of killer apps as well in my opinion. I know Horizon is coming and Alyx might get ported but what about later? Are we really getting major devs and publishers investing huge stack of money to release big AAA games for VR? I'm not sure.
I wish them well tho, I'd love to see VR properly take off but 600 + 550 is not an easy sale for the larger mass.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
€50 extra for Horizon seems steep, doesn't really seem like a full game as such. I guess it's a bit cheaper than regular PS5 games, but still. I thought maybe that game would be the tech demonstration pack-in like Astro was for PS5.

They're not "backwards compatible" as such but devs can/will release patches/updated versions of games you own.

Like, there's absolutely no chance Beat Saber isn't on PSVR2.

I would say there's a greater than zero chance. Beat Saber is owned by Meta, who want you to buy a Quest, not PSVR.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
Those trailers aren’t selling me on it if I’m honest. Firewall Ultra and Horizon are the only two titles I’m currently interested in and I don’t think I can justify £529 for those two games.

I think I may hold out until a few more proper games are announced before picking one of these up.
Yes, probably best to wait for a price drop and a better library of games.

rob305

I didnt want to go back to using a wired version after owning the quest 2. At 549 theyre making my decision easy

for some reason i dont think this will be a successful product for Sony.

Microsoft might have been right by not jumping in on VR for Xbox. At least with Valve it makes sense because if you're spending £1000-4000 on a PC then a £920 accessory doesn't seem so crazy. especially with recent GPU prices!

Last edited:
I'm waiting for feed back on the sweat factor. I'm 6'4 230 and i cant use my Index for more then 40 mins without sweating like crazy unless i have a fan blowing on me full blast.
that's the first i've saw someone complain about sweat problems using a headset....

i think that's a problem with you.

Top Bottom