• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

digdug2

My order is still in processing in Germany. I'm assuming it will probably ship Monday for a Wednesday or Thursday delivery.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This thing about no games truly baffles me. Personally I feel like this is the best launch lineup / window for a hardware launch pretty much ever.

A case could be made for every time you build a new pc lol... but as far as console stuff.

Just reinforces how out of touch general games media is with my own thoughts / preferences. I feel like there's not even enough time to play all these damn games in any kind of meaningful way.

Markio128

This thing about no games truly baffles me. Personally I feel like this is the best launch lineup / window for a hardware launch pretty much ever.

A case could be made for every time you build a new pc lol... but as far as console stuff.

Just reinforces how out of touch general games media is with my own thoughts / preferences. I feel like there's not even enough time to play all these damn games in any kind of meaningful way.
I suppose it depends on how invested you’ve been in VR over the last few years. Personally, it’s been a couple of years since I had my PSVR, so I think there are only 3/4 games that I have played in the launch lineup. There are at least 10 games I’m really looking forward to playing that have been out for a while, such as Pistol Whip, Song in the Smoke and Moss 2.

Ironbunny

Gotta love these new game industry reviewers.

test guy GIF

midnightAI

Gotta love these new game industry reviewers.

That isnt even the worst of it, in the unboxing he couldnt work out how to extend the strap, and then had it on way too high on his head (the strap at the back) and then ddnt realise you could move the front portion of the headset back and forth which is handy if you wear glasses. It didnt help that no-one in their studio tried to help him

Crayon

I wish Zone of the Enders 2 was getting an upgrade… :(

I was thinking about playing more of that this weekend. That and polybius, which I haven't tried. I should browse the library for some more. Some stuff like astrobot is obviously going to get a re-release but there's a few that will be lost to time.

saintjules

Just got the notification that it shipped. Seems the charging dock station is coupled in the shipment.

Confirming it's UPS as the Carrier in the Northeast US. There's a $6 fee to hold the package at a facility if you aren't an active UPS My Choice member.

hyT5513.jpg

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I suppose it depends on how invested you’ve been in VR over the last few years. Personally, it’s been a couple of years since I had my PSVR, so I think there are only 3/4 games that I have played in the launch lineup. There are at least 10 games I’m really looking forward to playing that have been out for a while, such as Pistol Whip, Song in the Smoke and Moss 2.
Have you ever played Rez with eye tracked targeting? That's a rhetorical question, not aimed at you... just more to the point that new hardware enables new experiences even if you're familiar with a particular game. I don't think too many of the naysayers have acknowledged this point at all. Meanwhile these same people will review every new graphics card... lol.

Crayon

I was actually just looking at pullys now. I thought about it before. Seemed kinda unnecessary, but it sounds fun to try. And it's not really the big production I thought it was.

Couple of these:
819Rv3FMC3L._AC_SY879_.jpg

Few of these:
51pa2CqSqYL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

And then all I need to get is an extension. What should I look for? I know it needs to be a certain grade. Think it needs to be any 3.1/3.2 or does it need to be a nice one?

saintjules

On the PS Direct site, it says "Exception" under the 22nd date, but I see it's shipment progress versus on UPS site where it has nothing there.

The package is actually not far from me. A few towns over, so I doubt it would take two days for arrival. Maybe tomorrow?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
That isnt even the worst of it, in the unboxing he couldnt work out how to extend the strap, and then had it on way too high on his head (the strap at the back) and then ddnt realise you could move the front portion of the headset back and forth which is handy if you wear glasses. It didnt help that no-one in their studio tried to help him

I love Kinda Funny and Blessing but they've been on a war path to be ANTI-PSVR2. All they talk about is how great Meta Quest 2 is.

Hellmaker

Gaming "journalists". This is their job and they act like retarded kids not knowing what's in front of them.
It's like I have to start rescucitating someone and look around, acting like a moron and start sniffing oxygen...

Gamerguy84

Ok I'm sure a lot of people are in this boat.

Email from Sony says "it shipped" and provided a tracking number. Also says it can 48 hours to update "on our carriers website"

Hit that tracking number and it says estimated delivery Feb 22. Then the tracking number says it doesn't have any info.

So I'm going to think positive and hope it hasn't updated and that it is on its way.

Imtjnotu

Ok I'm sure a lot of people are in this boat.

Email from Sony says "it shipped" and provided a tracking number. Also says it can 48 hours to update "on our carriers website"

Hit that tracking number and it says estimated delivery Feb 22. Then the tracking number says it doesn't have any info.

So I'm going to think positive and hope it hasn't updated and that it is on its way.
mine shows it left the ontario ups shipping center.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Saw these earlier on press sites but couldn't bother dling/uploading since the official channels don't yet have the videos up (or visible at least) so glad someone else did for now. I'll update with official sources later if they're better quality. Dunno why it's taking so long for anyone to speak of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom