• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

Buggy Loop

Meanwhile the "forum pancake expert"

The Office Smile GIF

Oh so you went full warrior uh. The fuck does that even mean.

comparing pancake pictures ignoring the fact that you need to wear the headset to see the "generation" gap.

The only generational gap is PSVR to PSVR 2 going from those dildo controllers to controllers dating back to 2019 with the inside-out tracking from 2020 🤔

Absolutely, 2D screenshots side by side from a VR rendering will totally show you the (r)evolution inside the headset. We'll been fooled people, the cake was a lie: the Quest 2 is so ahead of its time with a beautiful LCD screen with non existent black, cheap lenses, narrow FOV, short battery, low performance, horrible strap... well let's stop there, too much emotional specs to list.

2023 tech could potentially beat 2020 tech. Well i'll be damned.

vampires-kiss.jpg

OLED? really? The PSVR debacle again? You haven't had an OLED display inches from your face clearly if you think its non existent blacks to begin with. They have to not make it completely back for pixel response time. Rift/Quest/Vive/Samsung had OLED. Its nothing new in VR, hell, they almost all started with OLED. You're acting like its only advantages, then you don't understand a damn thing about VR. Its always a tradeoff. LCD for the same resolution has better fill factor so less SDE. It also has less mura and black smear.

PSVR 2 has fresnel lenses like Quest 2, so, still as cheap. From the reviews, it still has god ray problems that are even magnified by HDR and still sports glare in high contrast scenes, which that's what OLED is best for right?

I've tested pretty much 90% headsets all the way to SDK1, as I have a friend who is a developer and basically tests them as they release.
Vive, Samsung, Pimax, Oculus, Valve, PSVR. Know what was the biggest generational leap since SDK1's 2013 tech?

wireless

You can try to warrior your way all you want around the fact that the standalone chip is weak or something, really doesn't bother me one bit for when i play stuffs like Beat Saber, Superhot or Pistol whip on it. The main value of that chipset is to allow airlink.

I played Half Life Alyx wired initially, and then wireless. It's a game changer. Every headsets worth a damn coming in 2023-24 is wireless.

But let's go back to the comment i initially commented on in case you were not following : Tell me how PSVR 2 will unchain the way developers were making VR games? Do tell. The argument is that Quest 2 is holding back software. We have PCVR on the side for years with no such thing as hardware holding back on software and actually, Quest 2 showcased that devs could translate almost anything to it. Hell, some developers even made interesting game concepts with hand tracking.

To be clear, i'm not telling anyone with a PSVR 2 in shipping to cancel and buy a Quest 2, i couldn't give a fuck. The more peoples to VR the better. But please, get off your high fucking horse with Sony the savior of VR with basically a copy of Quest 2 inside-out and controllers and a launch lineup basically filled to the brim with Quest game ports, JFC, the audacity.

Last edited:

Freeman76

The Office Smile GIF

The only generational gap is PSVR to PSVR 2 going from those dildo controllers to controllers dating back to 2019 with the inside-out tracking from 2020 🤔

vampires-kiss.jpg

OLED? really? The PSVR debacle again? You haven't had an OLED display inches from your face clearly if you think its non existent blacks to begin with. They have to not make it completely back for pixel response time. Rift/Quest/Vive/Samsung had OLED. Its nothing new in VR, hell, they almost all started with OLED. You're acting like its only advantages, then you don't understand a damn thing about VR. Its always a tradeoff. LCD for the same resolution has better fill factor so less SDE. It also has less mura and black smear.

PSVR 2 has fresnel lenses like Quest 2, so, still as cheap. From the reviews, it still has god ray problems that are even magnified by HDR and still sports glare in high contrast scenes, which that's what OLED is best for right?

I've tested pretty much 90% headsets all the way to SDK1, as I have a friend who is a developer and basically tests them as they release.
Vive, Samsung, Pimax, Oculus, Valve, PSVR. Know what was the biggest generational leap since SDK1's 2013 tech?

wireless

You can try to warrior your way all you want around the fact that the standalone chip is weak or something, really doesn't bother me one bit for when i play stuffs like Beat Saber, Superhot or Pistol whip on it. The main value of that chipset is to allow airlink.

I played Half Life Alyx wired initially, and then wireless. It's a game changer. Every headsets worth a damn coming in 2023-24 is wireless.

But let's go back to the comment i initially commented on in case you were not following : Tell me how PSVR 2 will unchain the way developers were making VR games? Do tell. The argument is that Quest 2 is holding back software. We have PCVR on the side for years with no such thing as hardware holding back on software and actually, Quest 2 showcased that devs could translate almost anything to it. Hell, some developers even made interesting game concepts with hand tracking.

To be clear, i'm not telling anyone with a PSVR 2 in shipping to cancel and buy a Quest 2, i couldn't give a fuck. The more peoples to VR the better. But please, get off your high fucking horse with Sony the savior of VR with basically a copy of Quest 2 inside-out and controllers and a launch lineup basically filled to the brim with Quest game ports, JFC, the audacity.

Its a sad state of affairs when anything remotely critical is mentioned and people just accuse you of some kind of fuckery because you dont align with their echo chamber of pure unconditional love for a piece of plastic.

Its an enthusiast forum where ideally we could share views, good and bad, about games, tech etc but when it comes to Sony for some reason people are wildly defensive of anything they do.

I think its reasonable to say the tech is great but there may be good reason for some people to wait and see how it is received and how devs jump on board. You are right that most of the launch line up is ports, thats not a criticism to say that its just a fact.

I am looking forward to reading peoples impressions and excitement when they get their devices, its a great time when you get new shit. Just a shame you cant talk about it on here unless you are 100% positive in everything you say. That's the internet for you though I guess...

Synless

The Office Smile GIF

vampires-kiss.jpg

wireless

I agree with most of what you’re saying, I get it. However I will say this, GT7 and RE8 alone are better games by themselves than the entire Quest 2 library. Many of those Quest ports were PC/PSVR1 ports before they were even on quest.

RafterXL

Its a sad state of affairs when anything remotely critical is mentioned and people just accuse you of some kind of fuckery because you dont align with their echo chamber of pure unconditional love for a piece of plastic.

Its an enthusiast forum where ideally we could share views, good and bad, about games, tech etc but when it comes to Sony for some reason people are wildly defensive of anything they do.

I think its reasonable to say the tech is great but there may be good reason for some people to wait and see how it is received and how devs jump on board. You are right that most of the launch line up is ports, thats not a criticism to say that its just a fact.

I am looking forward to reading peoples impressions and excitement when they get their devices, its a great time when you get new shit. Just a shame you cant talk about it on here unless you are 100% positive in everything you say. That's the internet for you though I guess...
Welcome to NeoGAF!

I've bought 4 PS5's (2 for myself) have 5 DualSenses, 2 Edges, and my PSVR2 will be here tomorrow but the Sony fanboys around here are just annoying as hell. It's kinda sad that these people have attached their self worth to the plastic boxes they buy and defend every slight against a billion dollar company like it's a personal affront.

For every SLB1904 there's a dozen more just as bad, or worse.

Buggy Loop

I agree with most of what you’re saying, I get it. However I will say this, GT7 and RE8 alone are better games by themselves than the entire Quest 2 library. Many of those Quest ports were PC/PSVR1 ports before they were even on quest.

Subjective, but yes I see a lot of potential fun with those games. I never understood why capcom didn't do RE7 or even plans for RE8 on PCVR anyway.

Have fun

mckmas8808

Banned
Welcome to NeoGAF!

I've bought 4 PS5's (2 for myself) have 5 DualSenses, 2 Edges, and my PSVR2 will be here tomorrow but the Sony fanboys around here are just annoying as hell. It's kinda sad that these people have attached their self worth to the plastic boxes they buy and defend every slight against a billion dollar company like it's a personal affront.

For every SLB1904 there's a dozen more just as bad, or worse.

Or is it possible that some others just want to ruin the fun for some that are getting something new? One question.....

When has it ever been a bad thing for a game to be multiplatform?

Or is it possible that some others just want to ruin the fun for some that are getting something new? One question.....

When has it ever been a bad thing for a game to be multiplatform?
Every time you want a game to fully utilize native hardware. If every game was multiplat it kills innovation. Standardized hardware with new features pushes those features forward much stronger than just some new device for PC for example.

TheMan

Hol up. Are American retailers expected to sell this tomorrow or is the only way to grab this via PlayStation directly for the foreseeable future?

FingerBang

Shit has been preparing to ship for 2 days now (UK). I ordered on December 15th with the charging station. I imagine it'll get here on Thursday

Cohetedor

UPS only has received my charger so far, no pickup on the headset. Hopefully they didn't screw up and leave it somewhere, I pre-ordered back in November.

Edit, ten seconds after I posted, got the message ups scanned it, almost like they heard me.

Last edited:
The Office Smile GIF

vampires-kiss.jpg

wireless

Life must be nice if you can just repeat minus points from 1 single review or person vs all the others that say the issues are not there. Maybe, just maybe, that 1 user just positioned or configured his/her/other setup wrongly or got a faulty unit. Luckily most of us can see the bigger picture. God rays are a non thing, it's been said in most reviews it's literally not there and Sony uses custom Fresnel lenses, they're not the same as the basic Quest 2 lenses. And sure, all headsets are wireless in your world (so far only Quest 2 is wireless). You're just here to concern troll and it's very, very obvious.

Last edited:
Just had my psvr2 and charge dock delivered, I saw that walking dead saints and sinners is psvr 2 compatible on another site, I have that through ps plus and am I right in thinking you need to get the tourist edition add on for it to work on psvr 2 ? there's no mention of it anywhere on the store...

Gamerguy84

Well just woke up and checked shipping history. Mine is 5 miles away from me at the facility yet probably won't be here for another 10 hours.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
SONY Europe is utter crap. They haven't even posted my unit yet and the release date is today. Cheers SONY
TBF to Sony they always said “delivery 22nd-28th” but I get your frustration. Hopefully your‘s is one of the ones that gets shipped today even though the direct website says ”still waiting”.

Darko

Just had my psvr2 and charge dock delivered, I saw that walking dead saints and sinners is psvr 2 compatible on another site, I have that through ps plus and am I right in thinking you need to get the tourist edition add on for it to work on psvr 2 ? there's no mention of it anywhere on the store...
The game isn’t out yet.

The Office Smile GIF

vampires-kiss.jpg

wireless

Did someone torture your puppy?

Utter shit for a corp as big as SONY for a system costing over £500

Okay so now sony has to bend the law of economics and physics so they can deliver all preordered devices to all costumers in one single day.

Last edited:

drezz

Got mine!(Norway)

Horizon code doesnt work...
Seeing some people posting on reddit that I have too try later, cause "launch" hasnt happend yet, soo codes doesnt work.

Game is 40+GB so I'd love too get that downloaded already.

Real quick, controllers came almost fully charged, but I topped them off while eating a sub.

The Quest 2 buttons and joystick is more like the PS5 Duelsense in PRESS and moving, while the new Sense™ Controllers buttons are hard and has no "travel" or "push" ... like a harder/stiffer Vita buttons and joystick is... Okay.
Will take time getting used too, and so far im not a fan of that... probably cause Im so used too Quest 2(PCVR).

My head calibration failed multiple times when marking(With the blue triangles and pulsing) and I think it was case of MIRROR in the room... I deliberately tracked inside the mirror(Vertical mirror) and it made it out too be a Portal looking entrance into another world... Was actually really really Cool, even doh accidently.

System just restarted the calibration many times while painting the blue colour, making me have too redo the painting from scratch(With no message or reasons too why).
Managed too get enough of the blu stuff around to procced and just mark the bounderies.

Tried After the fall(Cause I already had that ready and was the last game I played on PCVR so i'd be a good quick comparions) and I GUESS the mirror fucks up regardless, cause my head pooped off during the first fight with enemies and was relocated a whole headsize forward too the front and right, 3 times in quick succession(And stayed there for a couple of seconds).

Will move too the living room and try it there.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Just got a chance to set it up and try it out.
This is my first time time with VR. This is amazing! I tried Kayak. Couldn‘t make the Kayak move very far at first as I was trying to stop my sleeves getting wet lol.
I understand about the “blurriness” and screendoor. Once you’re in a game and get into it you just stop noticing. I had a whale of time and couldn’t stop laughing.

Tried Res Evil. Got a little shaky when moving around at first but that soon passed By the time I was out the tutorial. The first scene with Mia blew my mind. The sense of being there is amazing. We have a door in the room I’m using it in at exactly the same place as the door just over from the dinner table in that scene. When someone entered that door in the game I got real confused :) Started the game in earnest and was soon shrieking like a small child.

Loving psvr2 so far.

Herr Edgy

I really like that this Index-comparable headset is "only" 600$. Give and take a few features, they seem fairly balanced out. Love my Index to death and won't get PSVR2 unless it becomes PC compatible, but I welcome any entry into the VR market that helps make VR relevant.
Now I'm really looking forward to the eventual release of an Index 2 or the likes.

Hope ya guys are having fun!

aclar00

I’m not sure. I’m in the same boat and I was thinking that maybe they are shipping them based on region in the UK. I’ve been preparing to ship for a while now and a guy at work who doesn’t live too far hasn’t had his shipping email either. I think they preordered the day it went up.

Its possible shipping is based on proximity to a shipping warehouse. Got my initial email on the 18th that it was preparing, but didnt get update until Tuesday night. Looks like i was only 60 miles from the initial shipping location.

Did someone torture your puppy?

Okay so now sony has to bend the law of economics and physics so they can deliver all preordered devices to all costumers in one single day.
Did I torture a fanboy? I expect an item to send to me to play on the day of its release, more so when SONY isn't allowing the unit to be sold at retail or via 3rd parties. If it can be done with a console release then it should be done with a VR headset

So spare us on the laws of economics and physics, thanks...

I

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Life must be nice if you can just repeat minus points from 1 single review or person vs all the others that say the issues are not there. Maybe, just maybe, that 1 user just positioned or configured his/her/other setup wrongly or got a faulty unit. Luckily most of us can see the bigger picture. God rays are a non thing, it's been said in most reviews it's literally not there and Sony uses custom Fresnel lenses, they're not the same as the basic Quest 2 lenses. And sure, all headsets are wireless in your world (so far only Quest 2 is wireless). You're just here to concern troll and it's very, very obvious.

You can’t seem to follow the chain of replies it seems. Only reason I’m here is for the bullshit being spewed that PSVR 2 is coming to save VR.

I will trust Ben Lang’s word on god rays, founder of road to VR, over IGN who starts the conversation with “PSVR didn’t have screen door effect either!”

Wireless: Quest, Quest 2, Quest pro, HTC vive focus (many), PICO (many), upcoming Quest 3, Valve deckard, Vive XR, Arpara, many Pimax, TCL…

The VR industry has been built on hard criticism, we wouldn’t be where we are if we just had circle jerks echo chambers. I can find something to improve on any headsets, can you even name one for PSVR 2 or it’s the second coming of Christ?

Top Bottom