• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation VR2 Official Page is up With Detailed Info

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
psvr2-white-logo-01-en-05jan22

Escape into worlds that feel truly real as virtual reality gaming takes a huge generational leap forward.

The next generation of virtual reality gaming​

Experience new sensations with stunning 4K HDR visuals, ground-breaking new controllers and genre-defining games, all made possible by the power of PS5™.

Explore new realities with the PlayStation®VR2 headset​

Thrilling new worlds come to life with incredible visual clarity and in uniquely immersive and emotional ways with PlayStation VR2 Sense™ Technology.

psvr2-features-image-block-06-en-07jan22

4K HDR display​

Experience breath-taking virtual reality environments in clear focus with 4K High Dynamic Range visuals and up to 120fps, as two 2000 x 2040 OLED displays deliver over four times the resolution generated by the original PlayStation®VR headset.

Enhanced comfort​

Enjoy comfortable play sessions through a 110º field of view, a light, well-balanced Fresnel lens and a lens adjustment dial that lets you customize the focus to your own personal preference.

psvr2-eyetracking-image-block-01-en-11jan22

Eye tracking​

Interact in new and lifelike ways, as the PS VR2 headset detects the motion of your eyes, allowing for heightened emotional response and enhanced expression when meeting fellow players online.
Eye tracking cameras follow your line of sight when aiming or looking around, while advanced foveated rendering techniques improve the visual experience by adjusting resolutions to pinpoint and enhance whatever you’re focusing on.

Inside-out tracking​

Play with freedom as PlayStation VR2 tracks you and your controllers through four cameras embedded in the headset. Your movements and the direction you look are reflected in-game without the need for an external camera.

psvr2-features-image-block-05-en-10jan22

Headset feedback​

Feel subtle, responsive headset vibrations at key moments during gameplay. Created by a single built-in motor, these vibrations add an intelligent tactile element to the sensory immersion experienced as you play.

Detect your character’s elevated pulse during tense moments, the rush of objects passing close to your head, or the thrust of your vehicle as you speed forward.

psvr2-features-image-block-02-en-07jan22

Tempest 3D AudioTech​

Surround yourself with incredibly realistic soundscapes, as in-game audio dynamically adapts to your position and head movements.
Sense a character’s presence as they whisper in your ear, locate friends and enemies by their gunfire or footfall, and experience the creeping dread of a threat approaching from any direction.

Single-cable connection​

Jump straight into new virtual worlds with a simple one-cable connection to the PlayStation 5 console’s front USB port. PlayStation VR2 is quick and easy to set up – just plug in and play.

Introducing the PlayStation VR2 Sense controller​

Interact with virtual worlds in amazing new ways with haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, precision tracking and finger touch detection – all integrated into a unique ergonomic design.

03_withnoticetest

Orb design​

Take hold of the intuitive new PS VR2 Sense controller and experience freedom of movement and a realistic, natural gaming experience through a well-balanced and ergonomic design, leaving you to focus on comfortably exploring the game world you’re in.

Analog sticks and buttons​

Take additional control of your in-game actions and gear with traditional analog sticks and action buttons split across two controllers, along with an Options button and a Create button. As well as the adaptive triggers, both controllers also feature a ‘grip’ button to grab in-game objects.

Finger touch detection​

Interact with in-game items and environments naturally, even when you’re not actively pressing a button as finger touch detection allows the PS VR2 Sense controller to replicate natural motions and gestures, letting you reach out and touch the virtual world.

Haptic feedback​

Feel realistic, detailed responses to your in-game actions. From subtle, precise vibrations to intense pulses, a vast range of sensations in the game world can be delivered to your hands.
Sense how it feels to fire or strike with different weapons, craft tools, touch varied environmental textures and travel across undulating terrain.

Adaptive triggers​

Experience varying levels of force and tension as you interact with your in-game gear and environments. From pulling back an increasingly tight bowstring, to crushing objects with your hands or feeling a weapon jam in the heat of combat, adaptive triggers physically connect you to your on-screen actions for a deep sense of immersion.

PlayStation VR2 Sense Technology​

Enjoy heightened sensory and emotional experiences as PS VR2 Sense Technology combines eye tracking, headset feedback, 3D Audio and the new, intuitive PlayStation VR2 Sense controller to create an incredibly deep feeling of immersion.

Headset feedback​

Adaptive triggers​

Haptic feedback​

Finger touch detection​

Eye tracking​

Tempest 3D AudioTech​

Horizon Call of the Mountain™​

Introducing Horizon Call of the Mountain™, a unique experience set in the world of Horizon, exclusive to PS VR2 from Guerrilla and Firesprite Games.

PlayStation VR2 news and updates​

Get the latest PS VR2 news, including game announcements, release dates and when you can pre-order your headset.
Sign-in to PlayStation.com using your account for PlayStation Network.

Sign In

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its still a wait and see for me. Theres been no killer app in VR for me. I wonder if sony will have test centres throughout countries so can people can try it out, probably not though because of covid.

Sosokrates

With these specs?

Season 2 Grimace GIF by NBC

Yeah Ive heard this before, but it does not make much sense, the components for it are not that expensive when buying in bulk from a company like sony.
I cant see it being any more expensive to produce then a switch OLED.

ZehDon

i cant be more expensive than ps5 itself.
I wouldn't say that. Sony's been pushing the "premium" angle this generation. PS5, controller, games; everything costs more because "PlayStation". I suspect PSVR2 is going to be very expensive.

Sosokrates

For most people that would be to expensive, heck The original PSVR didnt sell that well at $399.

PSVR2 is going to have to be a significant improvement if its to sell considerably more.

SLB1904

Banned
I wouldn't say that. Sony's been pushing the "premium" angle this generation. PS5, controller, games; everything costs more because "PlayStation". I suspect PSVR2 is going to be very expensive.
yeah but for better of for the worst psvr is an add on, you need a console to come with it. and im pretty sure they know what customers are willing to pay using psvr1 and meta quest as an example.
and sony does all the work themselves they dont outserce r&d like other companies and they manufacture their tech. which makes it considerable cheaper compared to other vr in the market.

im pretty good feeling it will cost the same as the first one. people thought ps5 and series x would be north $600. just saying

edit: lol enjoy

Last edited:

ZehDon

yeah but for better of for the worst psvr is an add on, you need a console to come with it. and im pretty sure they know what customers are willing to pay using psvr1 and meta quest as an example.
and sony does all the work themselves they dont outserce r&d like other companies and they manufacture their tech. which makes it considerable cheaper compared to other vr in the market.

im pretty good feeling it will cost the same as the first one. people thought ps5 and series x would be north $600. just saying
Hence my comment about "premium". Sony isn't interested in what gamers are willing to pay, they want to position PlayStation like Apple: products that people pay more for because of the brand. They've worked hard over the last year - even requiring several developers to put out clarifications, taking the PR hit - to get PlayStation owners accustomed to having to buy miniscule upgrades to games, and pay more money for PlayStation. In Australia, they jacked up the price of their games by 25%. This generation, Sony wants to be the more expensive option, because it bolsters the "premium" angle they're pushing, and makes them more money.

There is not a snow ball's chance in hell they launch a console exclusive, eye-tracked foveated rendered, 4K HDR OLED VR HMD with controllers in the box for USD$399.00. Would it be good for consumers? Sure, but it doesn't match what we're seeing Sony do this generation. Minimum price is the same as the PS5, but I suspect it launches for USD$599.00 with a remaster of Astro Bot Rescue Mission in the box.

And no one ever seriously honestly expected the PS5 to launch for USD$599.00. I shouldn't need to explain why.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
That'ld be a BALLSY move if I've ever seen one. But I'd LOVE to see a premium headset around that price.

$500 for the HMD
$80 for a couple of controllers
$200 for wireless/battery pack

SLB1904

Banned
Hence my comment about "premium". Sony isn't interested in what gamers are willing to pay, they want to position PlayStation like Apple: products that people pay more for because of the brand. They've worked hard over the last year - even requiring several developers to put out clarifications, taking the PR hit - to get PlayStation owners accustomed to having to buy miniscule upgrades to games, and pay more money for PlayStation. In Australia, they jacked up the price of their games by 25%. This generation, Sony wants to be the more expensive option, because it bolsters the "premium" angle they're pushing, and makes them more money.

There is not a snow ball's chance in hell they launch a console exclusive, eye-tracked foveated rendered, 4K HDR OLED VR HMD with controllers in the box for USD$399.00. Would it be good for consumers? Sure, but it doesn't match what we're seeing Sony do this generation. Minimum price is the same as the PS5, but I suspect it launches for USD$599.00 with a remaster of Astro Bot Rescue Mission in the box.

And no one ever seriously honestly expected the PS5 to launch for USD$599.00. I shouldn't need to explain why.
Your theory falls apart when you can buy a ps5 for £350.

Wonko_C

I'm in. Hopefully it doesn't take a whole year after U.S. launch to release over here like they did with PSVR.

(That was a blessing in disguise though, because we only got the second revision of the headset with a simplified setup)

Last edited:
i cant be more expensive than ps5 itself.
does it matter? It‘ll be the same price as the PS5.

literally wont matter. They wont have enough PS5s, they wont have enough PSVR2 headsets. The headsets will sell at 30% markup by resellers.

Sony’s biggest mistake is not making PS4 portable. Whoever uses the oldest parts will have inventory.

Portugeezer

Sounds like when people speculated the next gen consoles would be $600, turned out they were $500 (even $400 PS5 DE).

Yes the specs are good, but compared to $300 Oculus 2 - with no SOC/memory requirement as that will be the job of the PS5 - it won't be over $500. I expect $400.

ZehDon

Your theory falls apart when you can buy a ps5 for £350.
You’re hanging your hat on the digital edition, a console that Sony made basically none of, and that appears to exist solely for marketing purposes for Sony to combat the Series S’ lower price point in discussions exactly like this one?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Adjustable focus is very nice. Should mean you don't need to wear glasses right? I'm slightly nearsighted, but I can't be bothered to wear glasses with my Quest 2 (and I don't want to risk scratching the lenses).

Did the original PSVR have this?

Last edited:

Three

Not saying it would but if it does launch for $399-$450 would you be entering threads to say what fantastic value for money it is?

yurinka

Please, Half-Life: Alyx and RE4 VR.
Ok, but before that give me brand new Wipeout and Motorstorm games.

Plus remaster (if not BC) Wipeout Omega Collection, Tetris Effect and Astro Bot Rescue Mission.

Any chance this will be backwards compatible?
Some "rumors" from "leakers" say it's BC, other ones say no but that some games are getting remastered.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Not saying it would but if it does launch for $399-$450 would you be entering threads to say what fantastic value for money it is?
Random threads? No. PSVR2 threads? Sure, if it was something I thought after having used one.

Any chance this will be backwards compatible?
Initial rumours were that it was fully backwards compatible, but recent rumours suggest it might not be. Given that the PS5 can run the PSVR1 with an adapter, and it runs all PS4 games, I'd personally expect backwards compatibility until Sony announce otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom