• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Excited, games have been wearing thin on me, outside of classics. Only tried gear vr...should be a great experiment.

Let's hope i don't get sick. I actually got sick from my TV, but found it was due to head bob in FPS. I get sick riding in cars, but its because im not behind the wheel and can't predict movements. Pray for me.
If you feel off, just stop playing. Take a break. Probably the best sign things are going sour is if your face starts to feel hot / flush. That usually comes before nausea.

I would recommend mixing in some third person games, something like Moss, where it's a static camera and you're looking over a landscape / stage that feels like a diorama. First, it's a pretty cool experience. But moreover imo this is absolutely the most chill VR experience where almost everything is static, except your view which you control very naturally, and let's your brain adjust to VR. You can move around a bit, but it's all 1:1, there's no weird other shit.

I think games like that are probably the best training wheels. If you get queasy just take a break and come back to it later.

Crayon

Was just playing a little more re7. Not something I would usually go back to but since I'll never see it through this headset again...

It looks better than I remember. I remember the graphics being much rougher but the light, shadow, and materials keep it looking realistic even if the resolution and poly counts are very low.

This is really was a nice headset. Little screen-door effect, comfortable to wear a long time, easy to adjust. Its going to be great to take such an a massive leap into vr2 and re8.

dorkimoe

gonna miss out on some sales cuz i want to make sure i can play without getting motion sick before i start buying all these digital games

R6Rider

Gold Member
gonna miss out on some sales cuz i want to make sure i can play without getting motion sick before i start buying all these digital games
You probably will feel a little sick for some games (or the feeling building up anyway). Just gotta build your VR legs up and then it won't be a problem for the vast majority of titles.

Last edited:

Stratostar

Was just playing a little more re7. Not something I would usually go back to but since I'll never see it through this headset again...

It looks better than I remember. I remember the graphics being much rougher but the light, shadow, and materials keep it looking realistic even if the resolution and poly counts are very low.

This is really was a nice headset. Little screen-door effect, comfortable to wear a long time, easy to adjust. Its going to be great to take such an a massive leap into vr2 and re8.
Which console are you playing on? I played it recently too on PS4 Pro and it still looks really impressive. Pro or PS5 is a must for that game in VR, much sharper resolution.

Been really enjoying my PSVR1 this weekend, Polybius most recently, man that 120fps is smooooth.

Last edited:

Crayon

I just bought a set of pulleys and an extension cable to try. They will arrive the same day. Cool cheap upgrade. I've never tried that so hopefully it's worthwhile. I'm going to attach some kind of stick to the pulleys so I can hang them up easier.

Crayon

Which console are you playing on? I played it recently too on PS4 Pro and it still looks really impressive. Pro or PS5 is a must for that game in VR, much sharper resolution.

Been really enjoying my PSVR1 this weekend, Polybius most recently, man that 120fps is smooooth.

... oh. Right. I'm playing on ps5 now so it's the pro version. I was on a normal ps4 back when I played it. No wonder it looks better than I remember lol.

idk if you saw my ealier post but I had never got around to polybius so I played it for awhile today.

phaedrus

Yea it’s gonna slap!

DGBHBaG.gif

Rudius

Excited, games have been wearing thin on me, outside of classics. Only tried gear vr...should be a great experiment.

Let's hope i don't get sick. I actually got sick from my TV, but found it was due to head bob in FPS. I get sick riding in cars, but its because im not behind the wheel and can't predict movements. Pray for me.
Start with static games. Moss 1 and 2 bundle will be fantastic.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Any other reviews touched on the controllers dropping out.

It looked quite bad on ACGs review. Was a bit off-putting.

acidagfc

Now we also need a combined thread for all the shitty takes on how Sony failed to produce the cheapest and most tecnically advanced headset and it will undoubtedly drown the entire VR market.

digdug2

I have all that and Resi8 good to go, although Kayak is a few days out and just started the new Hogwarts game ffs, I barely get time to play a single game in the evenings, have a huge backlog and went an bought a PSVR2 ffs, gonna need a divorce to get playing everything
Time for a divorce ffs.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
On my order page it just says "preparing to ship" but I've had zero emails from Sony, UK here, be great if they could give you an actual date

SilentUser

Lets Fucking Go!!!

I aint sleeping on Light Bridgade. Bought and looks awesome

Also getting/got

COTM
GT7
Kayak
Tetris effect
NMS
Oh yeah, I bought Light Brigade, too. Hopefully it will sell well, sounds like a pretty cool game!

Also bought:
1. NMS (a long time ago)
2. Demeo (so damn excited do play it with friends)
3. Resi 8 (held off so I would experience it first time ever in VR)
4. Kayak (simply gorgeous and great to show VR to friends)
5. Walking Dead 1 (got it on plus for PSVR1, I think, I know ee are getting a free upgrade)

Evolved1

Be great if Sony would talk about their own back catalog vs allowing third parties and indies to do all the heavy lifting.

Yeah, I get that you want to sell Horizon but what's the harm in letting people know you have an Astrobot coming. Or that your PSVR1 bangers are getting updates.

This is my only real annoyance with Sony and PSVR2. I think they've made great hardware choices and generally ecstatic with the rollout. But the silence on the status of their own content is super douchey, imo.

Evolved1

Is NMS at launch? For some reason I thought we'd be waiting on that one a little bit.

Top Bottom