• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Surfheart

Just played Saints and Sinners part 1 back to back on Quest 2 and PSVR2 and yeah I'm not feeling much of an upgrade. The diffusion filter or what ever that linen like texture on the PSVR2 is was super distracting and alot of the game is a foggy gray and it really stands out. Quest 2 is sharper due to the better lenses and has less chromatic aberrations. Textures still look really low res in places and geometric detail is lacking. I thought they mentioned improved lighting but it still looks really flat.

Havent tried part 2 yet.

Resenge

Just played Saints and Sinners part 1 back to back on Quest 2 and PSVR2 and yeah I'm not feeling much of an upgrade. The diffusion filter or what ever that linen like texture on the PSVR2 is was super distracting and alot of the game is a foggy gray and it really stands out. Quest 2 is sharper due to the better lenses and has less chromatic aberrations. Textures still look really low res in places and geometric detail is lacking. I thought they mentioned improved lighting but it still looks really flat.

Havent tried part 2 yet.

What is your opinion on this video? I haven't played it yet, but its looks like a huge improvment from what I see.

[edit]

Oops, sorry I can't read. Wrong game, my bad.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
So, if I stretch my real arms and the controllers all the way out (irl) the arms in the game are still really bent at the elbows. It's like the arms of some creature. I'm also way too short. It's a bug or something.
Re-centering the screen doesn't do anything for it? I guess if it's a bug then that's that, but strange most people don't encounter it. I'd think though that if you re-set your position while leaning back a little then your neutral position would be slight forward so maybe that would lower the effect? Could it have something to do with standing vs sitting, don't know if you tried it the other way and if it's still an issue then or not.

PanzerCute

Havent tried part 2 yet.
I am with you with the foggy grey aspect, but I read on reddit that it's a problem only in the first zone. Hope they are right!

Apart from that, I think the game looks good for its age, and the IQ and framerate are very good.

Surfheart

What is your opinion on this video? I haven't played it yet, but its looks like a huge improvment from what I see.

[edit]

Oops, sorry I can't read. Wrong game, my bad.

It's definitely nicer looking on PSVR2 especially with the OLED blacks and I believe part 2 looks better again, I dunno, expectations set by YouTube influencers about how it was the clearest, sharpest PSVR2 game yet just set expectations that reality didn't meet. I expected more considering the power gap between a Quest 2 and the PS5.

I am with you with the foggy grey aspect, but I read on reddit that it's a problem only in the first zone. Hope they are right!

Apart from that, I think the game looks good for its age, and the IQ and framerate are very good.

I hope so too! I only played the intro and the first mission.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
It's definitely nicer looking on PSVR2 especially with the OLED blacks and I believe part 2 looks better again, I dunno, expectations set by YouTube influencers about how it was the clearest, sharpest PSVR2 game yet just set expectations that reality didn't meet. I expected more considering the power gap between a Quest 2 and the PS5.

I hope so too! I only played the intro and the first mission.

Well I think the point is it is running native res and without reprojection (90 fps), so it should look much clearer than Horizon or RE8 or GT7. And it's more VR-centric than any of them, so it should really show off the clearest image the headset is capable of in a very smooth and sharp way.

The grays are imo the headsets biggest weakness, but there is definitely a mura lottery panel going on - I've seen people say the mura was terrible, exchange their headset then say it was barely noticeable. So there's always that possibility. Still I guess I'd wait until you got to daytime and outside this initial foggy area to judge it.

I find whatever resolution RE8 runs at good enough for me, so when I get to this and it's running the same native res as some of the indie games I've played, but looking much more immersive/better, it should be interesting to see how I weigh it against RE8 at lower res/framerate.

Dev1lXYZ

S&S1 is pretty fun for what it is. The areas are all a bit on the small side, invisible walls in places are annoying. It's melee is the best I have seen in VR. Stabbing zombies in the face and driving it in so far it takes quite the yank to dislodge the knife. I like that. Would love to have had the axe longer....

I never finished Switchback. What a travesty that game is right now. Supermassive is better than this, and the game needed a few more months in the oven. Just give us Rush of Blood remastered for PSVR2.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
I really hope Alyx makes it to PSVR2 so I can rank it among the other great VR games I've played. Well even if it doesn't I'll play it eventually on PC, but having played GT7, RE8 and RE4 before Alyx (along with others), I'm curious if it will still rank first or not. And I don't particularly care for HL in general. I mean I played them and they were fun, but I have never lost any sleep over Alyx or HL3.

PanzerCute

I really hope Alyx makes it to PSVR2 so I can rank it among the other great VR games I've played.
I'm sure Sony is negociating like crazy with Valve to have it ported asap.

As I'm absolutely certain that they are talking extensively with Ubisoft to have the VR Assassin's Creed on PSVR2, as Meta exclusivity deal is dead now.

Now, let's just cross fingers that it actually happen in the future.

Last edited:

scydrex

I'm sure Sony is negociating like crazy with Valve to have it ported asap.

As I'm absolutely certain that they are talking extensively with Ubisoft to have the VR Assassin's Creed on PSVR2, as Meta exclusivity deal is dead now.

Now, let's just cross fingers that it actually happen in the future.
Right now i wish for Alyx and the update for Astrobot. Please Sony make it happen. 🙏🏻

The gap between quest 2 stand-alone and ps5 is enormous dude. Is this trolling?

Minsc

Gold Member

I get the mura is annoying (but it is isolated to the one range at least), but from all accounts the compression issues on the blacks in the Quest 2 are way worse than the PSVR2 mura. But yeah, I feel like something else is not right with the impressions - I think they really have to play a few more hours and make it outside the starting hub to the city, that or just revisit S&S2 on both systems for a better feel of the hardware gap. It is basically comparing to mobile hardware from the PS4 era to the PS5. I would have thought since both games use the same engine/areas the enhancements would apply to both, but maybe as S&S2 didn't run as well, it's mainly that one which showcases the improvements.

Rob_27

Surprisingly S&S1 I couldn't really play with vignetting and that seems to be causing me to burp a lot and feel sick. Checked remove all vignetting and I'm fine.

Rob_27

I can't even get through the first bit. Returned the ring and she fucked off during the dodgy time zone. Couldn't find the cow. Got killed.

Bartski

Gold Member
Finally back at it and I'm playing saints and sinners chapter 2, so cool! Finally feels like a proper game.

I haven't played chapter one, this just picks up the story right after... I have no clue what is going on but I'm having a blast just fucking around.

Should I stop and start S&S1? Does it look much worse?

Markio128

I managed to complete the first mission on S&S 1. It’s a lot more difficult than I was expecting if I’m being honest. I think I need to be a bit more stealthy, but I can’t help engaging with the undead because it’s fun. The problem is, when multiple undead gang up on me it all goes to shit.

Surfheart

I know it's huge! RE8, GT7 and Cotm all look generations beyond anything I've played on my Quest, I'm so stoked to finally be playing games with that fidelity in VR.

Specifically it's S&S part 1, maybe it's the art style and the expectations being set by influencers but I expected it to look better on the PSVR2.

Played a few hours of Saints & Sinners 1 on the VR2 and I'm really digging it. I played it for maybe 30 minutes on the original PSVR but the Move controllers were leading to some wonkiness (especially w/ applying bandages) - haven't had any problems in it w/ the Sense controllers so far.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Played S&S for the first time.

Had the worst bug I've EVER experienced in a game. On the intro scene in the boat my head movement was INVERTED. That's right, looking left in real life made me look right in game and vice versa. Only lasted a few seconds, but that fucked me up bad lmao.

Other than that's it's going great. Can't decide if I should go toggle or hold for gripping. Right now have it on hybrid.

Last edited:
I know it's huge! RE8, GT7 and Cotm all look generations beyond anything I've played on my Quest, I'm so stoked to finally be playing games with that fidelity in VR.

Specifically it's S&S part 1, maybe it's the art style and the expectations being set by influencers but I expected it to look better on the PSVR2.

I dunno. I guess it depends on what you prioritize.

Obviously RE8, CotM, and GT7 look great - but they all try and achieve near current gen fidelity in VR and it ends up sacrificing playability and sharpness.

I think S&S prioritizes the right things. Sure, it doesn't have the fildelity, but the playability is so much better than the other games because I can play in it for hours and feel comfortable. CoTM and RE8 require more frequent breaks and it's always kind of "uncomfortable" due to the blurry nature of the movement and image.

I think I prefer what S&S is doing - Native 4K with 90 fps. Obviously sacrifices must be made but if I'm being honest it still looks like a damn good PS4 era title that may not be upper echelon from that generation.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I dunno. I guess it depends on what you prioritize.

Obviously RE8, CotM, and GT7 look great - but they all try and achieve near current gen fidelity in VR and it ends up sacrificing playability and sharpness.

I think S&S prioritizes the right things. Sure, it doesn't have the fildelity, but the playability is so much better than the other games because I can play in it for hours and feel comfortable. CoTM and RE8 require more frequent breaks and it's always kind of "uncomfortable" due to the blurry nature of the movement and image.

I think I prefer what S&S is doing - Native 4K with 90 fps. Obviously sacrifices must be made but if I'm being honest it still looks like a damn good PS4 era title that may not be upper echelon from that generation.
Is it native 4K? That might explain not making use of dynamic foveated rendering, although I wonder if they could have pushed 120fps by using it.

Crayon

Is there anything about behemoth other than that trailer? Like anyone talking about the concept or what you can do or whatever?

Freeman76

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I want to play the walking dead game but never owned it on PSVR, which edition do I need to buy to have all content?

SilentUser

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I want to play the walking dead game but never owned it on PSVR, which edition do I need to buy to have all content?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are planning on buying both titles, there is a bundle with both games and all DLCs which, I think, they are all there, but they are just small perks.

You can search in the PS Store as "Chapter 1 & 2 Deluxe", and it will be there.

Freeman76

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are planning on buying both titles, there is a bundle with both games and all DLCs which, I think, they are all there, but they are just small perks.

You can search in the PS Store as "Chapter 1 & 2 Deluxe", and it will be there.
Thank you

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Finished RE8 last night. Man, those final stages in
Heisenberg’s lair with the bio soldiers. The two jet lack guys…epic battle. Literally too the last one down with my last hand gun round and the screen pulsing red

I know RE4 won’t be the entire game but I hope it’s not a letdown after the glory of RE8. Seriously, for me RE8 justifies the cost of psvr2 by itself.

PanzerCute

The original announcement made it sound that way, but their most recent tweet about it labeled it as "VR Mode", which is exactly what they call it in RE8.
Damn I really hope. What you say + the fact that they released the remastered version on quest 2 and that they know ps5 and psvr2 well makes me a believer.

Minsc

Gold Member
Finished RE8 last night. Man, those final stages in
Heisenberg’s lair with the bio soldiers. The two jet lack guys…epic battle. Literally too the last one down with my last hand gun round and the screen pulsing red

I know RE4 won’t be the entire game but I hope it’s not a letdown after the glory of RE8. Seriously, for me RE8 justifies the cost of psvr2 by itself.
Until shown otherwise, I'm going to believe it will be the full game, as there's literally no history with their VR releases which points otherwise.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Oh, shit! Thanks for the Gold!

duck tales gold GIF by Digg

Top Bottom