• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Minsc

Gold Member
Yeah showing people gt7 doesn't get old. My uncle was an arcade racing fan in the 80s and 90s and watching him look around the cockpit was great. "I'm inside this fucking car. Holy shit. I can't believe it." He talked about it for 20 minutes after he finished a 3 laps on the 'ring.
The VR showroom is like 10x more impressive visually than the racing track models too. Life-like almost. And some of the backdrops you can pick, when you toggle day/sunset/night, they're really really nice to admire too, like the ones towards the end with the water fountain, can't remember the name at the moment. Really makes the game so much better, the PS VR2. GT7 is definitely one of the best.

Minsc

Gold Member
So with all the mura talk I ran through my rotation of games again (and Kayak):

Resident Evil Village: Absolutely no mura in the title screen in the snowy field. I looked around in all directions and other than the lower resolution it looks great. I loaded my save right before the end of the castle and walked around, there is mura lightly visible around in the castle if I look for it specifically, but I forgot about it very quickly. It is worse in select areas (but never unbearable), and generally while playing RE8 I don't have the frame of mind or spare time to notice it even if I wanted to. And in the outdoor sections or in the very dark sections or well lit rooms it's not visible.

Moss: Can notice it in the Unreal Engine title screen at first load, then once in the game, not noticeable for me at all.

Puzzling Places: No noticeable mura.

GT7: Did a Tokyo night race/raining race (2 laps on each), both had no noticeable mura. Day races definitely will not.

Synth Riders: Got my first perfect track!! Also no noticeable mura.

Horizon Call of the Mountain: No noticeable mura on the Safari.

Kayak: Costa Rica Junge, Night: Very bad mura, not enjoyable to play. Costa Rica Junge, Day, perfectly fine, no mura. I'm not the biggest fan of Kayak, but the mura in the jungle at night is the worse I've seen. This is what I imagine Saints & Sinners 1 to be at first before you get to the town, but hopefully it's not this bad. Still, the vast majority of Kayak tracks either have no mura at all or not anywhere as bad as that one level, but luckily it's not an issue in any other games for me.

Next up to play for me would be Saints & Sinners and probably the Star Wars Demo - I don't recall seeing mura in Star Wars, but it's been a while. Won't be done with what I have now for a while yet though.

PanzerCute

Resident Evil Village: Absolutely no mura in the title screen in the snowy field. I looked around in all directions and other than the lower resolution it looks great. I loaded my save right before the end of the castle and walked around, there is mura lightly visible around in the castle if I look for it specifically, but I forgot about it very quickly. It is worse in select areas (but never unbearable), and generally while playing RE8 I don't have the frame of mind or spare time to notice it even if I wanted to. And in the outdoor sections or in the very dark sections or well lit rooms it's not visible.

Moss: Can notice it in the Unreal Engine title screen at first load, then once in the game, not noticeable for me at all.

GT7: Did a Tokyo night race/raining race (2 laps on each), both had no noticeable mura. Day races definitely will not.

Kayak: Costa Rica Junge, Night: Very bad mura, not enjoyable to play. Costa Rica Junge, Day, perfectly fine, no mura. I'm not the biggest fan of Kayak, but the mura in the jungle at night is the worse I've seen. This is what I imagine Saints & Sinners 1 to be at first before you get to the town, but hopefully it's not this bad. Still, the vast majority of Kayak tracks either have no mura at all or not anywhere as bad as that one level, but luckily it's not an issue in any other games for me.

Next up to play for me would be Saints & Sinners and probably the Star Wars Demo - I don't recall seeing mura in Star Wars, but it's been a while. Won't be done with what I have now for a while yet though.
You can (almost) get rid of mura in night levels of Kayak VR by turning "night exposure" setting to the max in the options menu. Will make the scenery and the colors pop too! (But you loose the nice darkness obviously)

Last edited:

Markio128

Has anybody else played that campaign level in Pistol Whip where you have no bullets and can only whip enemies and dodge bullets? I had to sit down for 10 minutes by the end I was so out of breath! I won’t be replaying that level in a hurry 😂

And wtf with S&S1? I was expecting a fun zombie shooting game and instead the only weapon I currently have is a pan and not enough resources to make anything other than a shiv.

scydrex

Has anybody else played that campaign level in Pistol Whip where you have no bullets and can only whip enemies and dodge bullets? I had to sit down for 10 minutes by the end I was so out of breath! I won’t be replaying that level in a hurry 😂

And wtf with S&S1? I was expecting a fun zombie shooting game and instead the only weapon I currently have is a pan and not enough resources to make anything other than a shiv.
I think S&S1 or 2 is not to have fun zombie game. For that zombieland does a better job. I'm not having fun with S&S1 but loving it. The thrill and difficult in the beginning. Still suck at aiming 😅

SilentUser

Yeah yesterday. It's fine. I like the concept and look, sound. A bit expensive for me. Will finish the games i own now. Then will want to buy moss 1&2. I tried all the demos available. I don't own any of them. Also tried the song in the smoke is it? The survival one and is ok. Didn't know what to do.
I wanna buy Moss I & II, too, they sound really interesting.

Markio128

I think S&S1 or 2 is not to have fun zombie game. For that zombieland does a better job. I'm not having fun with S&S1 but loving it. The thrill and difficult in the beginning. Still suck at aiming 😅
Yeah, Zombieland is fun.
I know what you mean with aiming in S&S1. For the brief period where I had a pistol, there was no danger of me hitting any of the undead. I didn’t use a gun until I was leaving the blue mansion by the front door and was greeted by an undead street party. I used all of my bullets on the first two undead, then made a run for it. Seconds later I was zombie lunch. 😂

mako

Yeah, Zombieland is fun.
I know what you mean with aiming in S&S1. For the brief period where I had a pistol, there was no danger of me hitting any of the undead. I didn’t use a gun until I was leaving the blue mansion by the front door and was greeted by an undead street party. I used all of my bullets on the first two undead, then made a run for it. Seconds later I was zombie lunch. 😂

The bolt action rifle is easier to aim but the pistols can be hit and miss.

gothmog

Gold Member
Anyone know if RE4 remake has any plans for VR mode? Village was great and I would rather hold off for the VR treatment if it's coming.

Minsc

Gold Member
I imagine it’ll probably play differently to the standard game because I wouldn’t fancy experiencing a spinning roundhouse in VR 😂
Perhaps they'll do whatever the Quest RE4 VR port did, which I'm not sure, but people loved that port, I imagine it just briefly pulls the camera back, or just shows the action happening without spinning the camera.

mckmas8808

Banned
It took me all this time to realise that the V, the I and the 2 uprights in the Ls in Resident Evil Village also denote 8 in Roman numerals.

OMG! LOL! I'm not sure why people just don't call it Resident Evil 8 like I and others do. I mean......that's what that game is. Resident Evil Villiage is really the marketing name.

Yup. Remember there is nothing below 90 anyway. 60 is reprojected to 120, and even still creates issues for people, 90 is vastly better, and the accepted minimum for VR.

GT7 says that this isn't true and should NOT be the accepted minimum.

aclar00

Yep motion controls on GT7 are great. Have used them since 1 month post launch. Find it much better than stick and I'm faster with motion control than wheel too (helped me up to mid DR A). It's very suited to VR as well. It's actually the dualsense setting that is recommended in the in game manual/guide (vs stick).

Am i weird for using the D-Pad, lol? I actually havent even tried the stick yet, let alone motion controls.

scydrex

The bolt action rifle is easier to aim but the pistols can be hit and miss.
Having trouble with the 30mm revolver. The 9mm handgun is the same? Would practice shooting but with not enough ammo is not possible. Tried the bow and it seems I'm better at it. Will try to use the revolver with 2 hands.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The VR showroom is like 10x more impressive visually than the racing track models too. Life-like almost. And some of the backdrops you can pick, when you toggle day/sunset/night, they're really really nice to admire too, like the ones towards the end with the water fountain, can't remember the name at the moment. Really makes the game so much better, the PS VR2. GT7 is definitely one of the best.
VR Showroom literally feels like you can reach out and touch the cars. The level of detail is phenomenal.

mako

I feel I'd got used to the mura/sde filter by the time I got to saints & sinners. I know it'd be better without it (particularly in the dark areas) but I feel my brain has adjusted.

XXL

This site just instantly got better today. Eddie got perm'd.
basketball wives goodbye GIF by VH1

Special thanks to the moderation team!
My Man Hug GIF by Bounce

Mikey Jr.

Any saints and sinners tips?

Only put like 30 minutes in so far.

Only thing I'm having trouble with is stabbing zombies. I'll stab them, and I try to follow through, but it doesn't kill them. My shiv just gets stuck in their head as they continue to kill me.

ABnormal

Yeah, Zombieland is fun.
I nearly always grab their head with left hand to be sure to blow it with the gun:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Aiming is really accurate, so you have to correctly align the weapons, and zombies constantly wobble their heads so it can be tricky to hit them from a distance. With humans at least you can hit them in the torso.

ABnormal

Any saints and sinners tips?

Only put like 30 minutes in so far.

Only thing I'm having trouble with is stabbing zombies. I'll stab them, and I try to follow through, but it doesn't kill them. My shiv just gets stuck in their head as they continue to kill me.
You have to do a wide motion to push the knife (or whatever) deep into their heads. Or, if the hit is shallow, you have to push further to reach the brain. Just do a further motion towards the head, from where you are, as if you would push it deeper.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

I wanna buy Moss I & II, too, they sound really interesting.
They absolutely are. Before Astrobot came out, Moss was the thing that blew every one away with its isometrical perspective. They are really charming, well made games, and if you like old Zelda games, you should really enjoy your time with them.

On another topics, I just bought Runner and played around 40 minutes. At first everything feels a bit overwhelming, the controls are a bit complex and the game is quite challenging, but I start to get it and its really fun! Driving at full speed in a fantasy Tokyo and annihilating waves of robot cops chasing you is really awesome. Simple, but stylish and really efficient arcade fun.

ABnormal

I imagine it’ll probably play differently to the standard game because I wouldn’t fancy experiencing a spinning roundhouse in VR 😂
Yes, RE4 is more action themed than RE8, so they will have to find ways to implement those actions correctly. For example, for the roundhouse kick, they could keep the visual fixed, and make only the body rotate. Parry would be another challenge, and so on.
But I really hope they will do it (I mean the full game in VR). It would be phenomenal like RE8.

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

Also take the habit to first grab their head with the left hand: it makes everything easier. And if surrounded, you can grab heads and shove them aside, often bumping and stopping several zombies at the same time, giving you the time to flee or fight.
Yeah I've just been blasting zombies with my pistol.
Probably a good idea to stop doing that I think.

ABnormal

Yeah I've just been blasting zombies with my pistol.
Probably a good idea to stop doing that I think.
You can blow their heads with the pistol while you are grabbing their heads. I do it often, to be sure to not miss. But there is also a whole world of melee weapons, very satisfying to use (you can even grab a bottle, break it on a wall, and use it as a knife to stab zombies on the head). When you start having big blades you can start decapitating, too:messenger_grinning_squinting:

Also zombies hear the sound of gunfire, so they are attracted to you. Melee weapons are less noisy. You can even activate the option to make zombies hear you talk, in the options menu. I anways use it to attract them one at a time to stab them from some hiding:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Markio128

I nearly always grab their head with left hand to be sure to blow it with the gun:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Aiming is really accurate, so you have to correctly align the weapons, and zombies constantly wobble their heads so it can be tricky to hit them from a distance. With humans at least you can hit them in the torso.
I can’t grab the head - do you use the same button as grabbing an item?

Crayon

Whoa that was a prophetic typo because I ordered a seafood boil yesterday. I did not know what a seafood boil was. When it came in a bag weith no plate and no utensils except one of those crab busters and little scissors and a bib. I was like a dear in the headlights.

So I had bought dinner and not tried it for a few minutes as I looked around the resturant to see how the fuck deal with this trash bag of crustacions. Then I saw an old asian lady eating alone and she was basically eating out of the bag like a lion digs into a zebra. So I just went for it. I am not so sure what is the deal with the crawfish. I don't think I figured those out completely. I managed to eat the rest. I clearly need practice because my table looked like an episode of dexter when I was done. It looked like I slaughtered a lamb with a claw hammer.

The Mura/grain effect stands out significantly to me in GT7, especially in cloudy/grey weather conditions. It's obvious while looking around the cockpits, don't know how you're not noticing it.

Minsc

Gold Member
The Mura/grain effect stands out significantly to me in GT7, especially in cloudy/grey weather conditions. It's obvious while looking around the cockpits, don't know how you're not noticing it.
I'll have to check again then, but when I'm racing it's hard enough for me to take my eyes off the track to look in the mirror (impossible flat, and there's no detail), looking around the cockpit or out the side window never happens. And I did the whole races, one in night and one in rain, neither had mura visible looking through the windshield at the track.

I guess I also posted all those examples as kinda a defective headset litmus test (as well as confirmation it's a pretty minor issue for me/most), like if you're seeing mura in Synth Riders or the title screen to RE8 and everywhere else I didn't as well, you likely have a bad headset.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member

Cool list by Upload VR, goes to show how diverse the launch really was. Glad to see Demeo up there, wonder where TWD will land when they finish reviewing it. What do you guys think about the list?
All I can say is how ridiculous the notion was that the launch had no games. Not only does if have plenty, it has a large variety of genres to choose from.

I still haven't played the majority of the titles. Still having fun with the four or five I have.

Minsc

Gold Member
All I can say is how ridiculous the notion was that the launch had no games. Not only does if have plenty, it has a large variety of genres to choose from.

I still haven't played the majority of the titles. Still having fun with the four or five I have.
I think usually the caveat is you need to exclude any games already playable on another VR headset, subtract the number of PSVR1 games that you can no longer play on PSVR2, and also take off 5 more games for the high price and another 5 games for lacking games.

TIGERCOOL

I'll have to check again then, but when I'm racing it's hard enough for me to take my eyes off the track to look in the mirror (impossible flat, and there's no detail), looking around the cockpit or out the side window never happens. And I did the whole races, one in night and one in rain, neither had mura visible looking through the windshield at the track.

I guess I also posted all those examples as kinda a defective headset litmus test (as well as confirmation it's a pretty minor issue for me/most), like if you're seeing mura in Synth Riders or the title screen to RE8 and everywhere else I didn't as well, you likely have a bad headset.
It's definitely visible in GT7 in daytime races, less so night time. Daytime races the roads are more grey than black and you can see it on them. Car interiors also have some slight mura. It's going to be less noticeable when there are lots of cars around or there's less open terrain in the middle distance. I've tested 3 different headsets at this point and they all had visible mura in GT7, one (defective) being worse than the other 2.

I really do think some people just have very limited sensitivity to it. Some people don't notice banding or DSE on TVs either. Wish I was the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom