• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I have a rift s and the screen door effect on that doesn't really bother me. I can't imagine the psvr 2 being worse right?

Any one with both able to confirm?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
That gave me a chuckle 🙂

EM4ce52.png

I know the feeling here. LOL!

Minsc

Gold Member
So nobody's going to talk about that news VR2 sold less than 300k first month and the thread vanished?

Alrighty then.

Don't we have enough VR is doomed threads? Maybe the source isn't accurate? Maybe who gives a shit? Maybe we don't need arbitrary VR sales are too low threads every day? I'm sure there's some message constant random VR click bait articles turning in to threads then being deleted is.

Don't we have enough VR is doomed threads? Maybe the source isn't accurate? Maybe who gives a shit? Maybe we don't need arbitrary VR sales are too low threads every day? I'm sure there's some message constant random VR click bait articles turning in to threads then being deleted is.

This post doesn't make any sense since it's sales related to a major gaming product.

Let me know when you call out the Xbox is doomed threads, and the sales estimate threads also vanish.

You mean the unconfirmed estimates.

IDC and a person from the company was directly quoted. When did IDC shipments become unconfirmed estimated?

I guess NPD is unconfirmed estimates too.

Last edited:

Crayon

This post doesn't make any sense since it's sales related to a major gaming product.

Let me know when you call out the Xbox is doomed threads, and the sales estimate threads also vanish.

IDC and a person from the company was directly quoted. When did IDC shipments become unconfirmed estimated?

I guess NPD is unconfirmed estimates too.

Oh of course. Xbox xbox whaa whaa whaa. The thread could have stayed up or come down whatever. I can see waiting for a less sketchy source tho.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So nobody's going to talk about that news VR2 sold less than 300k first month and the thread vanished?

Alrighty then.

2 different threads for that were made and were deleted. I don't agree with that personally, we get bloomberg threads on GAF all the time.

Last edited:
Oh of course. Xbox xbox whaa whaa whaa. The thread could have stayed up or come down whatever. I can see waiting for a less sketchy source tho.

IDC is a sketchy source?

Also we are not the mods in this thread, if you have an issue with a thread getting deleted you should take it up with them.

I asked if anyone knew what happened, not demanded or protested the threads being removed. Like if there was a message or anything before.

Where is the quote of it being confirmed and not an estimate?

Are you looking at the numerous articles reporting the news? They all name a guy from IDC and quote his statement.

2 different threads for that were made and were deleted. I don't agree with that personally, we get bloomberg threads on GAF all the time.

Bloomberg isn't the source though. They named the Vice President and quoted him:

"Vice President of analytics at IDC Francisco Jeronimo, said: “I suspect a price cut on the PSVR2 will be needed to avoid a complete disaster of their new product“."

But if two different threads were made and removed then I guess that's the rule for now.

Last edited:
IDC is a sketchy source?

Are you looking at the numerous articles reporting the news? They all name a guy from IDC and quote his statement.

Bloomberg isn't the source though. They named the Vice President and quoted him:

"Vice President of analytics at IDC Francisco Jeronimo, said: “I suspect a price cut on the PSVR2 will be needed to avoid a complete disaster of their new product“."

But if two different threads were made and removed then I guess that's the rule for now.

Bloomberg has confirmed repeatedly to be an unreputable source

Sleepwalker

Also we are not the mods in this thread, if you have an issue with a thread getting deleted you should take it up with them.

I'm here to see what people are playing and their impressions not to be a sony shareholder. Regardless, I had already posting my opinion on one of the deleted threads and don't see a point in reposting.

Minsc

Gold Member

This is the last I'll post on the off-topic issue, I'm sure this discussion isn't appreciated either. But when they perm'd Eddie, it was for click-bait sensationalist articles. Just how great a thread can you really get from a low-effort headline like that. Why does it have to be a "COMPLETE DISASTER"? Doesn't that seem kinda crazy to jump to that discussion right in the OP? Why can't you just have a neutral presention of the "facts" without all the hyper-sensationalism? Is Sony going to be bankrupt if they don't save the PS VR2 right now? Will there never be another game released for it? Is it the end for the PS VR2 and any chance of the PS VR3? Does the abysmal sales of the PS VR2 for the first 73 days have any way to be fixed? Can a system that's sold so badly in it's first 2.32 months have any chance of success? How to save Sony's biggest failure, the PS VR2 - after 3 months of sales it has only sold a pathetic 500,000 units?

Maybe we can have each of those threads one day after the next after the next after the next.

Romulus

But they never confirmed anything. It's an estimate.

And estimates can be way off:

https://macdailynews.com/2018/11/26...-wrong-in-estimating-apples-q4-mac-shipments/

IDC issued a parallel report that credited Apple with sales of 4.762 million. But Apple’s actual sales for the quarter were officially reported as 5.3 million. That means third-party ‘estimates’ were off by as much as a double-digit percentage.”

Last edited:
Bloomberg has confirmed repeatedly to be an unreputable source

Bloomberg isn't the source, I didn't even get the quote I posted from them just a random site quoting IDC, one of many reporting the same news.

But they never confirmed anything. It's an estimate.

And estimates can be way off:

https://macdailynews.com/2018/11/26...-wrong-in-estimating-apples-q4-mac-shipments/

2018 and with data that's not about shipment numbers, but based on projections.

These are not based on projections.

Again, are we going to remove NPD threads? Other analytic companies?

Did a site search and even Superdata has been used here which is actually unreliable.

This is the last I'll post on the off-topic issue, I'm sure this discussion isn't appreciated either. But when they perm'd Eddie, it was for click-bait sensationalist articles. Just how great a thread can you really get from a low-effort headline like that. Why does it have to be a "COMPLETE DISASTER"? Doesn't that seem kinda crazy to jump to that discussion right in the OP? Why can't you just have a neutral presention of the "facts" without all the hyper-sensationalism? Is Sony going to be bankrupt if they don't save the PS VR2 right now? Will there never be another game released for it? Is it the end for the PS VR2 and any chance of the PS VR3? Does the abysmal sales of the PS VR2 for the first 73 days have any way to be fixed? Can a system that's sold so badly in it's first 2.32 months have any chance of success? How to save Sony's biggest failure, the PS VR2 - after 3 months of sales it has only sold a pathetic 500,000 units?

Maybe we can have each of those threads one day after the next after the next after the next.

Eddie has got nothing to do with this. This is also a thread for VR2 and this is news for VR2.

The original thread that was removed didn't even say complete disaster, you're making that up.

The original thread was:
Sony PSVR2 Headset Off to Slow Start as Metaverse Push Sputters

Even the comments in the thread were unusually civil.

The rest of your numbers I don't know where you're getting from. Every game media is reporting on it and aren't coming out saying it's not from the IDC. Which they would if it wasn't, including the ones that don't even mention Bloomberg.

Anyway if that can't be discussed now that's fine, but I was just curious why the threads were removed but if there's no answer then I guess that's that.

Moving on.

Last edited:

Romulus

Bloomberg isn't the source, I didn't even get the quote I posted from them just a random site quoting IDC, one of many reporting the same news.

2018 and with data that's not about shipment numbers, but based on projections.

These are not based on projections.

I think you need to reread the article. Apple wasn't showing off their real numbers to prove "projections" wrong. The link literally says "IDC wrong for Mac SHIPMENTS."

Did a site search and even Superdata has been used here which is actually unreliable.

Then why do you use them?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/quest-2-speaks-for-the-failures-of-vr.1654417/post-267743880

Last edited:
I think you need to reread the article. Apple wasn't showing off their real numbers to prove "projections" wrong. It link literally says "IDC wrong for Mac SHIPMENTS."

I didn't say Apple, IDC was basing their estimates from projections, not actual sales, in 2018.

This vr news was them looking at shipments and coming up with a number from collected data just like NPD.

Because those numbers matched what NPD got in q2-19. That's why ai didn't use them for the others.

It also proves my point that if SD can be on here, then IDC which is as credible as NPD should also.

But anyway the staff don't want the threads so that's how it is.

Last edited:
Yes, yes, yes! Demeo is fantastic, my favorite PSVR2 game so far and as I said before, it might ending up as my overall GOTY. I simply love everything about it :)
If that's the case, you should try some tabletop Skirmish games. I enjoyed Demeo, but found it a bit to simple and limited to really keep me interested for a second playthrough. If you have any tabletop gaming stores, try out something like 40k Boarding Patrols, Necromunda, Battletech, Star Wars: Legion or the like. Sounds like it would be your kind of thing if you enjoyed Demeo that much.

That's not to say I didn't greatly enjoy it, I was just very aware of it's deficiencies compared to other actual tabletop miniature games.

Warning though, it's an all consuming hobby, especially once you move on to Army Battle games.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
If that's the case, you should try some tabletop Skirmish games. I enjoyed Demeo, but found it a bit to simple and limited to really keep me interested for a second playthrough. If you have any tabletop gaming stores, try out something like 40k Boarding Patrols, Necromunda, Battletech, Star Wars: Legion or the like. Sounds like it would be your kind of thing if you enjoyed Demeo that much.

That's not to say I didn't greatly enjoy it, I was just very aware of it's deficiencies compared to other actual tabletop miniature games.

Warning though, it's an all consuming hobby, especially once you move on to Army Battle games.
Fallout : Wasteland Warfare is pretty damned great too.

SilentUser

At this point, I'm not worrying much about sales for a few reasons: 1. Sony, way before release, said it expected to be a slow burner (don't ask me for source, please lol it is just something I remember reading somewhere); 2. The numbers are estimation and it could be off; 3. It is expensive and it requeres a PS5 in a troubling economy; and 4. It was just released, plenty of time to sell more. Of course I would love to see it selling millions already, but it is fine for now. Just my two cents about it.

Minsc

Gold Member
I finally picked up the full version of Puzzling Places the other day, looking forward to being able to use the 400 piece and 800 / 1,000 piece modes, and all the different areas/puzzles too. There's some interesting looking DLC as well I've never seen get much discussion, but I guess the base game probably has a good 40+ hours of content so that'll keep me busy for like a year or something, I plan on completing each level in the various increments up to 200 then probably just doubling, 400 and 800/1000 on the ones that support it. The game really fills my calm Picross-type gaming needs, and I think it's all the small touches that really make me enjoy it, the various sounds and super-detailed models.

I can't believe how god Resident Evil Village is. This is the first RE game I've ever played and it's just so incredibly innersive. It's gonna be real tough going back to flat games after this, absolutely mind blowing!

It is! How far did you get? It is such a great experience, I feel like anyone who hasn't given it a good 4+ hours and noped out early really should do everything they can to get over their fears! It's completely worth it.

I think my favourite game so Far is Saints and Sinners Retribution. Exploring that world is far more interesting to me so far than RE8 was (BUT, I still absolutely loved RE8)

This morning I realized I had a ton of coins from that rewards program, so I sold them and got The Last Worker and upgraded the first Saints and Sinners to play once im done with these.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I can't believe how god Resident Evil Village is. This is the first RE game I've ever played and it's just so incredibly innersive. It's gonna be real tough going back to flat games after this, absolutely mind blowing!
Yeah, the game is simply outstanding! The flat to VR conversion is pretty good, which makes me excited for future hybrid games.

I finally picked up the full version of Puzzling Places the other day, looking forward to being able to use the 400 piece and 800 / 1,000 piece modes, and all the different areas/puzzles too. There's some interesting looking DLC as well I've never seen get much discussion, but I guess the base game probably has a good 40+ hours of content so that'll keep me busy for like a year or something, I plan on completing each level in the various increments up to 200 then probably just doubling, 400 and 800/1000 on the ones that support it. The game really fills my calm Picross-type gaming needs, and I think it's all the small touches that really make me enjoy it, the various sounds and super-detailed models.

It is! How far did you get? It is such a great experience, I feel like anyone who hasn't given it a good 4+ hours and noped out early really should do everything they can to get over their fears! It's completely worth it.
Puzzling Places is on my list, I adore playing the demo.

Crayon

How can someone say that PSVR2 has "bombed" in just a meager 2 months since its release?
Shouldn't we wait at least a year to get a realistic figure?
Dunno man, just sayin'.

They have to contend with an absolute number of addressable player base no matter what the circumstances so there is that.

But really we need to see what the holiday is like. Do they actually get the thing on shelves, are they sitting on big announcements, do they bother to announce any milestones, and how does the quest 3 do. It's definitely premature to judge.

I've played a couple of hours or so, right now I'm

inside the castle, I just killed the first of the daughters

At first the game was really scary and I felt uneasy the whole time but now I've gotten used to it and it's just very enjoyable, even if it gives me the chills from time to time!

aclar00

At first the game was really scary and I felt uneasy the whole time but now I've gotten used to it and it's just very enjoyable, even if it gives me the chills from time to time!

Up until the first daughter was like that for me too. Once Lady D started following me after taking out the first daughter it let up a lot, especially when she followed me to the save room. I kept going in and out of the room and confronting her...and essentially dying on purpose after using all my ammo.

Top Bottom