• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please listen to me? There needs to be an option for cross-play between consoles only (it needs to be just cross-play between playstation and xbox)

I want a game to make specific Playstation vs Xbox matches.

let them fight fighting GIF

VN1X

Banned
So I was playing COD MW2 ground war and it seems to me it's just an extra polished version of ground war from 2019, and I fucking liked it, I like how they greatly improved the vehicle physics. Looking forward to when they build ground war from the ground up for next gen consoles, maybe they'll add destruction.

Anyhow when a PC player is paying at 144 frames per second versus someone (like me) whose playing on Xbox one at about 50fps (I know COD is supposed to be 60fps on Xbox One but in reality it's around 50fps most of the time, even lower, especially in multiplayer) THE PC PLAYER HAS A HUGE ADVANTAGE when playing at a 120 or 144fps versus a console player whose only playing at around 50fps, the PC player has a huge advantage. This reddit thread explains why

In COD MW2 settings you can only either turn cross-play on or off, I SIMPLY WANT TO BOOT PC PLAYERS OUT THAT'S ALL!!! I just simply want to kick the PC players out so that it's only console players playing against other console players that way it's more fair. Please can we get a setting that just lets cross-play happen between playstation and xbox players, it's not fair for someone on a console at 50fps to play against a PC at 144fps!!!!

It's time to kick the PC players out!!!! It's not fair for console players to pay against PC players!!!!!

How old are you? Serious question.

This is such an old 'issue' that I'm surprised to discover a new thread about it in the year of our lord 2022.

Shut0wen

I think cross platform should be cobtroller vs controller or MK vs MK when its mixed up its just a mess, 1 good pc gamer can annihilate everyone, fortnite seems to be the only game that does this for some fucked up reason

Banned
PC players have an absurd amount of advantages over consoles. Anyone who disagrees with this is simply a
pathological liar. No matter which way you look at it PC will always have the advantage over console.

tell me an advantage a PC call of duty player has over a console player other than being able to play above 120fps

PC players have an absurd amount of advantages over consoles. Anyone who disagrees with this is simply a
pathological liar. No matter which way you look at it PC will always have the advantage over console.

Is that why the top players in COD are using controllers.

The aim assist (last time I checked) with controllers on Vanguard was so strong it was tracking players through walls

did you read this? Someone playing at 144fps should not be playing against someone whose only got 50fps, which is me, I play on Xbox One at around 50fps and I'm playing in cross-play against PC players who got 144fps. There needs to be an option where it's just console player vs console player, because most console players are only gaming at 60fps.

It's time to kick the PC players out!!!!!

I play 120 FPS on PS5.

People do realise a lot of pc gamers dont have 144hz or even run games at such fps?

There are so many other variables such as TV latency, ping to server etc. It's a ridiculous thing to whine about.

100% op. I don't play online shooters anymore because it's pointless playing controller vs m+kb. And those people who say "but bro you can buy a m+kb" can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick

Deerock71

It dawns on me that people that are beating me fairly consistently at the end of Fortnite matches are likely on a kb/m setup because they have an uncanny knack for jumping around like a jackrabbit and shooting me in the head.
Fight Kangaroo GIF

Last edited:

Js562

Shiit make it an option but don't leave it out. I played whole matches with nothing but pc players that were running keyboard and mouse. Our side was just playstation and Xbox players and we still won multiple matches. As long nobody is cheating we good

tygertrip

So I was playing COD MW2 ground war and it seems to me it's just an extra polished version of ground war from 2019, and I fucking liked it, I like how they greatly improved the vehicle physics. Looking forward to when they build ground war from the ground up for next gen consoles, maybe they'll add destruction.

Anyhow when a PC player is paying at 144 frames per second versus someone (like me) whose playing on Xbox one at about 50fps (I know COD is supposed to be 60fps on Xbox One but in reality it's around 50fps most of the time, even lower, especially in multiplayer) THE PC PLAYER HAS A HUGE ADVANTAGE when playing at a 120 or 144fps versus a console player whose only playing at around 50fps, the PC player has a huge advantage. This reddit thread explains why

In COD MW2 settings you can only either turn cross-play on or off, I SIMPLY WANT TO BOOT PC PLAYERS OUT THAT'S ALL!!! I just simply want to kick the PC players out so that it's only console players playing against other console players that way it's more fair. Please can we get a setting that just lets cross-play happen between playstation and xbox players, it's not fair for someone on a console at 50fps to play against a PC at 144fps!!!!

It's time to kick the PC players out!!!! It's not fair for console players to pay against PC players!!!!!

Console peasants, lol. 😉

tygertrip

I don't care about the framerate advantage, that happens even on PC.

I dislike the cheaters/hackers on PC and of course the mouse aiming is also a notable advantage.

Most of the time turning off crossplay disables it between other brand consoles and PC, not just PC, which is retarded. They should allow console only crossplay as an option.

Maybe developers feel like having 3 crossplay options (console brand only | mixed console brands | all consoles and PC) would be too limiting for matchmaking.
Some of the consoles allow mouse and keyboard. You are right, unfortunately, about the cheats.

Lol, they could always make it so you can only play with other xbox one players?

Reality is that every other console will have an advantage on framerate because the Xbox One S is awful. PS5 and Series X players are playing at 120fps too.

If this was a keyboard/mouse issue, we’ve reached the point where each has their advantages and disadvantages. If we’re talking about cheating, it’s not just PC players that cheat, console players have the ability to use them too.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member

Wait, so your take is 60 vs. 120 FPS and not Keyboard and mouse versus a controller?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
The difference of someone playing with different framerate is way smaller than the difference of playing against with a bad connection/big ping/using wifi. Wifi players shouldn't be allowed to play in competitive modes, or at least to match them only against other wifi players and cable players who have a bad connection/ping.
I'm sorry you live in the country where Internet connections are shit. Some of us have great wifi 6.

Sorry Home Alone GIF by filmeditor

MiguelItUp

I don't think it's right to block any platform TBH, but I do think being able to provide more customization and options for players is a great thing. Always. So allow players to choose who they want to play with. It only makes sense to me, especially for a title people have to pay for.

Puscifer

Gold Member

I can plug in a keyboard and mouse on the PS5 (have and will continue to do so) and play COD that way and still sometimes get my ass beat by controller players. Maybe you outta actually increase your skill level before whining about nonexistent PC players running your experience lol.

yurinka

I'm sorry you live in the country where Internet connections are shit. Some of us have great wifi 6.

Sorry Home Alone GIF by filmeditor
I have at home a properly configured wifi 6 router, symettrical 1Gbps fiber internet and no data cap in either that line and the 2 smartphone lines associated and the console wired to the router, which is located at only a few meters away from the console. On top of that when I play online or do cloud gaming I make sure every device connected to that LAN is totally switched off (not even in stand by).

I also must have a Sony server relatively close because I can play Sony's cloud gaming in great visual and input lag quality even in genres like fighting games or shmups, conditions that most players wouldn't be able to differentiate from local gaming.

But my case is a rare case. Most people have shitty connections, have shitty and poorly configured routers and play over shitty McDonalds-like wifi. Plus on top of that have data caps on their connections, play online while downloading Windows update and someone else is streaming Netflix on their LAN. And on top of that they are super far from the nearest cloud gaming server of that service, meaning that they'll have input lag no matter what they do or what connection they have. And well, this is considering that person is lucky to live in one of the handful dozen countries supported by the cloud gaming platforms. Most people around the world live in the other over a hundred countries.

Last edited:

SSfox

I agree. SF6 beta already been hacked and people can play it on PC, once they game is out in 6-12 months, most PC players you'll meet online day one will already have 10.000 hours of gameplay, that's a total FUCK UP situtation, Capcom really messed up once again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

HTK

Banned
To say that Mouse and Keyboard in Warzone or Call of Duty in general is advantageous, to me tells me that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

1,398h Play Time
4,082 Matches

These are my Warzone stats, just so you know how much time I've spent playing this game.

Warzone on PC using Mouse and Keyboard - 10% of the time.
Warzone on PC using Controller - 15% of the time.
Warzone on PS5 using Controller - 75% of the time.

I really wanted to play this game on Mouse and Keys because it's my preferred way to play. But man does it just punish you. Problem is when you are on M/K you have to be perfect with your aim majority of the time to win a gun fights against average controller players. Anyone that disagrees hasn't put in enough time on both input devices.

Also, FOV argument. FOV at the end of the day is personal preference, on PC I like a lower FOV. Not as low as 80 FOV on consoles but around 85 FOV or 90 FOV because I prefer bigger targets and sense of the gameplay being slower. I've also learned that I'm much better at a lower FOV because I'm used to that from my time playing FPS games on consoles.

In general though, high FPS, having FOV that you want will not turn you into a good player. If you suck on a console and get a PC, you will continue to suck. People keep chasing a lot of these things because they are influenced by pro players or streamers however getting 200 FPS or 120 FOV will not make you a better player, it's nice to have but by no means will you turn into good player.

I always tell people if you want to be a good player focus on these things:
- Learn the weapons and recoil to the point you understand it's behavior in close or long range fights.
- Be more patient, think before you make a move.
- Don't be too greedy once you down a player, don't push them just for a kill you'll probably put yourself at harms way.
- Be aware of your surroundings and use the mini-map.
- Learn rotations that will put you at an advantage.
- Use your tactical equipment.
- Learn to know when to back out of a gun fights. (Sometimes you get into a gun fight and you know you'll lose it if you stay shooting at the player, learn to abandon and recoup before you re-engage when you have an advantage.) This is hard to do because its all split second decision making during the gunfight.
- Communicate with teammates.
- Lower your sensitivity on the controller. This will definitely improve your aim. Use (Standard and Dynamic) Dynamic will give you rotational aim which is OP as fuck.

You can have shitty aim but if you put yourself in a good position you'll win it majority of the time. Obviously to be really good you need to have all of the above along with good aim.

These ^ things will make you a far better player than 200 FPS or 120 FOV. Just some food for thought. Because people think if I spend $2500 on PC, and get a 240hz monitor and get the best headphones that now I will be a really good player, that's just not how it works.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Account sharing would be amazing!!

(platform holders and publishers: )
H2xXMzu.jpg

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
To say that Mouse and Keyboard in Warzone or Call of Duty in general is advantageous, to me tells me that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

1,398h Play Time
4,082 Matches

These are my Warzone stats, just so you know how much time I've spent playing this game.

Warzone on PC using Mouse and Keyboard - 10% of the time.
Warzone on PC using Controller - 15% of the time.
Warzone on PS5 using Controller - 75% of the time.

I really wanted to play this game on Mouse and Keys because it's my preferred way to play. But man does it just punish you. Problem is when you are on M/K you have to be perfect with your aim majority of the time to win a gun fights against average controller players. Anyone that disagrees hasn't put in enough time on both input devices.

Also, FOV argument. FOV at the end of the day is personal preference, on PC I like a lower FOV. Not as low as 80 FOV on consoles but around 85 FOV or 90 FOV because I prefer bigger targets and sense of the gameplay being slower. I've also learned that I'm much better at a lower FOV because I'm used to that from my time playing FPS games on consoles.

In general though, high FPS, having FOV that you want will not turn you into a good player. If you suck on a console and get a PC, you will continue to suck. People keep chasing a lot of these things because they are influenced by pro players or streamers however getting 200 FPS or 120 FOV will not make you a better player, it's nice to have but by no means will you turn into good player.

I always tell people if you want to be a good player focus on these things:
- Learn the weapons and recoil to the point you understand it's behavior in close or long range fights.
- Be more patient, think before you make a move.
- Don't be too greedy once you down a player, don't push them just for a kill you'll probably put yourself at harms way.
- Be aware of your surroundings and use the mini-map.
- Learn rotations that will put you at an advantage.
- Use your tactical equipment.
- Learn to know when to back out of a gun fights. (Sometimes you get into a gun fight and you know you'll lose it if you stay shooting at the player, learn to abandon and recoup before you re-engage when you have an advantage.) This is hard to do because its all split second decision making during the gunfight.
- Communicate with teammates.
- Lower your sensitivity on the controller. This will definitely improve your aim. Use (Standard and Dynamic) Dynamic will give you rotational aim which is OP as fuck.

You can have shitty aim but if you put yourself in a good position you'll win it majority of the time. Obviously to be really good you need to have all of the above along with good aim.

These ^ things will make you a far better player than 200 FPS or 120 FOV. Just some food for thought. Because people think if I spend $2500 on PC, and get a 240hz monitor and get the best headphones that now I will be a really good player, that's just not how it works.
100% agreed and to add this only 1 of the top 10 money earners in Warzone use KBM and 3 of the top 20 use KBM

Reactions: HTK
Top Bottom