• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plus size Disney Princesses 'pushing boundaries' of common beauty standards

VAL0R

Banned
So in Diabetes and the Beast are we going to get an extended "Be our guest" scene where Belle annihilates plate after plate of :messenger_musical:"beef ragout, Cheese souffle, Pie and pudding 'en flambe":messenger_musical:?

beauty and the beast cake GIF by HuffPost

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
What's worse than the thread of Cosmopolitan putting a plus size Yoga instructor on it's cover?

How about plus size Disney princesses doing a photo shoot that 'pushes boundaries' of common beauty standards?

e0bfccb1ea4a0b2716957190fd1a8e4c

0befbac38b630a055f39d8817d19480a

9f6c90a86ca12d8d30c7a0f53cd4b9bc

886fd2f04e2a04d366a0165ae0496318

*sighs* Guess the next Disney princess will be some fatass to give hope to obese girls everywhere.

Jeah dont care for it. Not my preferred women.

Mistake

Two can play that game. Let’s reimagine the books then.
“Prince charmin tried the glass slipper on many women to no avail. At last, he hired a fishing boat out to sea, where a whale was caught steadfast in his net, and they were married happily thereafter.”

Nymphae

Banned
Disney princesses have been inspiring children for decades — but some fans argue that they don't represent everyone.

A character cannot represent all types of people at once. A character cannot be both thin and fat at the same time. If you had to choose one......

"The princesses I grew up seeing were all thin and white and for the most part saved by a man," she continued

Lets keep it on topic Steinem

One influencer even decided to exit the project because she couldn't find a costume that worked for her body.

An influencer who was set to pose as Ariel exited the project because "she was so frustrated" that her outfit didn't fit, according to Polis.

lol

Bonnie Barton (@flashesofstyle) — who posed as Jasmine for the Plus-Size Princess Project —actually wore a two-piece ensemble that was too small for her, according to Polis.

"She found an outfit in Party City, but it was way too tight and she ended up cutting the back of it and just getting the shot from the front," Polis said.

They're literally bursting out of their clothes and it's society's problem not theirs

I can't even tell which princess they are supposed to be. They all just look like fat women in bargain-bin dresses.

Shit, even Moomookun can actually add some accessories to make the cosplay obvious.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Two can play that game. Let’s reimagine the books then.
“Prince charmin tried the glass slipper on many women to no avail. At last, he hired a fishing boat out to sea, where a whale was caught steadfast in his net, and they were married happily thereafter.”

But if i imagine that the story of a glass slipper doesnt fit any other princess...it would make more sense if the princess was the only fat girl in a sea of beautiful thin princesses.

Just imagine the prince carrying around those huge ass glass slippers and all the feets just doesnt fit inside.

"Well... that were all the hot girls, tell the butler to throw the slipper away now. I will just take the red head there" xD

Last edited:

manfestival

We should totally start a campaign to make plus size sound more offensive than just calling them fat. That way all of these PC articles would then come across as grossly offensive and be taken the wrong way. Kinda like the whole power hand symbol thing with the OK sign. LETS DO THIS

GeorgPrime

Banned
intro-1579024380.jpg

"Hei Disney call us... it was always our dream to become a real disney princess"

Disney: "Lets see... we got this whale spinoff from Arielle. Interested?"

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Not sure why so many get such great joy out of mocking people that are obviously struggling with something.

Not everyone struggles because of sickness. Many people struggle due to quotes like this

"If i eat it comforts me. Food is like a good friend and if i do a diet, it feels like iam losing a good friend"

I know at least 3 people that use "iam sick thats why iam fat" just as an excuse to stay fat or so they dont have to acknowledged that they are just lazy.

The only thing they struggle with are health problems due to being too fat.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Not everyone struggles because of sickness. Many people struggle due to quotes like this

"If i eat it comforts me. Food is like a good friend and if i do a diet, it feels like iam losing a good friend"

I know at least 3 people that use "iam sick thats why iam fat" just as an excuse to stay fat or so they dont have to acknowledged that they are just lazy.

I'm sure there are some people that are dumb enough to think that, but eh. Then they aren't just unhealthy but stupid too, don't think that makes it okay to laugh at them still.

Now the majority of people are overweight to obese I think the ship has sailed of "stop being lazy brah".

Last edited:

oagboghi2

And I know people who do drugs because it dulls the pain of other issues they have.

I notice we don't have multiple "laugh at the drug users" thread

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
I'm sure there are some people that are dumb enough to think that, but eh. Then they aren't just unhealthy but stupid too, don't think that makes it okay to laugh at them still.

Google "1000 LB sisters" they want to be on TV, they got criminal records, they love black dicks, they are literally "Social Media Stars" and using their fat to earn money with it. Typical "Trash TV Stars". The more people laugh about them, the better they can earn money with it,

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
Stop pretending these threads exist to help people. It's just an excuse to laugh at fat people.

I would agree with you if it was people picking randomly on fat people from Instagram for example.

But this is actively trying to sell people, that letting yourself go to a point where your life is in danger is something brave.

People are not laughing at random people on the internet or the street, but people who see themselves as some kind of role model for a cause.

It is not that people seek out overweight persons to tell them, that they suck. Most people don't care. But as soon as it is shoved to your face of course people react.

Mistake

I’ve seen plenty fall for “fat pride” as well.

ManofOne

Plus Member
So is this the new song for frozen?

Let me go, let me go🎶

Can't hold it back anymore🎶

Let me go, let me go🎶

I need to eat that hamburger and fries 🎶

I don't care.......... what skinny bitches say🎶

Let the fat rage on🎶

Diabetes never bothered me anyway🎶

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I can't even tell which princess they are supposed to be. They all just look like fat women in bargain-bin dresses.

Shit, even Moomookun can actually add some accessories to make the cosplay obvious.
Moomookun isn't that damn big. Last I saw of her anyway.

ruvikx

Banned
Great inspiration for poor people who're starving around the world. Yep. These fuckers have lost their minds, i.e. greedy fat witches aren't princesses.

They're certainly not role models either.

People are not laughing at random people on the internet or the street, but people who see themselves as some kind of role model for a cause.
I do.
Normalizing fat people is the worst thing you can do.

Yeah I get it, it's hard.
I have to make that decision to stay slim each and every fucking day to not eat more than I should.
I know a couple of overweight people (no one in this super fat land whale category, though), and I see their eating habits.

I don't have any pity for that, sorry.

Banned
Really? You didn't read the article and see what these women are doing? They're trying to push an unhealthy look and lifestyle and saying it's 'okay.' And I have a problem with that.

These women can do what they want with their Disney fandom. But they chose to post in online and people are free to criticize them for it.
I live in the south so I see these land whales everywhere. Lots, and I mean lots of people must love fucking them because they all have kids.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Only thing wrong with his argument is that the title of Black Panther goes back generations in a country that is or was closed off from the rest of Africa and the world. There couldn't be a white BP nor King.

Heimdall in the MCU is an alien, like Thor and the rest of the Asgardians. They're not Norse. They inspired Norse mythology but they aren't the actual norse gods.

Circling back to BP, he DOES have an adopted brother who is white. But he has never been a BP. He's instead the white wolf (MCU changed the WW to Bucky but anyway...).

Only thing wrong with his argument is that the title of Black Panther goes back generations in a country that is or was closed off from the rest of Africa and the world. There couldn't be a white BP nor King.

Heimdall in the MCU is an alien, like Thor and the rest of the Asgardians. They're not Norse. They inspired Norse mythology but they aren't the actual norse gods.

Circling back to BP, he DOES have an adopted brother who is white. But he has never been a BP. He's instead the white wolf (MCU changed the WW to Bucky but anyway...).
It's fiction, none of it is fucking real. Please get the fuck over yourself and your comic book fantasies.

aka, stfu and grow the fuck up. 2021 is already tired of the race baiting bullshit.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It's fiction, none of it is fucking real. Please get the fuck over yourself and your comic book fantasies.

aka, stfu and grow the fuck up. 2021 is already tired of the race baiting bullshit.

Race baiting? I didn't start that. And I can talk about whatever I want dude... How about you get over YOURSELF?

DESTROYA

How old are you? Such a juvenile way of conducting yourself, it's unbecoming. What exactly are you so bent out of shape about. A plus sized woman decided to gather some other plus sized women for a photo shoot. You act as if Disney has retcon all these characters and are pushing it on kids or something.
We found the obese fatty on GAF.

Look when your foot has love handles when wearing a shoe you have issues . There is no reason to glorify being morbidly obese.
These people should not influence anybody but twinkies.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is, that the actual norse gods are not even existing?
How is that any better? : D

Imagine pulling that off with Islam... LOL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom