• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocky & Rocky Reshined - Spring 2022 (Switch & PS4)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Was playing this on the Snes with a pal the other day and honestly, it's still fun as hell and looks great.

I would say the game doesn't need a remaster but hey, it's cool they took the time to try to improve it.

Holammer

006_l.jpg

I thought this was a bakeneko at first, the wild look would be perfect as they're usually cray cray. But alas, no whiskers so it's a Marten.
... a Marten is fine too.

Seems like the game is actually a sequel to the SNES game, with the bad guy returning. The coins collected can be used to unlock "extreme mode", whatever that is? Maybe the end bit from the trailer where the boss turns into a hard mode variant.
Turns out the big tiddy goddess is Ame-No-Uzume, the shrines patron deity & Saya-chan's ancestor. The thunder marten/raijû & resurrected female samurai were rescued by the heroes in the first game.

Hope they remake the SNES version of Harvest Moon next. It would be the finest looking game in the series since... the first one.
(Yes, I know the whole harvest moon/story of seasons rights issues & drama, everyone fucking know about it by now.)

lachesis

Pre-ordered one for my Switch a while ago. (kinda forgot about it!)
That slight covering up of the Ame No Uzume don't bother me that much... so sticking with the local US ver.

It does sounds like PS4 version performs better (according to DF Retro review) - but I want something portable so...

Very much looking forward getting it!

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
Nice I wasn't aware it was available for the PS4, bought my copy for the Switch. I haven't noticed any slowdown or anything, I'm so distracted by all the amazing artwork and animations and details to care, much less trying to survive the hellish onslaught. Man I suck at shooters lol. Fun game though. Now this is a love letter to be sure. I imported mine for the "original" content lol, I don't want some lesser version. Screw that, to think people are so offended by being a mammal it boggles the mind. One would figure that large breasts being a minority would make them a shoe in for the inclusivity crowd except they tend to be naturally desirable so they're relegated to the trash bin of equity.

I look forward to seeing whatever this developer does next, their ability to retain what made the original game great and add to it is very impressive. If only some larger more recent games took this approach lol.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This really seems to be shaping up great according to everyone I've seen cover the import. Nice when these niche revivals do justice to their concept.

Saber

Gold Member
DF basically sold me this version. Wasn't aware of this game until now, looks pretty charming.

Top Bottom