• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pogomix: Dreams is so powerful it's absurd

Renozokii

The lack of a PS5 version is telling. Although there seems to be no rhythm or reason as to what Sony updates or not.
It’s an engine creation tool and the ps5 is probably what, 10x more powerful than the console the game launched on and has an ssd. Knowing media molecule they’ll probably try to implement dual sense features in it too. Might just be a significant enough relaunch that it takes time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No one want to create games with a videogame
No one want to play games create with a videogame.
True.

I dont think even those Mario Maker game sell great even though they are first party games and the interface is 10x easier to make Mario levels than a Project Spark or Dreams.

I think Mario Maker games are among Nintendo's worst selling first party games.

NahaNago

They should have focused first on dream the game first just like how someone mentioned skyrim with tons of mods. If they had created this amazing game and story but it is something you could customize yourself later on to suit your taste then I thinks that would have sold tons. Dreams as the game maker program is too daunting for the average console gamer I'm guessing.

I'm guessing the ps5 version will come at later date.

I swear Sony should have created a few teams to use dreams to make a couple of games with some of the ip they own and then revealed that folks could mod it with dreams. Or even hire some indie devs to do it for them. That would have been great publicity for the indie devs and dreams.

Shmunter

To give this game, or rather ‘platform’ more exposure Sony really should consider creating an integrated Dreams hub directly into the dashboard level. Typical stuff, new releases, events, top selections, yadada.

A PC version would be benefit for the success of the game I think.

Ive said this so many times theres no graphics engine better than dreams the only problem with dreams is firstly the controllers almost all console level making games get boring after a whilr becausr of the controllers because when your trying to design something you need a good interface not to.fight with the interface its why dreeams needs to come to pc itll benefit from the use of a keyboard and mouse and also almost infinite memory since it wont be held back by budget console ram.

Top Bottom