• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

5/10 with Entei, but got my Bronze Legendary badge, so should help with capture rates.

With the Hoenn badge showing up, we should get an announcement by no later than the weekend, no doubt.

HardRojo

I'm reading rumors about shiny ghost Pokémon from the 3rd gen being available during the event, as well as a Mimikyu hat. Is it true?

I'm reading rumors about shiny ghost Pokémon from the 3rd gen being available during the event, as well as a Mimikyu hat. Is it true?
The shinies are in the game master, but that doesn’t mean they’ll actually pop up during the event. Shiny legendaries are in as well, after all. So that remains to be seen. Mimikyu hat is a sure thing though.

Replicant

Has there been recent spoofers banning?

Because all of a sudden my suburb ends up with decaying Yellow gym that no one took down, presumably because all of those Blue and Red players were banned.

This would be fine and dandy except that now all of the legit players have their Pokémon stuck in the gym with no way of getting them back. My Blissey has been stuck in a gym for 1day 18hours and counting. Which is a new record since the gym is in a busy Main Street. Are these spoofers really that lazy they can’t afford to walk the distance or have their account gone kaput?

Either way, give me back my Blissey, God dang it! Why can’t we call our Pokémon back or have them expire after 8hours 20min?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
or could be like me and just say fuck it and walk past them every time
i used to knock them out so they could get their coins but then they would take it back a couple minutes later giving me nothing
so fuck that guy he can stay in coin jail

Replicant

or could be like me and just say fuck it and walk past them every time
i used to knock them out so they could get their coins but then they would take it back a couple minutes later giving me nothing so fuck you you get to stay in no coin jail

Fat chance of that happening. This suburb actually has a rather regular turn around prior to this. Red during the day, blue and yellow at night. Also yellow is minority here. If anyone will have their gym knocked down before 10min even passed, yellow team is the most likely target.

Firemind

This would be fine and dandy except that now all of the legit players have their Pokémon stuck in the gym with no way of getting them back. My Blissey has been stuck in a gym for 1day 18hours and counting. Which is a new record since the gym is in a busy Main Street. Are these spoofers really that lazy they can’t afford to walk the distance or have their account gone kaput?
I'd rather earn points for the gold gym badge at this point. Coins are rather pointless now.

Fuck spoofers.

Jesus Christ, the rest of Gen 3 won’t be out until fucking December?

Hell, they make it sound like it could be a staggered launch too, and that it could slip past December. Fucking why Niantic? Like 5 new Pokémon aren’t enough to hold this game over 2 more months.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Jesus Christ, the rest of Gen 3 won't be out until fucking December?

Hell, they make it sound like it could be a staggered launch too, and that it could slip past December. Fucking why Niantic? Like 5 new Pokémon aren't enough to hold this game over 2 more months.

haha they even say they will release gradually over time not even all of them all at once christ on this throne what are you doing niantic knock off games with more content are starting to pop up get on it before other games eat your lunch

The datamine shows they've nerfed Ho-Oh, so probably November will have the last Legendary dog and somewhere around December Ho-Oh.
Mewtwo inbetween sporadically hopefully maybe
Yeah, I saw that. Honestly Ho-Oh could even be sooner than that. Mewtwo got nerfed less than a day before the Japan event.

I’m guessing a December launch also means we should get Delibird just before Gen 3, and likely Smeargle sometime before as well to wrap up the generation. Then we’d just need Mew and Celebi, but who knows how they’ll handle them. Odds are it will be terribly.

Seriously though, a December launch for Gen 3 is way too fucking long. They’re killing the game with this big of a gap, particularly given Gen 2 was so much smaller than Gen 1 and certainly hasn’t been enough to sustain a far bigger gap than the one between Gen 1 and 2. They better have some big new features to pull out of their asses soon or I’m going to have a hard time finding reasons to play beyond getting Suicune on the 1st, and praying for another EX raid (speaking of things that are taking way too fucking long).

Gyms are already dead as hell right now. Game will be a ghost town after the Halloween event ends. (har har)

I’m really worried about what this implies for Gen 4 also. If we have to wait another TEN months for that, eesh. I expected the gaps to be shorter than the first generational gap, not substantially longer. I’m not even sure why this one is so much lengthier, given Niantic isn’t dealing with nearly as much as they were during the first 7 months...

haha they even say they will release gradually over time not even all of them all at once christ on this throne what are you doing niantic knock off games with more content are starting to pop up get on it before other games eat your lunch
I’m hoping they’re just covering their asses for the typical small handful of delayed Pokémon a la Ditto, Smeargle, Delibird, and the Legendaries, and not hinting at some lengthy multi-month rollout for the bulk of the Dex. Because my god man.

There will probably be a Thanksgiving event too and if I were to guess, Ho-Oh will keep most people occupied until Gen 3 arrives.
I mean

Would it? lol How does Ho-Oh cover a month and half? The second wave of beasts already died less than a week in, and if Ho-Oh is another massive clusterfuck of EX nonsense...

GulAtiCa

Excited for the event, but not as excited to see extended wait for rest of Gen 3. Though, only a month.

Holy crap, it starts tomorrow? Dam,n, that's early compared to last year! Lasts through through most of my Honeymoon, so I'll be able to play a little while at Universal!

Firemind

Would it? lol How does Ho-Oh cover a month and half? The second wave of beasts already died less than a week in, and if Ho-Oh is another massive clusterfuck of EX nonsense...
Lugia wasn't EX exclusive so I would think Ho-Oh won't be either.

Really though, staggering gen 3 pisses me off the most. Either release everything or don't. Now it's just catch a few Pokemon and a Pikachu with a stupid hat, repeat cycle.

GulAtiCa

Lugia wasn't EX exclusive so I would think Ho-Oh won't be either.

Really though, staggering gen 3 pisses me off the most. Either release everything or don't. Now it's just catch a few Pokemon and a Pikachu with a stupid hat, repeat cycle.

Last year: https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/johto-holiday

Well, remember. They basically said the same thing last year too. And we all know that we got the babies and then all of gen 2 (minus special pokemon) released at once in Feb. If they do release all in December (esp early Dec), it will be better then last year.

Firemind

The way they worded it I don't think we'll see all of gen 3 at once.

The rest of the Pokémon first seen in the Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire video games will gradually arrive starting as early as December!

Has there been recent spoofers banning?

Because all of a sudden my suburb ends up with decaying Yellow gym that no one took down, presumably because all of those Blue and Red players were banned.

Either way, give me back my Blissey, God dang it! Why can’t we call our Pokémon back or have them expire after 8hours 20min?

Android spoofers, sure. They are mostly done for since the leak/mining of the security measures taken by Niantic.
iOS spoofers, probably never since the platform is kinda secure. Unless they teleport from continent to continent, or even country to country. Which will get them flagged.

GulAtiCa

We all know Niantic is horrible with communication. Remember when they had an event and said eggs would give extra candy, but ended up being like +2... lol

GulAtiCa

I was originally going to save my incubators for Universal, but since the event starts tomorrow & the S.I. will be back again, I'm going to place my currently 7 10k eggs in some S.I.s

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
We all know Niantic is horrible with communication. Remember when they had an event and said eggs would give extra candy, but ended up being like +2... lol

willing to bet their data shows people drop off when they fill their pokedex and people come back every time there are new pokemon added so now they are going to stagger gen 3 releases for 7-12 months in groups of like 5-10 pokemon at a time

how about pump out all the gens and shinies and then you can keep players by constantly adding good features and content

OnPoint

willing to bet their data shows people drop off when they fill their pokedex and people come back every time there are new pokemon added so now they are going to stagger gen 3 releases for 7-12 months in groups of like 5-10 pokemon at a time

how about pump out all the gens and shinies and then you can keep players by constantly adding good features and content

The only "content" people seem to care about over the long term are new Pokemon. Legendary raids are short term gain and exciting for a week. Releasing them piece meal 5-10 at a time actually seems smart.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
The only "content" people seem to care about over the long term are new Pokemon. Legendary raids are short term gain and exciting for a week. Releasing them piece meal 5-10 at a time actually seems smart.

people post about this stuff all the time new features like
mainline/ daily quests
npc trainer battles
pvp
trading
dungeons
elite 4
pokemon championships
battle system rework

GulAtiCa

What is a softban? Like they take away features for a while without letting you know?

Soft ban is where for about a week or so, you will stop seeing rarer spawns, such as Dratinis.

Really, NEVER EVER EVER use a device/website that requires your login. Really really bad idea. It's bannable.

Use something like CalcyIV or PokeGenie on your phone instead, since those are safe. (they just take a screenshot and give you stats based upon that)

HardRojo

only commons will spawn and will have super high flee rate

Soft ban is where for about a week or so, you will stop seeing rarer spawns, such as Dratinis.

Really, NEVER EVER EVER use a device/website that requires your login. Really really bad idea. It's bannable.

Use something like CalcyIV or PokeGenie on your phone instead, since those are safe. (they just take a screenshot and give you stats based upon that)

I see. Gonna look them up on iOS and see what works best.

BTW they made a mistake in the translation for the Legendary Raids medal in Spanish. I play in English, but most people here play with their phones in Spanish, and the medals reads "EX Raids", rather than "Legendary Raids".

border

I suppose it only makes sense that a Halloween event be centered around having giving players candy.....but man, I couldn't think of an in-game resource/reward that I need less of. All this candy is not particularly useful when you have such a limited supply of dust.

I was hoping we'd at least get double XP as well.

I see. Gonna look them up on iOS and see what works best.

BTW they made a mistake in the translation for the Legendary Raids medal in Spanish. I play in English, but most people here play with their phones in Spanish, and the medals reads "EX Raids", rather than "Legendary Raids".
It also says Ex-Raids in German. Weird

The datamine shows they've nerfed Ho-Oh, so probably November will have the last Legendary dog and somewhere around December Ho-Oh.
Mewtwo inbetween sporadically hopefully maybe

Can we even get Mew legally yet? He's technically a Gen 1 pokemon that Niantic hasn't released yet...that I know of

Matches last year event so far. I imagine the next dbl XP event will be around Thanksgiving, like last year. Though, last year was dbl stardust as well. I kinda don't imagine they will do both at same time again.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/celebration-nov2016

God I hope it's double XP. I have a stupid amount of evolutions queued up and the Halloween event is just gonna make it worse.

Can we even get Mew legally yet? He's technically a Gen 1 pokemon that Niantic hasn't released yet...that I know of

Neither Mew nor Celebi have even been hinted at yet, let alone released. Kinda worried how those will play out. Mewtwo has already been a clusterfuck, and he's not even a Mythical Pokémon.

I wouldn't worry about that at all. He hasn't been properly released yet. The EX raids are still in their 'testing' phase.

The fact that it's been in testing for a month and a half is already enough of a clusterfuck, lol. That said, the entire idea of the EX raid system is flawed and bound to fuck people over. There's no such thing as a good implementation of the core concept, so I don't have much faith further "testing" will make it better.

The fact that it's been in testing for a month and a half is already enough of a clusterfuck, lol. That said, the entire idea of the EX raid system is flawed and bound to fuck people over. There's no such thing as a good implementation of the core concept, so I don't have much faith further "testing" will make it better.

Yep, EX Raids are fucking bullshit. I hope they get rid of it after Mewtwo.

Top Bottom