• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Technical Issues

Sojiro

What a fucking disaster, this might even make Arceus not look as bad, and that game is far from a good looking game either. The bugs are fucking hilarious though, they are as bad as the shit cyberpunk had at its release. The bad thing is you know damn well this game will never get a patch to fix shit unlike Cyberpunk. I usually go a couple gens before getting the Pokemon itch again, and since I picked up Arceus these two were never on my radar to pick up, but it looks like these are the ones to miss out on.

I’m not cool but you are a gaslighter. Just think ahead. Too many Pokémon. Not a lot of inspiration. Pain in the ass to collect and trade all Pokémon. Can’t “catch ‘em all anymore. More evolutions… That’s my reason for not playing anymore. I don’t hate Pokémon. I dislike all it is now.
Your criticism is on point for everything from the 3DS era to today... like I said, the DS games are still worth checking out, the pixel art aged well and the regions have a lot of inspired locations, if you enjoyed the GBA games then you'll likely enjoy the DS ones. And you don't have to catch em all to enjoy a Pokémon game. Catching them all has been a big hassle since the GBA era.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Could the glitches stem from some misconfigured docked mode? I've played for ~12 hours now (2 badges, 2 titans, 2 bases) and I haven't experienced any of these glitches or extreme slowdowns.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Could the glitches stem from some misconfigured docked mode? I've played for ~12 hours now (2 badges, 2 titans, 2 bases) and I haven't experienced any of these glitches or extreme slowdowns.
You didn’t experience the camera glitching to the ground when you tried to catch a Pokemon in the wild? You didn’t experience NPCs running at 10 FPS in towns?

recursive

To be fair the mainline pokemon games have always been janky shit right from the very first one on gameboy, i kept up till the DS era then dropped them all as by then i was tired of the series the only ones that have managed to win me back are some of the spinoffs like the most recent snap but for mainline no thanks. The amount of glitch memes that have spawned from the most recent shitfest have been amusing though.

But why would they even make an effort at gamefreak when the fans blindly buy each release regardless of quality they have already been sent the message that no matter how shit the state they relase in they will be rewarded regardless. The switch is way more capable than this.
I don't remember the 2d games being junky. From what I recall most were fine. Maybe I have nostalgia glasses.

Some of the stuff is just so blatant. Why does a story relevant flag that's in your face have textures from 30 years ago?

M0WBFjG.png

hussar16

It’s immensely enjoyable but it runs like shit, but I don’t think a Pokémon game hasn’t run like shit since the 90’s. Still, I’ll take the janky, sparse open world with barely discernible Pokémon over the boring corridor, no exploration formula of the last few generations.
There is not exploration here either .it's linear corridor aswell

Top Bottom