• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Trading Card Game |OT| Gotta Collect them all!

Is this in real life or online. Just want to build with what's in your collection or willing to buy singles? Going to play at home, at a league, or actual tournaments?

Real life. Willing to buy a few singles IF I get into it but for now just the basics with what I get out of boxes when they release. Mostly gonna play with a few of my friends and maybe local shops here if I feel I understand the game.

teeny

I know you said real life, but playing Online really helped me to understand the game better as well as the synergy between different cards. I still only really play online (I casually collect physical cards) and I'm not very good! I'm even worse at deck building, but if I ever decide to create a physical deck, I'll sure be testing it online first.

Haven't picked up much recently due to other commitments and other places I needed to put my money. Picked up two random Burning Shadows boosters over the weekend and got myself a Ho-Oh GX and Tapu Fini Rainbow Rare. The RR is gorgeous - kind of makes me want to collect the set, but my wallet (and my wife) would not forgive me.

johnsmith

remember me
Computer search is going for $100. Glad I got mine for $20 last year but they should just issue an errata and make the cheap base set ones legal if they want to keep pushing expanded.

Computer search is going for $100. Glad I got mine for $20 last year but they should just issue an errata and make the cheap base set ones legal if they want to keep pushing expanded.

I can't imagine keeping up with expanded. I feel like the amount of super expensive cards that you'd have to get would be insane. Shaymin EX, Tapu Lele, VS seekers. It sounds fun, but keeping up with that huge swath of meta cards must be exhausting.

teeny

I had some success trading with folks here in the past, so figured I would try again - I have a few holo + cards and one GX which I want to trade for the below, if possible. I'm in the UK, if that helps.

I'm not really clued up to what the competitive value of the cards are so I'll just post the lists and see if there are any takers. Ultimately, I'd rather trade like-for-like. I have a bunch of non-holo rare cards, too, if anyone is looking for anything (and of course a metric craptonne of common/uncommon).

---HAVE---

XY Generations
  • Holo / RC13 / Jirachi
  • Holo / RC15 / Yveltal
XY Steam Siege
  • Reverse Rare / 73 / Klinklang
  • Holo / 86 / Hydreigon

XY Evolutions
  • Holo / 42 / Zapdos
  • Holo / 62 / Hitmonchan
  • Reverse Uncommon / 71 / Porygon

SM Base Set
  • GX / 15 / Lurantis GX
  • Reverse Rare / 50 / Lanturn

SM Burning Shadows
  • Holo / 33 / Gyarados

---NEED---

SM Base Set
  • GX / 35 / Lapras GX
  • Holo / 92 / Sharpedo

SM Guardians Rising
  • Holo / 9 / Golisopod
  • Holo / 13 / Chandelure
  • GX / 92 / Sylveon GX
  • Holo / 96 / Goodra
  • Holo / 97 / Drampa

SM Burning Shadows
  • GX / 17 / Golisopod GX
  • Holo / 41 / Raichu
  • GX / 80 / Marshadow GX
  • GX / 84 / Alolan Muk GX
  • GX / 93 / Gardevoir GX
  • Holo / 94 / Diancie

PM me if you're interested.

I've pretty dropped out of Pokemon over the last few months but still keep up with it.

The new rotation goes into effect today (September 1st). Now is a good time to check your decks and online decks for any cards that have now dropped out of the standard bracket.

https://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-news/pokemon-tcg-format-rotation-for-the-2018-season/

tcg-2018-rotation-169-en.jpg

teeny

Pulled a second Gardevoir GX from a locked pack yesterday (online) - full art version too! I love this card and it really works well having two in the deck alongside Sylveon GX. The energy acceleration is great and my win streaks have gone from 2/3 to around 7 pretty consistently.

I doubt the deck is very competitive (it certainly isn't standard) but I'm having fun.

So I've been watching people play magic lately and wanted to just kind of mess around. Not really a social person, so i figured I'd give Pokemon a try and teach my 7 year old to play.

One day later I'm 1-3 against her... She's a merciless monster.

Pulled a second Gardevoir GX from a locked pack yesterday (online) - full art version too! I love this card and it really works well having two in the deck alongside Sylveon GX. The energy acceleration is great and my win streaks have gone from 2/3 to around 7 pretty consistently.

I doubt the deck is very competitive (it certainly isn't standard) but I'm having fun.

Already gone against 2 decks with that card. It seems to have use

So I've been watching people play magic lately and wanted to just kind of mess around. Not really a social person, so i figured I'd give Pokemon a try and teach my 7 year old to play.

One day later I'm 1-3 against her... She's a merciless monster.

What deck?

teeny

Already gone against 2 decks with that card. It seems to have use

I imagine it could be a bit of a monster in the right hands. I'm having trouble setting it up swiftly but when I can get it going (and the second card helps here), it's a monster.

On another note, my booster pack luck continues to carry on:

I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed - as someone who only collects cards primarily for Pokemon and Supporter art, I would have preferred literally any other secret rare.

Magic Madhouse puts it at £19. Does anyone want to buy it at £17 or have a similar-cost rainbow rare they want to trade for it?

johnsmith

remember me
2nd in a league cup today with Bulu. 50/400 towards worlds. Getting really tempted to do a bit of traveling to go for a worlds invite.

Josephl64

I decided that I'm not going for the Worlds invite myself. Traveling all over is just not possible, but I'm getting back in the game some time after the next set releases

Akim

Banned
I used to play a lot of MTG and I got back into it like a year ago. I ended up quitting because I didn't quite fit in with the.....interesting community. I was thinking about getting into Pokemon and seeing if it was any better. Anyone here have any experience going from MTG to Pokemon?

New set comes out here tomorrow~ Maybe will grab a box next week or while im in Tokyo, kinda want to see what the new TCG room/shop is all about. Been thinking I want the Awakened Heroes set to get a shot at that Kartana.

Started playing the TCG Online version and been messing around with some decks. It's a pretty fun game but not sure how long i'll stick with it, maybe til I lose interest in collecting the cards again haha. Think im getting the hang of it but thinking of some more advanced strategies is tough.

johnsmith

remember me
New set comes out here tomorrow~ Maybe will grab a box next week or while im in Tokyo, kinda want to see what the new TCG room/shop is all about. Been thinking I want the Awakened Heroes set to get a shot at that Kartana.

Started playing the TCG Online version and been messing around with some decks. It's a pretty fun game but not sure how long i'll stick with it, maybe til I lose interest in collecting the cards again haha. Think im getting the hang of it but thinking of some more advanced strategies is tough.

You should get 2 boxes so you can sell me those Acerola sleeves you only get when you buy 2 boxes. Or if you know of any stores selling them let me know. I really want a set.

You should get 2 boxes so you can sell me those Acerola sleeves you only get when you buy 2 boxes. Or if you know of any stores selling them let me know. I really want a set.

Hmm? Got a link on that info, quickly perusing the pokemon center site only brought up the promo Regigias and Hyreigon cards. But I am tempted to get a box of each lol. -makesitrainafewyen-

edit: saw the Lusamine full art.... yeah I'm going for two boxes fingers crossed. Got the Plumeria full art out of a random pack from the convince store lol, doubt I will have luck in a full box but were gonna try!

Thats a cool artwork, i'll keep an eye out for it. Might go next Friday to buy stuff, also seems to be the day a lot of other new things drop as well, including Gold Silver digital version if I remember right. -edit- found it, yup free with two boxes. If I end up with a pack of them well see if I can pass it over to you (I live in Japan so might be a hassle)

But might hold on that too since they announced a new 3DS Pokeball version. Which I might pre-order today lol.

johnsmith

remember me
I'd definitely be willing to pay you for them in addition to shipping costs. Also if you see them in any local shops, not sure if you just go to Pokemon centers or other local shops. I'll be looking for them in the usual online sites.

rj118

Any recommendations on where to sell cards? I have several I would like to get rid of but I'm not willing to take the time to post on eBay or other sites or deal with mailing out singles.

johnsmith

remember me
Any recommendations on where to sell cards? I have several I would like to get rid of but I'm not willing to take the time to post on eBay or other sites or deal with mailing out singles.

You've pretty much ruled out all your options then. The only one I can think of is finding a local shop that sells pokemon singles and see if they'll take them. You'll get a fraction of retail though.

If you're willing to mail a single package you could try selling to troll and toad or coolstuffinc.

Got it! Was out running errands and was nearby the pokemon center so I grabbed it now instead of carrying it around Tokyo this weekend. Won't get to open these til like Monday though.

If you want the sleeves johnsmith we can exchange some info and see how viable it would be to send it too you. I got enough sleeves and am not really a fan of this character. Though I love me some frosslass.

Got my wife to agree to me taking my daughter to see a local tournament. Glad to see they are fairly common in the area. She seems really into this so far and it's a great excuse to spend some time together. I'll pay some pictures after we go.

Josephl64

an official pokemon japanese rubber playmat? Whoa...

I remember a pokeball one and one that looked like a stadium from years back, but this actually has a character on it which is rather neat. Might be the first from what I can recall offhand.

rj118

You've pretty much ruled out all your options then. The only one I can think of is finding a local shop that sells pokemon singles and see if they'll take them. You'll get a fraction of retail though.

If you're willing to mail a single package you could try selling to troll and toad or coolstuffinc.

Thanks for the reply, I ended up sending a bundle out to Troll and Toad. I'm interested to see how that goes.

My haul from the two newest sets. Not the stuff I wanted exactly but not too bad either.

Also johnsmith I have to go to the post office Monday Japan time, so I'll try and send your sleeves out then. Sending stuff abroad here is always a bit of a hilarious hassle since I live in a small city and it rarely happens. The staff always has a confused look for a few minutes haha.

Josephl64

Going to have to let go of the competitive part of the tcg because of college costs.

I'll look through everything I have, but I'd do $100 for 2 Tapu Lele I have which should be pack fresh, shipping included if people are in the states

rj118

Is anyone else digging the Shining Legends set? I pulled a regular and full art Mewtwo GX from the elite trainer box!

SaviourMK2

Shining Legends, for me, is off to a bad start. I purchased a Mewtwo Box and a Pikachu box to start things off, my Mewtwo Box had a Manaphy and 2 Marshadows, I thought Pikachu might be better.... all three had Latios TnT

dead2.gif

I say it's a bad start in comparison to Genertations, where I pulled a Blastoise EX, Gardevoir-EX, Mega Gardevoir-EX and a holofoil energy in the same box, my first box.

Rainbow rare Raichu-GX is the main want in this entire set.

Wow that's a shame :/
I'm looking to complete this set so if anyone wants to trade, let me know. I already have plenty to get rid off. Does anyone have any of those Online TCG codes too?

teeny

Wow that's a shame :/
I'm looking to complete this set so if anyone wants to trade, let me know. I already have plenty to get rid off. Does anyone have any of those Online TCG codes too?

I'm going to try and complete it too. I think I got a dupe.... Keldeo? Not sure, but if you post your wants let me know :)

Are you going to get all of the pin boxes and other boxes to get the promos? Kind of annoying they took stuff out of sets to sell as promos.

I was happy enough with my pulls. A bunch of normal holo rares but also Shining Ray and secret Mewtwo GX. Good times.

I'm going to try and complete it too. I think I got a dupe.... Keldeo? Not sure, but if you post your wants let me know :)

Are you going to get all of the pin boxes and other boxes to get the promos? Kind of annoying they took stuff out of sets to sell as promos.

I was happy enough with my pulls. A bunch of normal holo rares but also Shining Ray and secret Mewtwo GX. Good times.

Yeah I'll definitely pick up the Pikachu and Mewtwo boxes. I'll PM you my trades.

Top Bottom