• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Bank will be a free service in 2023

Looks like the Pokemon company will be bank rolling the upkeep of Pokemon Bank once the 3DS eshop is shutdown in 2023.

Serebii Tweet.

I'm glad they are showing the commitment for this type of service rather than expecting people to move to a new system and be locked in on its eco system that has some of the worst games in the franchise. :messenger_clapping:

Announcement provided by Japanese Pokemon company site

'Today, Nintendo announced that the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will close their eShop to purchases at the end of March 2023. With this, The Pokémon Company has announced that Pokémon Bank will be free to use when that happens, though new downloads of Pokémon Bank and the associated Poké Transporter will no longer be possible. There is presently no end date for the free service'

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Well, they gonna shutdown eshop anyway...so its not like this is not nice gesture, just a move to make people jump to their prison home.

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Good. Considering you can still download fucking Wii games from the store, I have some hope that the 3DS online services will stay online for years to come.

Good. Considering you can still download fucking Wii games from the store, I have some hope that the 3DS online services will stay online for years to come.
Same. If not I will no doubt see the Pokemon community create their own GTS that would just involve pointing the 3DS to another DNS. They've already done this with the DS WiFi and GTS Classic network.

Top Bottom