• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl and Legends Arceus release dates announced

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shame Arceus won't be out by Christmas. I guess that's by design though, so it doesn't eat into what will inevitably be massive holiday sales for the Diamond / Pearl remakes.

I like the boxarts for BDSP. Nothing special but they work. But the one for Arceus is great, it has a slight Mystery Dungeon vibe with the different Pokémon standing together.

Termite

Absurdly close release dates. Feels like the Pokemon Company's greed knows no bounds, they just REFUSE to take their time with any one game.

It also implies that they aren't big on one of these two games. Perhaps it's the outsourced remake that looks far lower effort than previous remakes. Perhaps they see Arceus as an experimental spin-off that might not catch on. But releasing both within two months of each other almost ensures neither will be the sales hit it could have been with a year to breath on its own.

If I was a cynic I might wonder if they're going to put out a deliberately half-assed open world pokemon game just so fans stop asking for it ever again.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
Pokemon Arceus is way earlier than I thought

The demo they showed the game looked like it was early in development

Pokemon Legends Arceus releasing in January confirms it will be trash. The first and only trailer looked like an early build of some demo for upper management. I can't imagine it being much better than what we saw, but it will make more money than most other games, so who gives a rat's ass.

I am still going to buy it because I am a loser

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m not a graphics snob by any stretch of the imagination, but Arceus looked pretty lacklustre in the earlier showing. I thought it was still in early development. If it’s anything like the wild area in Sword/Shield, where Pokémon are poppining in from about 5 meters away, then forget about it.

YukiOnna

Oh nice. I was expecting Legends Arceus in January or February so that works for me. Don't think I'll be able to get DP Remake at launch, but should be good for the holidays. Really like the former's boxart.

StormCell

I’m not a graphics snob by any stretch of the imagination, but Arceus looked pretty lacklustre in the earlier showing. I thought it was still in early development. If it’s anything like the wild area in Sword/Shield, where Pokémon are poppining in from about 5 meters away, then forget about it.
Expect objects popping in at about 5 meters away then. My confidence in GameFreak products is pretty low, and I was hoping that they would make an honest effort and give this game about 3 years to bake while also enlisting the help of Nintendo and Monolithsoft to give this world the polish it deserves. Alas, nope.

mcjmetroid

Let's see;

A remake of a DS game that nobody holds nostalgia for.

And an open world game that looked as if it needed 3 more years in the oven coming out early next week.

Next!

supernova8

Banned
Expect objects popping in at about 5 meters away then. My confidence in GameFreak products is pretty low, and I was hoping that they would make an honest effort and give this game about 3 years to bake while also enlisting the help of Nintendo and Monolithsoft to give this world the polish it deserves. Alas, nope.

I guess we have to thank all the people who keep buying it in the millions every single time.

I never played Sword/Shield but it looked like trash from the videos I watched of people playing.

SegaShack

I honestly am done with this series but will always have love and respect for Gen 1 and 2. Black and White I enjoyed as well.

Diamond and Pearl I never even liked originally, no desire for a remake.

Qaloon

You definitely don’t speak for me, fourth gen is best gen (especially if it were platinum)
I agree with a lot of what you’re saying. I enjoyed Gen 4 a lot, even more than Gen 3 (still love Gen 3).

The diversity in the biomes really stood out to me in D&P.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Wow, there’s actually a lot of Pokémon games for the Nintendo Switch. Might be time to ease back into the greatness of Pokémon series

Has anyone here played every single Pokémon game?

zokie

seems that most of the reset forum people are not getting the games , its their choice
i will still be getting the game as its my $

Top Bottom