• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green - $40 + pre-order bonus

cvxfreak

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=5384

:(

$10 isn't much but I was planning to buy these two games at the same time. Japan wasn't charged extra. Considering that these are remakes, I wish the prices went down just a little bit. But the game, since I played the LG version, is totally worth it the price of admission for the fun it offers. As you people know, FR/LG are remakes of Red and Blue but have a few extras. The graphics are R/S level and so on...

The pre-order bonus starting Aug. 1 is a trainer's guide.

Hero

Does the wireless GBA adapter work with all GBA games or only certain ones? The way I keep reading the press releases, it seems that games have to be programmed for it.

Ex: I can't use two wireless adapters to connect two GBA's to play linked Bomberman Tournament since it's old.

cvxfreak

Hero, that is correct. The Wireless Adapter so far is programmed for the NES Classics, the Famicom Minis, the Pokemon remakes and Mario Golf Advance Tour. I'll bet a few titles down the line such as Minish Cap will support it.

Alcibiades

wow, that's a good price, only $5 more (than RuSa) retail price for those wireless adaptors...

Good thing retail stores are gonna be dropping prices to be competitive with each other, especially since the holiday season will be just around the corner...

Hero

CVXFREAK said:
Hero, that is correct. The Wireless Adapter so far is programmed for the NES Classics, the Famicom Minis, the Pokemon remakes and Mario Golf Advance Tour. I'll bet a few titles down the line such as Minish Cap will support it.

Okay, nobody ever gave me an answer on it before. Thanks.

But why though? Is wireless data communication really that advanced? More so than the Wavebird?

I want a wireless GBA->GCN adapter. Fucking cords aren't long enough!

cvxfreak

Hero said:
Okay, nobody ever gave me an answer on it before. Thanks.

But why though? Is wireless data communication really that advanced? More so than the Wavebird?

I want a wireless GBA->GCN adapter. Fucking cords aren't long enough!

I'm not sure why myself unfortunately. It would be fun if the Wireless Adapter were used to connect to the GCN via the WaveBird controller port plug, but the WaveBird and Wireless Adapter can't even be used in the same room (if someone is using the WA with the GBA Player).

Hero

CVXFREAK said:
I'm not sure why myself unfortunately. It would be fun if the Wireless Adapter were used to connect to the GCN via the WaveBird controller port plug, but the WaveBird and Wireless Adapter can't even be used in the same room (if someone is using the WA with the GBA Player).

What? Why not? I mean, I'll probably never have that problem, but still...

Top Bottom