• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cPnimie.png
If it's Hannity, the answer will be yes, yes, yes, and very much so.

Jesus. that was brutal LOL!

That Washington Post transcript is unbelievable.

To be honest it sounds like he is already making his excuses and bargaining that his campaign was a success because he won the primaries.

He knows he is done. He is already talking about getting his revenge on people.

Jan fucking Brewer just said in an interview today that Trump needs to tone it down.
Jan. Fucking. Brewer.
.... Wow...

Katy Tur
‏@KatyTurNBC

Top republican: @Reince is 'apoplectic' over Trump's refusal to back Ryan. He called several Trump staffers to express his displeasure.

More from same source: The next 24 to 72 hours are crucial. There is serious talk about key Republicans coming out hard against Trump.
Oh god.. How can tomorrow top this?

No way it can get worse than today.
We keep saying that.. And somehow he finds away.

NO! I can't keep taking this! I'm going to run out the door now, before Slaanesh consumes me!
You'll be back.. They always come back.

Like, we all knew this would be a dumpster fire, but did anyone think it would get this bad, this fast?

Not this fast. Obama's DNC speech was only six days ago! I thought we'd be seeing this in October when Trump realized he really couldn't win.

EDIT:
If Trump gets shitcanned, Hannity is going to be a fucking HOOT

Seriously though, this is really unprecedented

Just to be clear, now that he's the nominee, the RNC has no ability to remove Trump. He would have to resign.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That Washington Post transcript is unbelievable.

To be honest it sounds like he is already making his excuses and bargaining that his campaign was a success because he won the primaries.

He knows he is done. He is already talking about getting his revenge on people.

well there's 2 sides of it

it shows he's dangerous and shouldn't be a presidential candidate. but it also shows he is planning for post election.

Republicans have to get rid of him ASAP... and if all he has is PAC ads against some guys, that's fine. can't have someone so wreckless in the chair... not only for the sake of the country but also for the sake of the republican party. If his presidency ends up being a disaster (which by all accounts, would be considering the last 5 days) then the Republican party would be fucked for decades and they are already losing the battle against young voters and immigrants.

The GOP really poisoned the well over there. When you get the kind of power they have in that state you have to be sure not to fuck it up.

Oh absolutely. Republican hopefuls are going to be racing back to the center and running on a platform of ousting Brownback and fixing the impressively high amount of damage he's done.

Kyle Cheney ‏@kyledcheney 22m22 minutes ago
Just bc there's lots of chatter about this tonight (not bc it's likely) the rule for filling vacant GOP nomination.

kd1IBR4.jpg

I don't see any scenario where Trump drops out. The GOP is going to have to eat this election and determine if they can even salvage the party from the Racist and Evangelical coalition.

It's very possible that we'll see quite a few Republicans switch to Libertarian by the midterm and try to squeeze the GOP.

Retro

11:50 pm on the East Coast. Think we can safely call this or is there a chance he'll try to juggle one more chainsaw in the next 10 minutes?

Today was a real Super Tuesday. Trying to unpack all the madness unleashed today alone could fill a book, a snapshot of a campaign coming undone in the space of 24 hours.

I'm still waiting for that George Dubya endorsement, feels like this would be the perfect week for them to come out and say something like, "you may not like her, but the other guy is insane."

Won't happen. Do you remember the South Carolina debate where Trump spent several opportunities shitting on him? The Bush family owes Trump NO favors.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't see any scenario where Trump drops out. The GOP is going to have to eat this election and determine if they can even salvage the party from the Racist and Evangelical coalition.

It's very possible that we'll see quite a few Republicans switch to Libertarian by the midterm and try to squeeze the GOP.

Agree. Trump's base of supporters would go ballistic. Even if most of them got over it, there would still be a large enough segment of the base that would remain bitter enough to abstain and cost them the election.

As I said a long time ago: there is no elegant, painless escape. The GOP is trapped.

Won't happen. Do you remember the South Carolina debate where Trump spent several opportunities shitting on him? The Bush family owes Trump NO favors.

I meant in favor of Hillary, would be the perfect time for them to twist the knife for what Trump did to Jeb. Everyone is angry at Trump right now and Dubya still seems sorta charismatic enough to pull it off without everyone giving him shit for Iraq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBgmJdyx8Ec

Teggy

Secret states. Can't mention them because he's got to secretly get ahead. Need the have secret rallies so no one knows. Swear the attendees to secrecy. Run secret commercials. Beam them to the chips in people's brains.

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?!

Katy Tur
‏@KatyTurNBC

Top republican: @Reince is 'apoplectic' over Trump's refusal to back Ryan. He called several Trump staffers to express his displeasure.

More from same source: The next 24 to 72 hours are crucial. There is serious talk about key Republicans coming out hard against Trump.

The party is going to dump Trump in

We legit might see Johnson hit 15% if enough GOP folks abandon the party for the year. Think of it like shithead holiday.

Edit: And damn, we're almost out of room here!

I love that he left the Ryan issue aside for like 5 minutes, then asks if he still wants a direct quote, gives back Ryan'a words. Then later makes a point of saying he's "not there yet" applied ONLY to Ryan.

Soooo petty

I meant in favor of Hillary, would be the perfect time for them to twist the knife for what Trump did to Jeb. Everyone is angry at Trump right now and Dubya still seems sorta charismatic enough to pull it off without everyone giving him shit for Iraq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBgmJdyx8Ec

Oh my bad. A Bush endorsement would be both confusing and beneficial for the Clinton campaign. I could see it helping her in places like Missouri, NC, SC, and Georgia.

Secret states. Can't mention them because he's got to secretly get ahead. Need the have secret rallies so no one knows. Swear the attendees to secrecy. Run secret commercials. Beam them to the chips in people's brains.

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?!

No beams....an army of couriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom