• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[POLL] How would you rate Ubisoft's Forward show?

How would you rate Ubisoft's Forward show?

• Total voters

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's exactly what I would have expected from a Ubisoft show, to be honest, minus the opening dance. The Rayman dream is dead and Mario+Rabbids 2 will be a Nintendo announcement.

3 release dates in the next 7 months is pretty nice for those who like Ubi games. It was fine.

They have completely lost it. I bought 12 games from them at launch on ps4. Enjoyed only 1. This show proved that they are not changing for the better, not for me anyways.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I didn't watch the show but watched trailers from the games and for what it was, it was great.

Whoever does Ubisoft trailers deserves a raise. They are excellent. It tells you why you should be very excited for their games and most of the time showed you gameplay and you get a good feel for the game. They may show you.. too much? But that's a nitpick.

Of course these are Ubisoft games so I probably won't be into them but credit where credit is due. Good show from what I saw for those are into those games.

hyperbertha

Oe7NH78.jpg

HE1NZ

Banned
Meh. Bring back E3. These bite size presentations scatered over months don't work.

Last edited:

sxodan

It was OK, no more no less. I actually liked Valhalla but just can't see myself playing Watch Dogs, no matter how good it looks.

LarknThe4th

It was shit, like many of these "AAA" Producers who cant seem to put together a product that is compelling in any way

Safe, boring and bloated

Thank the lord for console exclusives they are by design meant to be riskier and thus end up infinitely more interesting

brian0057

Banned
When Nintendo started the Directs in 2013: "Nice! If this pans out, every company will adopt this format and leave the cringe-worthy live shows in the past."
Literally any other company today that isn't Nintendo: "Holy shit, that was terrible! Please give us the cringe-worthy live shows back."

FYI, I'm a PC gamer. I just think Nintendo does it better.
EDIT: Devolver also does it well. Mainly because they found their own style instead of unironically ripping off Directs.

Last edited:

MetalRain

I think they have good games coming up, but making short movie about upcoming game seems unnecessary.

Last edited:

Solid Bra

I got tired of these cgi trailers, ubisoft or any gaming company should stop using cgi trailers, i feel like I've been fooled, when i saw the gameplay for watch dogs after the cgi trailer, i thought it was a ps3 game, + the lip reading is soo bad, is this ps3 + ps2 era?

Last edited:

whitesugar

Banned
isn't one game i would look forward to playing. i would give a few of them a go if/when they were on gamepass or + but i definitely wouldn't outright buy any of them. not seeing a step forward i any way from where these games were years ago

Last edited:

Hudo

The biggest fuck you was "Well, we've got another stream later this year!". And they said this during the same stream. Then why the fuck would you have this stream, when you've got more to announce but are (seemingly?) not ready? Like, what the fuck?

Last edited:
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I've enjoyed the recent Assassin's Creed, Far Cry & Watch Dogs titles. The new entries look cool, at first glance. Nothing else caught my attention.

It was an ok showing.

Denton

It was poor, but then again so were almost all Ubi showcases. WD Legion was mediocre and rest uninteresting to me. If there was some good, fresh looking gameplay from new Splinter Cell and FarCry and some cool new IP...but there was nothing of the sort.

GymWolf

Well let's see.

A cg presentation for fc6 (ubisoft probably internally call this cinematic gameplay trailer...)
30 minutes of what it looks like alpha or beta unimpressive footage for valhalla
Aaaaand...watch dogs diversity edition

My score is 4 covered harassments in the office out of 10.

Last edited:
Legion looks like great fun. Valhalla looks ok, don’t really feel like I need more AC games unless they switch up the formula or have a really compelling setting.

Farcry looked cool.

But making a cinematic trailer vs making a whole game are two different things. If it's a rehash with just story bits of decent quality, it would be a no go for me. Its pretty much an unknown.

Solid 2/10.

Top Bottom