• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon threatens to bomb the review of Earthworm Jim due to creators ‘sin’

sn0man

There is and it's absolutely glorious.

Thank you. I felt sorry for those poor demons dancing in front of them begging to be shot.

I assume bad on the way the movement and turning looked the person was on a console and never played anything that required simultaneous input of the dual sticks.

I do not want that person reviewing any FPS.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
‘ang on, ‘ang on young ‘arry...is this the Chris Scullion in question?

Here’s my take on it. Simply put, if you’re covering a game and you care so little about the game that you don’t even have the decency to pay attention to it, then – and pardon my vernacular here – fuck directly off.

The sheer contempt this article has for the game in question is breathtaking. Bear in mind here, it’s this person’s job to report on video games. On this particular day he has been sent to cover Rock Band 4. It doesn’t matter if he couldn’t care less about it or, as his writing implies, thinks it’s beneath him. It’s his fucking job.

Sometimes we do things we don’t want to do. Do you think sewage workers adore wading through shite? Can you imagine an estate agent putting up an ad for someone’s flat and writing “personally I don’t care for this apartment at all”?

It has always been my opinion that when a journalist makes themselves the story instead of the game they’re supposed to be covering, they’ve failed at doing their job.

Well, I couldn’t give a seventeenth of a fuck about what you have to say about politics in the Philippines. I clicked your link on your site, which is paying your wages, to read about the game you were sent to cover, and instead you have the gall to not only not bother doing so, but also go out of your way to essentially tell me “mate, I don’t like the game you’re interested in, so I’m not going to waste my time looking into it for you”.

:pie_thinking:

trikster40

I love what Szarek said: “Stop crucifying others because they don’t believe what you believe.”

Amen. Amen x 100.

Last edited:
How horrible is that purity tests and some assholes unability to separate the art from the artist, and the artist as a person from narrow-minded political allegiances and labels, is now an excuse to get games cancelled.
It was horrible when this forum did it for Eternal Darkness' sequel and its Kickstarter because of their vendetta with the developer, and it only became worse once this sort of tactics was weaponized on an industrial scale to enforce homogenity and obedience to game journalism cliques.

An Earthworm Jim sequel? Or anything from the same developers (Maui Mallard, Wild 9, Gargoyles)? Sign me in.

Top Bottom