• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polyphony Digital are being SO scummy with their nerfs, funneling players into having to spend real money to collect cars?

This just in, PlayStation exclusive gets review bombed on meta critic by none PlayStation owners.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

ethomaz

Banned
Why is GT3 5 races at 7.5 hours? 1.5 hours per race?
Yes… the highest prize is in the 1.5 hours endurance races.
Plus the cars are cheaper so you can buy the most expensive with 5 of these 1.5 hours race… I believe it was 2.5m the expensive car.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

Hmm. How to skirt the issue with NFTs?

It's seems like they failed personally on this one.
Seems like they have planned seasonal events and stuffs to cover give more credits to players like GT5/GT6.

NewChoppa

Banned
They don’t account the bonus credits you get from tickets too in GT7

You don't get tickets that often (after you finish the Cafe stuff you'll only get one a day after finishing your daily workout) and for the most part, you probably won't be winning big. I don't think the tickets change things up that much

ethomaz

Banned
Depends what they have planned for seasonal events and the like. But if they have big plans in that regard then it is past time to let people know that.
Yeap… that is how I read the Kaz post.

GT5/GT6 had a worst economy system than GT7 but you could get a lot of credits doing the Seasonal Events instead to grind campaign races… that is what I believe they are going to.

DJ12

Do they though?

GOW sitting at 9.1 use score. HZD at 8.4. Returnal at 7.3.

GT7? ....3.2

This is NOT the same as other Sony games. Do not try to paint this as the same. It's not. GT7 is rightfully be blasted for this.
Of course it is lol.

All the negative reviews have come pretty much in the last day and all talking about something that's been there since its released and obviously not being online.

But to be perfectly honest I don't care. Played the game last night, had fun. Will play tonight and have fun.

As most people who have the game will.

But do feel free to continue your crusade on PlayStation owners behalf.

GHG

Gold Member
An honest post, could you make a thread about iRacing as to explain Orr the details and talk about this game? I only heard about it twice, and I think both times it was from you.

Slow your roll.

Try reading the thread and then you will see when it was brought up and by whom.

But if you're being genuine I'm not wasting my time making a thread about it here. We had/have a sim racing thread but it was deader than dead:

Last edited:

Killer8

It's baffling how people are rushing to the defense of the game wasting more of your time and trying to shake you down for more money.

Also seems like some people are just focusing on the credits per hour and neglecting the other aspects of the game economy like car price. This is how long it takes to buy the highest price car in each game:

Gran Turismo 4 – 2.7 hours (32 races)
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.07) – 17.8 hours (333 races)

That's over 6 times as long. Many cars which have been in all of the games, like say the Honda S2000 '99, are costing 3 times as much as in previous games. It's like super inflation has affected GT world but everyone's wages have been cut in half.

Just disgusting, really.

Last edited:

Vognerful

Slow your roll.

Try reading the thread and then you will see when it was brought up and by whom.
I honestly didn't mean to troll you. I swear. I meant what I said because I felt the discussion would be in "toxic" environment!

But I will go back and read your posts.

GHG

Gold Member
I honestly didn't mean to troll you. I swear. I meant what I said because I felt the discussion would be in "toxic" environment!

But I will go back and read your posts.

No worries mate, understood. Have a look at my edit in my previous post. That's pretty much the extent of the community for these types of games here unfortunately.

Ex6adE4.jpg

The credit nerf outrage is a bit of an overreaction tbh. Sure, the most expensive cars are like 10,000,000Cr, but if I am having fun playing the game, eventually I'm gonna have that FAT STACK of Cr, the joke is on PD right? Because I ain't about to buy a car with actual money lol. And most hardcore racing fans that I know will just slog through a racing game day in/day out, nothing like having a hard-to-achieve target to aim for.

Now, I haven't opened my copy, so I may recant my entire statement, but for example, from what I could find, one of the quickest races is Serdega Windmill, with adjusted Cr scaling you can get 60K if you get the clean driving bonus in about 3:45 minutes of racing, so maybe looking at 200-ish hours to theoretically have enough money to buy every car in GT7?

if 200-ish hours is accurate, that isn't too bad for some hard-core race fans. But, I understand it if even some hardcore racing fans disagree with that statement, different strokes for different folks, right? What fun would it be if you could unlock/get everything in like, 25 hours?

Faithless83

Banned
Wasn't there a way to essentially have the car running in the track for hours in GT Sport so you could hack money AFK?
Isn't there a way to do the same in GT7?

Just asking... not doing it as I can't even afford GT7 right now. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Lognor

Banned
Of course it is lol.

All the negative reviews have come pretty much in the last day and all talking about something that's been there since its released and obviously not being online.

But to be perfectly honest I don't care. Played the game last night, had fun. Will play tonight and have fun.

As most people who have the game will.

But do feel free to continue your crusade on PlayStation owners behalf.
No it really isn't. If you think it's only people that don't own a PS4/5 that are reviewing bombing this game you're delusional. Owners of GT7 are rightfully pissed. And you don't think those of us who don't own the game can comment and discuss the shit show that this is? We absolutely can. We don't want to see this online requirement continue with other games. So we need to be heard and let Sony know this bs is not okay.

Remember back when the Xbox One was going to be online only? Who were the ones complaining about that? EVERYONE. So no need to gatekeep against those who don't own the game but think this is complete bs. If you're happy with this then good for you. Most of us are not.

DJ12

No it really isn't. If you think it's only people that don't own a PS4/5 that are reviewing bombing this game you're delusional. Owners of GT7 are rightfully pissed. And you don't think those of us who don't own the game can comment and discuss the shit show that this is? We absolutely can. We don't want to see this online requirement continue with other games. So we need to be heard and let Sony know this bs is not okay.

Remember back when the Xbox One was going to be online only? Who were the ones complaining about that? EVERYONE. So no need to gatekeep against those who don't own the game but think this is complete bs. If you're happy with this then good for you. Most of us are not.
Like I said most.

Sony have some drama queen's too, unfortunately that isn't exclusive to other platforms.

graywolf323

Gold Member
After ask so many times here in this thread without any reply finally an article comparing GT games.

Credits per hour (via races)
Gran Turismo 6 – 3.55m credits/hr
Gran Turismo Sport – 2.04m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.06) – 1.75m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 4 – 1.69m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 2 – 1.35m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 5 – 0.87m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.07) – 0.85m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 3 – 0.50m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 1 – 0.50m credits/hr

Time to get the highest priced car (via races)
Gran Turismo 1 – 1 hour (8 races)
Gran Turismo 2 – 1.5 hours (14 races)
Gran Turismo 4 – 2.7 hours (32 races)
Gran Turismo 6 – 5.8 hours (90 races)
Gran Turismo 3 – 7.5 hours (5 races)
Gran Turismo Sport – 9.9 hours (84 races)
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.06) – 10.9 hours (205 races)
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.07) – 17.8 hours (333 races)
Gran Turismo 5 – 23.3 hours (315 races)

PS. Why via races... well it doesn't include bonus login (GT5/GT6) or ticket lottery (GTS/GT7) and others forms of get credit without race.

as an outside observer who doesn't care for sim races, it does seem like the 1.07 patch made things worse based on these statistics

Top Bottom