• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polyphony Digital are being SO scummy with their nerfs, funneling players into having to spend real money to collect cars?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There was 2 races with increased rewards as they gave almost nothing before.
There was 16 races with rewards slashed by 30-60%
Most of the tracks dropped about 30-40%. Those 24 hour races went up a lot, and a few outliers were dropped 50% or more.

Most were 30-40%. Doing reverse math, it basically means playing those events, you'll have to play them 50% more to get the same amount.

For example, any that went from 35,000 to 25,000, you could play it twice before (get 70,000), but now to get the same money you got to play it three times (get 75,000).

Last edited:

CZY

What are real life payment numbers like? If im a pro driver what should I expect to get paid for running a five-minute, 2-lap race? I don’t see anything wrong with getting five grand etc for some of these kiddie races. What is bothering me quite a bit is the lack of bigger, longer events that pay accordingly. Haven’t seen a single one yet.

So grind for hundreds of hours to unlock all the cars
pretty sure you did that in the older GT games to
GT has always been a grind game did people not know this
the difference is that they added real money to buy cars in game now but you can still grind for the cars it will just take you way longer
but with the way people been bitching about longer games maybe they have no patience for games exceeding 100 plus hours now lol

LOLCats

Banned
I love how the mods think every comment is a fucking console war...

can people have fucking opinions, like in an opinion thread? You sensitive mods can go fuck yourselves, its not all about console wars a lot of people dont care about that shit you know, in fact id say more people get upset when they are disappointed in a company they support or are a fan of. This is an example of sony abusing its fans.

i will state again: gt7 is bullshit cashgrab and sony should be fucking embarrassed.

EviLore EviLore my comment comparing how forza treats players right vs how gt7 is treating its players terribly was deleted, "because console warring". is this a forum where normal thoughts are censored? Do i have a history of console warring that some mod thought they saw?

Please explain, or you know ill just stop spending time on your site.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I love how the mods think every comment is a fucking console war...

can people have fucking opinions, like in an opinion thread? You sensitive mods can go fuck yourselves.

i will state again: gt7 is bullshit cashgrab and sony should be fucking embarrassed.

EviLore EviLore my comment comparing how forza treats players right vs how gt7 is treating its players terribly was deleted, "because console warring". is this a forum where normal thoughts are censored? Do i have a history of console warring that some mod thought they saw?

Please explain, or you know ill just stop spending time on your site.
Which thread was it in? I’ll take a look. If it was a large thread it’ll help to know the date as well.

Keihart

You have to prove this to me. I never felt like I had to do anymore than I normally would when I was playing DMC5. Nor with any jrpg I've played. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but going out of your way to put sand in your vagina (not you, in general)because it MIGHT be the case is baffling. Most times it seems more perceived from hearing about it than actually noticing.
DMC5 mtx are a joke, the dev themselves made them irrelevant, it was probably something pushed by suits and made irrelevant by the dev team.
The faust hat? the free bunch of gold orbs you get for just login on? quite contrary to previous games, DMC5 is the game were you can farm red orbs the fastest.

This news sounds quite the opposite to DMCV's situation, they are not making it easier to get currency.

Vognerful

You're confused because you clearly have no experience with iracing, if you did you'd know the difference.

Here are the weekly races for GT7:

Gran-Turismo%E2%84%A2-7_20220314103604-1024x576.jpg

And here are the weekly races for iracing:

ledqxue.jpg

jEQQ1q5.jpg

mfFWBxG.jpg

j3rEzQV.jpg

It's not even a competition in terms of race event selection. And those are only the fixed races (no custom setups allowed). You can see for yourself here:

Beyond that you get seasonal endurance races (including 12/24h races) and a robust points and appeals system (yes, if you are unjustly deemed to be at fault for an incident and it has dire consequences for your irating/safety rating then there is actually a way to appeal via real people).

So no, the online system in GT7/Sport is not "unrivaled". Maybe on consoles, but in the grand scheme of things it's lacking in a number of key areas. I actually hoped they would improve things after sport but instead they have made things worse in a number of key areas.

And for the record, I'm someone who would like them to actually sort their shit out in this area because I'd race a lot:

5LlPrXP.jpg

Nah, see above.
An honest post, could you make a thread about iRacing as to explain Orr the details and talk about this game? I only heard about it twice, and I think both times it was from you.

skit_data

My internet is down at the moment (literally never happened before during my 10 years of living in this apartment) so I can’t access GT7 anyway.

For now this doesn’t affect me but I’ll probably come back and rage in this thread in a few hours if my ISP manages to fix the issues before PD fixes GT7.

Draugoth

Gold Member

R8joMKS.jpg

A new patch for Gran Turismo 7 has reduced the amount of in-game currency many races reward, thereby making it harder to unlock new cars, even after widespread criticism of the game’s microtransations.

The racer’s latest patch (version 1.07) has reduced the payout of several races, while fixing two late-game races that were being used to farm credits due to a bug. While many racing games feature microtransactions, some of the more high-end cars in GT7 are so expensive that they require a significant amount of gameplay to obtain enough credits to buy them via normal means (with some cars potentially taking dozens of hours of racing).

According to Discord user ddm, the following races have had their payout changed (new payout in bold):

• World Touring Car 800: 24 heures du Mans Racing Circuit: 5,000 Cr – 70,000 Cr
  • World Touring Car 800: Monza Circuit: 5,000 Cr – 70,000 Cr
  • World Rally Challenge: Alsace Village: 50,000 Cr – 30,000 Cr
  • Dirt Champions: Fisherman’s Ranch: 65,000 Cr – 30,000 Cr
  • Dirt Champions: Sardegna Windmills: 65,000 Cr – 40,000 Cr
  • Dirt Champions: Colorado Springs Lake: 65,000 Cr – 40,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 4: HIgh-Speed Ring: 65,000 Cr – 35,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 4: Brands Hatch GP Circuit: 65,000 Cr – 45,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Spa Francorchamps: 75,000 Cr – 50,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Suzuka Circuit: 75,000 Cr – 50,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Autodrome Lago Maggiore: 75,000 Cr – 50,000 Cr
  • Clubman Cup Plus: High Speed Ring: 35,000 Cr – 25,000 Cr
  • Clubman Cup Plus: Tsukuba Circuit: 35,000 Cr – 25,000 Cr
  • Clubman Cup Plus: Goodwood: 35,000 Cr – 12,000 Cr
  • American Clubman Cup 700: Special Stage Route X: 30,000 Cr – 15,000 Cr
  • American FR Challenge 550: Blue Moon Bay Speedway : 15,000 Cr – 10,000 Cr
  • American FR Challenge 550: Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca: 15,000 Cr – 10,000 Cr
  • American FR Challenge 550: Willow Springs Raceway: 15,000 Cr – 10,000 Cr

And to think, if all those people no-lifeing the game and “earning” 850,000cr/hr instead invested 3 hours into a job earning $30/hr, they could buy all the cars under the sun in game…I kid, I kid ;), but really, I imagine they didn't design it to have all cars unlock within the first week of playing. One of the problems that put people off of Forza, for instance, was how cars are just thrown at you which reduces the feeling of progression. There's certainly a place for that, as Forza is obviously popular, but there's also a place for the long haul and feeling like you've earned something after an extended period of time and skill committed.

ethomaz

Banned
After ask so many times here in this thread without any reply finally an article comparing GT games.

Credits per hour (via races)
Gran Turismo 6 – 3.55m credits/hr
Gran Turismo Sport – 2.04m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.06) – 1.75m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 4 – 1.69m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 2 – 1.35m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 5 – 0.87m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.07) – 0.85m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 3 – 0.50m credits/hr
Gran Turismo 1 – 0.50m credits/hr

Time to get the highest priced car (via races)
Gran Turismo 1 – 1 hour (8 races)
Gran Turismo 2 – 1.5 hours (14 races)
Gran Turismo 4 – 2.7 hours (32 races)
Gran Turismo 6 – 5.8 hours (90 races)
Gran Turismo 3 – 7.5 hours (5 races)
Gran Turismo Sport – 9.9 hours (84 races)
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.06) – 10.9 hours (205 races)
Gran Turismo 7 (v1.07) – 17.8 hours (333 races)
Gran Turismo 5 – 23.3 hours (315 races)

PS. Why via races... well it doesn't include bonus login (GT5/GT6) or ticket lottery (GTS/GT7) and others forms of get credit without race.

Last edited:

DJ12

Holy shit! What a dumpster fire. Great way to lose a fan base
To be fair a good portion of those negative reviews would be people that haven't even played the game finally having something the can post a negative review about.

You know like a good portion of people moaning here are those that don't have a PlayStation.

Guilty_AI

And to think, if all those people no-lifeing the game and “earning” 850,000cr/hr instead invested 3 hours into a job earning $30/hr, they could buy all the cars under the sun in game…I kid, I kid ;), but really, I imagine they didn't design it to have all cars unlock within the first week of playing. One of the problems that put people off of Forza, for instance, was how cars are just thrown at you which reduces the feeling of progression. There's certainly a place for that, as Forza is obviously popular, but there's also a place for the long haul and feeling like you've earned something after an extended period of time and skill committed.
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different cars.

As for cost, they selected initial values based upon data from previous games and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, they're probably looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and they'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

All of this will be a nice candid feedback, and shows the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here, GT forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Pretty sure the team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as they can.

kevm3

Spending $90 on top of a game that already costs $70 isn't a thing consumers want to do. These companies are becoming so greedy, they not only are charging more for games compared to previous generations, but altering the game to encourage additional purchases, essentially making the game feel like a F2P aka pay to win.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Spending $90 on top of a game that already costs $70 isn't a thing consumers want to do. These companies are becoming so greedy, they not only are charging more for games compared to previous generations, but altering the game to encourage additional purchases, essentially making the game feel like a F2P aka pay to win.
While MTX suck in a lot of games, and 99% of the time I don't spend on them, if the consumer doesn't want it then they won't spend and they will get the hint. Sadly, I think the opposite will happen, judging by the myriad of revenue streams in current year with DLC/MTX from mobile to PC and everything in between.

It's also not P2W, at all in this type of game. A game with race restrictions, player skill needed, and cheaper cars that can be built as nasty as the top "exotics."

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Where are the "I have internet, no worries" warriors now?

Still right here Waiting patiently like an adult without throwing many tantrums and screaming to the sky is falling and my hobby is dead becouse the inevitable day the servers have issues occured within 2 weeks of launch instead of after 6 months on a online only game.

After ask so many times here in this thread without any reply finally an article comparing GT games.

PS. Why via races... well it doesn't include bonus login (GT5/GT6) or ticket lottery (GTS/GT7) and others forms of get credit without race.

I appreciate the info, interesting to see. No one in the thread is gonna seem to care as it will directly challenge thier current plan of shouting at clouds. The realities of the business cost of creating, producing and maintaining a complex software package that is supposed to be profitable over years time all the while keeping prices sub $100 per game on a AAA title is an extraterrestrial concept to this lot, and data proving the reality that thier emotions are irrelevantly incorrect is going to be ignored

Gamerguy84

I have the game but don't understand the outrage. I haven't got into yet so I don't know what was there and what was taken away. I'm trying to finish HFW first before jumping in.

The outrage is good though if warranted because they'll buckle and we'll end up with a better game as a result.

Guilty_AI

I have the game but don't understand the outrage. I haven't got into yet so I don't know what was there and what was taken away. I'm trying to finish HFW first before jumping in.

The outrage is good though if warranted because they'll buckle and we'll end up with a better game as a result.
Car prices are through the roof. Some of the most expensive super cars cost from 2M to 4M credits which translates to repeating races around 80 times to get just a single one of these cars.... unless you open your wallet and pay 20$ to 40$ for the credits. On top of that they nerfed the rewards for most races in a recent update.

As the icing on the cake is that right now servers have been down for more than 24 hours, and since the game forces an online connection people can't play outside a very limited offline mode.

in your opinion, approximately how long should it take to earn the best cars with in-game currency?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Why is GT3 5 races at 7.5 hours? 1.5 hours per race?

GenericUser

Car prices are through the roof. Some of the most expensive super cars cost from 2M to 4M credits which translates to repeating races around 80 times to get just a single one of these cars.... unless you open your wallet and pay 20$ to 40$ for the credits. On top of that they nerfed the rewards for most races in a recent update.

As the icing on the cake is that right now servers have been down for more than 24 hours, and since the game forces an online connection people can't play outside a very limited offline mode.
also: you can't sell cars anymore. That feature alone made it so, that you could easily double the earned credits per championship in past gran turismos (dunno about GT6, didn't play).
So not only did you get more credits per race in the past but many cars where also cheaper AND you could sell earned cars to save up for the car you wished to buy.

How people can defend this change is beyond me, but to each their own.

I appreciate the info, interesting to see. No one in the thread is gonna seem to care as it will directly challenge thier current plan of shouting at clouds. The realities of the business cost of creating, producing and maintaining a complex software package that is supposed to be profitable over years time all the while keeping prices sub $100 per game on a AAA title is an extraterrestrial concept to this lot, and data proving the reality that thier emotions are irrelevantly incorrect is going to be ignored
Weird take when the article proves that GT7 is literally the grindiest GT ever.

MMaRsu

Banned

Keep your nose in that Sony butthole baby

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

R8joMKS.jpg

According to Discord user ddm, the following races have had their payout changed (new payout in bold):

• World Touring Car 800: 24 heures du Mans Racing Circuit: 5,000 Cr – 70,000 Cr
  • World Touring Car 800: Monza Circuit: 5,000 Cr – 70,000 Cr
  • World Rally Challenge: Alsace Village: 50,000 Cr – 30,000 Cr
  • Dirt Champions: Fisherman’s Ranch: 65,000 Cr – 30,000 Cr
  • Dirt Champions: Sardegna Windmills: 65,000 Cr – 40,000 Cr
  • Dirt Champions: Colorado Springs Lake: 65,000 Cr – 40,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 4: HIgh-Speed Ring: 65,000 Cr – 35,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 4: Brands Hatch GP Circuit: 65,000 Cr – 45,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Spa Francorchamps: 75,000 Cr – 50,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Suzuka Circuit: 75,000 Cr – 50,000 Cr
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Autodrome Lago Maggiore: 75,000 Cr – 50,000 Cr
  • Clubman Cup Plus: High Speed Ring: 35,000 Cr – 25,000 Cr
  • Clubman Cup Plus: Tsukuba Circuit: 35,000 Cr – 25,000 Cr
  • Clubman Cup Plus: Goodwood: 35,000 Cr – 12,000 Cr
  • American Clubman Cup 700: Special Stage Route X: 30,000 Cr – 15,000 Cr
  • American FR Challenge 550: Blue Moon Bay Speedway : 15,000 Cr – 10,000 Cr
  • American FR Challenge 550: Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca: 15,000 Cr – 10,000 Cr
  • American FR Challenge 550: Willow Springs Raceway: 15,000 Cr – 10,000 Cr

Payout changed, as in the rewards you get for beating them ?

Looks like outside of the first 2, the rest all got reduces, some drastically so. Polyphony have learnt the wrong lesson from all the MTX bullshit over the last few years.

reksveks

At the same time the pricing of cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it’s important for it to be linked with the real world prices.

Hmm. How to skirt the issue with NFTs?

I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again.
It's seems like they failed personally on this one.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

See this bold bit, that bit has nothing to do with the article quoted in the post, and is just a rant about how "AAA gaming is just too expensive to produce over the long term, please just think of the developers its impossible". The Article specifically talks about how cash flow is terrible in GT7 compared to literally all its predecessor's.

I'd link a few articles about the phantom of AAA costs and a fair few examples of games that Sony have produced themselves with extended support and no additional cash flows, but I don't feel like getting "thanks for the intresting info" followed by several paragraphs about how everyone is just "concern trolling".

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
To be fair a good portion of those negative reviews would be people that haven't even played the game finally having something the can post a negative review about.

You know like a good portion of people moaning here are those that don't have a PlayStation.
To be fair, it doesn't matter. The game is getting bad press now. That will affect sales. And that is what matters to Sony. They gotta fix this asap. At this point they really should just remove the mandatory online for the single player mode. That was always a ridiculous thing to include. Between this and the ridiculous price to purchase cars, this isn't looking pretty.

DJ12

To be fair, it doesn't matter. The game is getting bad press now. That will affect sales. And that is what matters to Sony. They gotta fix this asap. At this point they really should just remove the mandatory online for the single player mode. That was always a ridiculous thing to include. Between this and the ridiculous price to purchase cars, this isn't looking pretty.
This just in, PlayStation exclusive gets review bombed on meta critic by none PlayStation owners.

I think you give yourself and others like you too much credit about how this stuff effects the masses.

Lognor

Banned
This just in, PlayStation exclusive gets review bombed on meta critic by none PlayStation owners.

I think you give yourself and others like you too much credit about how this stuff effects the masses.
Do they though?

GOW sitting at 9.1 use score. HZD at 8.4. Returnal at 7.3.

GT7? ....3.2

This is NOT the same as other Sony games. Do not try to paint this as the same. It's not. GT7 is rightfully be blasted for this.

Top Bottom