• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polyphony Digital is “Considering” Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

GTPlanet is here in Monaco for the Gran Turismo World Finals and Gran Turismo’s 25th Anniversary event, and we had the chance to sit down with GT series creator Kazunori Yamauchi.

A lot has changed since we last spoke to Yamauchi-san, and one of the more interesting developments in the industry is the release of titles from major first-party PlayStation Studios on the PC.

Some of Sony’s biggest franchises have already made their way to the platform, including Santa Monica Studio’s God of War, Insomniac Games’ Spider-Man, and Naughty Dog’s Uncharted 4, with more expected to follow.

Naturally, this has led many to speculate if Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo series could also be making the jump, and we were curious to ask Yamauchi-san if that was something he would consider.

“Yes, I do think so,” Yamauchi replied.

But, there are some caveats.

“Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title,” Yamauchi-san explained. “There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It’s not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it.”

GreatnessRD

I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME!!!!!!!!!

Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

modiz

“Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title,” Yamauchi-san explained. “There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively, so one way we make that possible is to narrow down the platform. It’s not a very easy subject, but of course, we are looking into it and considering it.”
LMAO, they released the game at 1080p and variable frame rate on PS4 so this is all just PR. Release the game on PC and let gamers find out what hardware they need.

Aaron Olive

translated: We already have a PC version of the game that is just waiting Sony approval to be released
Yeah it was already leaked in the GeForce documentation.

“Gran Turismo is a very finely tuned title,” Yamauchi-san explained. “There are not many platforms which could run the game in 4K/60p natively”

Talking out his ass as usual, game launched horribly and took nearly 9 months to add a car selling system that was on the marketing material.

Last edited:

Uiki

Why are people so interested in seeing GT on PC? Aren't there multiple games that are much better at simulation?
I fail to see what GT brings to the PC world except for a big name
Yes, much better.
But multiplayer is shockingly stuck in 1999, unless you play iRacing with that giant cost of entry.
GT stole the "infrastructure" and it's way less demanding than that. It can be a good entry point.

Last edited:
Yes, much better.
But multiplayer is shockingly stuck in 1999, unless you play iRacing with that giant cost of entry.
GT stole the "infrastructure" and it's way less demanding than that. It can be a good entry point.
Has any racing game had a great online system? pricks can always ruin an online experience in racing.

Klosshufvud

Why are people so interested in seeing GT on PC? Aren't there multiple games that are much better at simulation?
GT games have exceptional presentation and detail. They are a perfect middle ground between arcade and simulator. It's also really comfy playing its SP modes with you progressing through various cups and such to acquire better cars. The appeal of Gran Turismo is much more than just simulation. There's something unique and innate to GT that you can only feel when actually playing it. Again, that perfect middle ground between accessibility and simulation. Not to mention the sheer size of its car and track library.

I just bought GT7 on PS5 but if it gets a PC port, I'll definitely get that instead.

GHG

Gold Member
Has any racing game had a great online system? pricks can always ruin an online experience in racing.

iracing and GT from Sport onwards are the only racing games with good online systems that do an effective job of dealing with arseholes.

Beyond that your only other options are Assetto Corsa Competizione or Rfactor 2 using LFM.

Last edited:

MikeM

Yes! Gladly buy this day one on PC. Been holding out on PS5 for price drops but after this, i’ll hold longer.

It will probably happen eventually. Yet people still think PlayStation ports will be years off after they release on console? I still doubt it. GT7 just came out months ago and we are already hearing rumors of a port.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
GT has a personality and simplicity to it that other sims fail to replicate, Assetto corsa is too technical for many new players and requires a race wheel to be used properly, also craptons of mods up the wazoo to make it look good while GT comes out of the box with good visuals. it would be a good 'entry sim.'

skit_data

Wasn’t GT7 in the Gforce Now leak?

Kinda wierd it was there if they’re still at the ”considering”-stage ~2 years later

mortal

Gold Member
At this points, would console exist in the future?
Why would they not exist?

Consoles serve as a more affordable and convenient option, and are already optimized to play the latest games on the market.
The average person that plays video games won't go out of their way to buy parts to build a gaming PC.

That isn't going to change because Sony is porting their 1st party titles to PC and pleasing the smaller, more avid/enthusiast/hardcore gamer audiences.
So long as there is demand for consoles, they will continue to exist.

Top Bottom