• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poor optimization or is the Series X/PS5 underpowered? Dying light 2 as reference

intbal

I don't think any of the youtube "analyst" channels actually made a video covering this. Everyone mentioned it, but nobody went to the trouble of showing it off.
So here's a video of the unlocked framerate mode for Series X.

As he points out, the framerate is high enough that a 60hz mode really ought to be pushing a much higher resolution than 1080p. Even if the framerate occasionally dips into the high 50s (hey, that's what VRR is for), it would be worth it to get the game running at 1440p/60hz.
Sony really needs to enable VRR and 1440p output ASAP.

SIAP

Last edited:
I don't think any of the youtube "analyst" channels actually made a video covering this. Everyone mentioned it, but nobody went to the trouble of showing it off.
So here's a video of the unlocked framerate mode for Series X.

As he points out, the framerate is high enough that a 60hz mode really ought to be pushing a much higher resolution than 1080p. Even if the framerate occasionally dips into the high 50s (hey, that's what VRR is for), it would be worth it to get the game running at 1440p/60hz.
Sony really needs to enable VRR and 1440p output ASAP.

SIAP

Sony- for the players. If I had a Series X right now I'd be pissed at techland too for not making a 1440p mode. Actually, there's no good reason ps5 shouldn't also have that. So what if the framerate drops into the upper 40's at times. Give us the option!

Top Bottom