• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible huge pricing error at Gamestop.com | 2 Series S for the price of 1

RareJordan

Yesterday over 2 weeks past the initial order I made, they charged me $299 again and shipped out the Fortnite xbox that shows as canceled. Absolutely insane. I wonder if there's a way to permanently block from charging me. This is turning into a nightmare.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yesterday over 2 weeks past the initial order I made, they charged me $299 again and shipped out the Fortnite xbox that shows as canceled. Absolutely insane. I wonder if there's a way to permanently block from charging me. This is turning into a nightmare.
You can request all transactions too be blocked from a vendor if you call your card services.

Usually if you do a charge Back the vendor will blacklist the card as well.

TCGaddict

Neo Member
PayPal closed today on this finally in my favor.

Apparently GameStop never responded.
How long did it take to resolve? You did a chargeback? I'm still undecided whether to do that or try to ship it back to them as a return. It would be messed up if it got lost during transit and I'm on the hook for it or they didn't refund me the full amount because of whatever number massaging they're doing.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
How long did it take to resolve? You did a chargeback? I'm still undecided whether to do that or try to ship it back to them as a return. It would be messed up if it got lost during transit and I'm on the hook for it or they didn't refund me the full amount because of whatever number massaging they're doing.
Took about ten days.

Opened a dispute with PayPal. I gave them a long narrative with dates and screen shots.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
USER-SCOPED-TEMP-DATA-orca-image-1723839809.jpg

Uh....

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just make sure to check your credit card and make sure GS doesn't try to retroactively bill you.
Good advice. I just checked my Paypal account and the previously dropped pre-authorization is now back. Strangely, it still has the original Nov 25th date. Paypal support is worthless, they won't do anything until the pre-authorization becomes an actual charge.

Once again - what a mess.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Wait wait wait....

I am actually seeing now a RETURN of the initial price from Gamestop now. This is after my CC already refunded me.

Last edited:

elliot5

Wait wait wait....

I am actually seeing now a RETURN of the initial price from Gamestop now. This is after my CC already refunded me.
huh? like gamestop is refunding you again? So you're getting free money and series S or what lmao. Or the charge returned

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
huh? like gamestop is refunding you again? So you're getting free money and series S or what lmao. Or the charge returned
They claimed they never charged me which is why i did the CC chargeback. That went through but now today, as this showed up, I am seeing yesterday they refunded me. (this is well after I gave them the 3-5 business days they said they needed to process the refund)

So yes. As of now they have given me a box I didnt pay for, or order, as they did a return to sender on both boxes, and now have refunded me. So I am up $331 dollars and have a series S.

I feel like this can't stand but the way this has gone it would be hilarious.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Do you understand a CREDIT SCORE and how credit doesn't just disappear, this is only a few steps from "cutting up my card absolves all my debt" level of thinking.
Getting the bank to issue you a new card with a different number won't affect credit score. The question was how to prevent GameStop from charging you again and that was an answer. They weren't saying not to pay the bill. They were saying to change the card number. That might not actually stop subsequent charges, though.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Getting the bank to issue you a new card with a different number won't affect credit score. The question was how to prevent GameStop from charging you again and that was an answer. They weren't saying not to pay the bill. They were saying to change the card number. That might not actually stop subsequent charges, though.
IF Gamestop is CHARGING YOU something, then changing your bank number won't make those other charges "disappear".

They'll send you to collections, or something like that, they'll get their money, and fuck up your credit either way.

Last edited:

doctorwu

Neo Member
Im broke sorry.
Did you get the packing slip in the box? If so, is the order number matched to the original one? The packing slip I got, the order number is not matched and came with a 6k total invoice. Very strange. Right now I don't even know what to do. Can't really return to store with 6k number on packing slip.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
For anyone that wants to return a console and is alright with store credit, this has worked for me in the past:

Tell them you received the console as a gift but don't want it and they didn't give you the gift receipt. You didn't want to ask for the receipt and seem ungrateful, but you did find out they purchased it from "this store".

As long as everything is sealed up they have always given me store credit. Works at Target and Walmart, but I'm not totally sure about GameStop or other retailers.

Edit: I could be wrong about the retailers so best to call first and confirm.

Last edited:

baphomet

IF Gamestop is CHARGING YOU something, then changing your bank number won't make those other charges "disappear".

They'll send you to collections, or something like that, they'll get their money, and fuck up your credit either way.

You're not comprehending what he's saying.

doctorwu

Neo Member
For anyone that wants to return a console and is alright with store credit, this has worked for me in the past:

Tell them you received the console as a gift but don't want it and they didn't give you the gift receipt. You didn't want to ask for the receipt and seem ungrateful, but you did find out they purchased it from "this store".

As long as everything is sealed up they have always given me store credit. Works at Target and Walmart, but I'm not totally sure about GameStop or other retailers.
Target has a limit. $100 per year per person with no receipt store return. Walmart, not sure. I tried just returning the controller and they gave me hard time. They eventually did give me the store credit. But I think there is a limit too. GameStop, the store near me, told me they won’t accept return without receipt.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Did you get the packing slip in the box? If so, is the order number matched to the original one? The packing slip I got, the order number is not matched and came with a 6k total invoice. Very strange. Right now I don't even know what to do. Can't really return to store with 6k number on packing slip.
Theres no packing slip actually.

jaysius

Banned
You're not comprehending what he's saying.
He's not thinking about what he's saying.

If something is OWED it will follow you, no matter what your banking number changes to.

Some of you people's knowledge of money is scary, a CHARGE that is coming to YOUR BANK NUMBER will FOLLOW YOUR OLD BANK NUMBER and CREDIT SCORE to the grave, outstanding charges DO NOT "disappear" because you've "ghosted" the charger, it'll impact your credit history... jesus. If the bank number that they're charging doesn't "exist" anymore they'll just get another company to hunt you down.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I expect to see posts from this thread in 2023 with people still either trying to get their money back or stop GameStop from randomly trying to get their $300 back by charging credit card numbers months or years later......

shoplifter

I expect to see posts from this thread in 2023 with people still either trying to get their money back or stop GameStop from randomly trying to get their $300 back by charging credit card numbers months or years later......

About that….

Gamestop tried to authorize my payment LAST NIGHT for the third Series S they added to my order over a year ago “to properly fulfill the order”.

Thankfully the payment method was no longer valid and it failed, so they sent me a kind notification to change my payment method.

Check your bank statements, kids.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
About that….

Gamestop tried to authorize my payment LAST NIGHT for the third Series S they added to my order over a year ago “to properly fulfill the order”.

Thankfully the payment method was no longer valid and it failed, so they sent me a kind notification to change my payment method.

Check your bank statements, kids.

So shady, the company so reminds of being slimed by a really bad used car salesman. Blows my mind that they are still in business.

Top Bottom