• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible huge pricing error at Gamestop.com | 2 Series S for the price of 1

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This is what happens when you try and profit from an obvious glitch lol.

to the surprise of no one

knew they wouldn’t honour your orders :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Exactly. I’m no fan of GameStop, but people had to realize it realistically wasn’t going to happen. Still rooting for those that got shipping notifications and were only charged the lowered price. But they need to realize a lot of the time when it says shipped it only means a shipping label has been printed.
IBH.gif

Im kidding you nerds, dont get too upset.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hah. same. i didn't realize until u said it. They did send a coupon code for $10. But the GPU code wasn't in the email.
For me it came in a separate email. Here's what it looked like, in case it went into your spam or trash or something:

DB4c0JN.png

MrA

Banned
so did anyone that gamestop charged for additional systems actually have the charge go through?
I'd assume none did as I bet their lawyers told them it was a bad idea to make an unauthorized charge

Flintty

I'm not even mad. Congrats to those who got the dirt cheap XSS! Bravo. I wish they had this fuckup in UK so I could get one for the living room. Family having to make do with the 1X since I stole the XSX for the cave :p

gt86

They pretty much told me the same thing. Only difference is that the original charge that had settled yesterday disappeared from my card transaction history overnight. But I also got an email this morning telling me that my bundle will be shipping soon.

So right now I have no charge to my credit card, no console, a new email telling me my console is about to ship, a code for 3 months of Gamepass, and a $10 GameStop gift card. This is weird.
Yea they took the $299 console charge off my order and only showing a charge for $9.99. Not sure what is going on. But both consoles will be here tomorrow.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yea they took the $299 console charge off my order and only showing a charge for $9.99. Not sure what is going on. But both consoles will be here tomorrow.
God damn lol.

I have the original $331ish charge that has gone through and the mystery 48.75, charge still sitting in pending.

kiphalfton

Fed Ex is fucking shit show for me right now so I don't think i will be able to get my packages. I am trying to get a XSX for a buddy I ordered from Walmart and the refuse to leave it at my door or let me pick it up somewhere even though I was told 4 times that if I sign the slip they left they would leave it.

I am seeing the same "shipping restrictions" on the other two XSS packages coming from GS. So I am probably fucked lol.

FedEx is always a PITA to deal with. Especially when signature confirmation is required. When I didn't work from home, I pretty much had to take part of the day off to make sure I was at home to sign for a package, as FedEx would do 1-3 delivery attempts before sending it back to the sender.

They also have a really bad track record when it comes to meeting the original estimated delivery date, as my packages are generally always late. For instance I had 3 packages scheduled for delivery today, and I don't believe any of them actually got delivered today.

Incidentally a lot of retailers have opted to use them, over UPS which was a mistake as UPS is 100x better imo.

Last edited:

elliot5

FedEx is always a PITA to deal with. Especially when signature confirmation is required. When I didn't work from home, I pretty much had to take part of the day off to make sure I was at home to sign for a package, as FedEx would do 1-3 delivery attempts before sending it back to the sender.

Incidentally a lot of retailers have opted to use them, over UPS which was a mistake as UPS is 100x better imo.
meanwhile for me USPS and FedEx deliver on schedule and UPS just "lost" my iPhone 13 Pro Max delivery and one time just straight up forgot to ship a GPU my friend was shipping to me from in store. They had left it out on the counter and forgot about it. Fuckin' UPS

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

They also have a really bad track record when it comes to meeting the original estimated delivery date, as my packages are generally always late. For instance I had 3 packages scheduled for delivery today, and I don't believe any of them actually got delivered today.

The incompetence is insane. I could type out a long ass story about just how shitty this experience has been. I've literally been looking at a screen on their website, which their customer service told me to look at, that contradicts what I am being told in real time.

I would have taken half a day off if I would have known this was going to be an issue.

Im just flabbergasted at the incompetence.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

meanwhile for me USPS and FedEx deliver on schedule and UPS just "lost" my iPhone 13 Pro Max delivery and one time just straight up forgot to ship a GPU my friend was shipping to me from in store. They had left it out on the counter and forgot about it. Fuckin' UPS
There's apparently a lot of theft going on with phones/etc. at carrier warhouses. I'm guessing the warehouse workers probably see it's from Apple, Samsung, Google, Sony, Microsoft, etc. and go "yoink".

Also know somebody who used to work in a retail warehouse and she said her coworkers got into boxes of snacks and would eat them and leave behind the wrappers.

People are a bunch of savages. I get the working conditions suck in these warehouses, but that doesn't justify some of the stuff I've heard about or seen on other forums.

Last edited:

elliot5

There's apparently a lot of theft going on with phones/etc. at carrier warhouses. I'm guessing the warehouse workers probably see it's from Apple, Samsung, Google, Sony, Microsoft, etc. and go "yoink".

Also know somebody who used to work in a retail warehouse and she said her coworkers got into boxes of snacks and would eat them and leave behind the wrappers.

People are a bunch of savages.
I guess so. Apple is doing their 2 day delivery investigation and sending me a replacement, which is nice. I'm not $1100 in the hole (yet). You think it'd be very easy to track if an employee mishandles/steals a package given how everything is scanned and presumably recorded.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

I guess so. Apple is doing their 2 day delivery investigation and sending me a replacement, which is nice. I'm not $1100 in the hole (yet). You think it'd be very easy to track if an employee mishandles/steals a package given how everything is scanned and presumably recorded.
never understood how people can do that in warehouses, my friends brother worked at a warehouse for curry’s or argos here in the UK he said that they had to have bags x rayed and pass a metal detector before leaving because of the electronic items they could steal. maybe it was bs but i’d be surprised if that stuff doesn’t happen seems like an easy way to stop stuff going missing.. until a courier that leaves it on your doorstep that is :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
That's what my order looks like. I just got an email that my bundle console has shipped and should be here Thursday. It also says another one will be shipping later. Don't really expect it to.

Kilau

FedEx has apparently decided that deliveries should now be left in front of the garage door instead of the porch, which isn’t out of the way at all. Happening all through our neighborhood.

Today this dude somehow managed to ninja his way past my Ring to silently plop a giant box of baby wipes and diapers right against our garage, so stupid and only makes it easier for porch pirates. If it weren’t for delivery notifications I’d have never known to look for it.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
So uhh... I cancelled my order on Nov 27 and today this arrived:
k07waVi.png

No packing slip, plus I also have the GPU code and $10 coupon in my email. I have confirmation of my cancelled order in my email as well.

Checked my credit card just to be sure, but the total cost to me seems to be $0 right now. I'm really stunned they've messed up this badly.

elliot5

k07waVi.png

No packing slip, plus I also have the GPU code and $10 coupon in my email. I have confirmation of my cancelled order in my email as well.

Checked my credit card just to be sure, but the total cost to me seems to be $0 right now. I'm really stunned they've messed up this badly.
🤣 WTF is going on

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
k07waVi.png

So we have one user that got 2 for $10, and now you who got 1 for $0.

I cancelled my order too - wonder if I'll get one lol

AJUMP23

Gold Member
k07waVi.png

I will give you $10 for it. Plus Shipping.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
FedEx has apparently decided that deliveries should now be left in front of the garage door instead of the porch, which isn’t out of the way at all. Happening all through our neighborhood.

Today this dude somehow managed to ninja his way past my Ring to silently plop a giant box of baby wipes and diapers right against our garage, so stupid and only makes it easier for porch pirates. If it weren’t for delivery notifications I’d have never known to look for it.

They should directly deduct the delivery fee from the driver's pay for any package not delivered properly to the door. This is reficulous.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I dont think there's even a standard delivery guys do when they drop off a package. I've had the following:

- Package dropped off on porch, have no idea its there unless I see an email saying it's delivered or randomly check outside
- Delivery guy rings my doorbell, I answer, package left on porch, and he's on his way back in his truck by the time I get there
- Delivery guy rings my doorbell, hands me the package, no signature required
- Delivery guy rings my doorbell, hands me the package, and asks for a digital signature on his handheld scanner device

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

k07waVi.png

And I thought people might run with the $10 narrative. Wait till Frank reads that GS paid you $10 to buy an XSS. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Seriously, congratz, got no sympathy for GS here, they should learn to be more competent.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
One thing that is odd is that before my order was cancelled they changed it to two full priced XSS bundles:
2rwzWzB.png

And so when I cancelled it didn't include the original XSS which they shipped "0" of.

KGv5vj2.jpg

DaGwaphics

I dont think there's even a standard delivery guys do when they drop off a package. I've had the following:

- Package dropped off on porch, have no idea its there unless I see an email saying it's delivered or randomly check outside
- Delivery guy rings my doorbell, I answer, package left on porch, and he's on his way back in his truck by the time I get there
- Delivery guy rings my doorbell, hands me the package, no signature required
- Delivery guy rings my doorbell, hands me the package, and asks for a digital signature on his handheld scanner device

One or Two almost always for me. LOL

*Nightwing

k07waVi.png

GameStop gonna always GameStop

Hope people realize with this little glimpse into how terribly that company has been run and somehow is still in business. Better to let it kill itself slowly via its own mismanagement than let hedge funds kill it as Wallstreetbets saved it from. But always has been and most likely will always be a shit run company as if gutting new games wasn’t a bad enough decision.

I hope this ends them financially, but I know these roaches can survive most anything including giving away a crap ton of XBSS cause they are idiots

DaGwaphics

Maybe it depends on the courier service(?). I dont track or remember which options links to which company.
Yeah, it's generally just UPS or Amazon for me. Amazon doesn't add signature verification unless you've ordered something expensive. I don't think $300 would hit their threshold.

WoodyStare

Oh yeah, I had an issue earlier this summer where the driver either delivered my PS5 to the wrong address, or decided to keep it for themselves. Most of their delivery drivers are contractors, so when I reported this to FedEx they tried sweeping it under the rug and said they’d open a case, but in the end they said they didn’t know what happened. I reported it to GameStop and had to wait ten days before they were allowed to send another (I was shocked they even had any). When the second package finally arrived, it was delivered by a guy in his own personal vehicle that looked like it was about to break down and he wasn’t wearing any kind of uniform. I’m happy (and lucky) to have the system, but the experience was a nightmare.

Top Bottom