• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible huge pricing error at Gamestop.com | 2 Series S for the price of 1

elliot5

Man, I created a ticket with LSO asking wtf is up with there being zero movement at all on my order and GameStop's website says to contact the carrier if there's been no update beyond 24 hrs.

I want to contact GS soon, but I feel like I don't wanna snitch on myself lmao

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
So uhh... I cancelled my order on Nov 27 and today this arrived:
k07waVi.png

No packing slip, plus I also have the GPU code and $10 coupon in my email. I have confirmation of my cancelled order in my email as well.

Checked my credit card just to be sure, but the total cost to me seems to be $0 right now. I'm really stunned they've messed up this badly.
There’s something going on with their shipping/ordering system. I posted earlier on the thread that I ordered an XSX via GS all access, cancelled the next morning, then reordered and somehow ended up with two shipments.

My first XSX arrived Saturday with no charges anywhere, and the second is coming today. I’m going to sit on it for a few days to make sure no emails or charges come in then send back the one I paid for.

k07waVi.png

No packing slip, plus I also have the GPU code and $10 coupon in my email. I have confirmation of my cancelled order in my email as well.

Checked my credit card just to be sure, but the total cost to me seems to be $0 right now. I'm really stunned they've messed up this badly.
GZ.
I gladly take the GPU code ;)

k07waVi.png

Just when I think this saga can't get any more absurd I open the thread and see this

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My pending charge still hasn't dropped off on Paypal...

Antwix

idk wtf is going on with mine. It's like the positions swapped where the fedex shipped full price S is "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" and doesn't show the tracking number, but I can still pull up the tracking number manually and see it is en route.

The $10 S still has no movement or updates.
Upon checking today, similar thing happened to me. My 2nd package is now stating "awaiting carrier pickup" on the gamestops site with no tracking now. However, the package is still in route via fedex when I look up the tracking number from my history. Also, my $329.36 charged is now posted/complete with no other Gamestop charges pending. Sooooo I should still be getting my package tomorrow as tracking info suggests. Best of luck !

elliot5

Upon checking today, similar thing happened to me. My 2nd package is now stating "awaiting carrier pickup" on the gamestops site with no tracking now. However, the package is still in route via fedex when I look up the tracking number from my history. Also, my $329.36 charged is now posted/complete with no other Gamestop charges pending. Sooooo I should still be getting my package tomorrow as tracking info suggests. Best of luck !
I have yet to receive either. My order is split into two and two different carriers and one is just a shitty subcontractor it seems, literally unable to contact them over the phone or email. It's just in the void.

mine did that the day before it was delivered. u should be good

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well well well

qVwXAUD.png

Ls4u19L.png

No shipping notice, no tracking number, no nothing. Just a random fedex dropoff about 20 minutes ago.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Now my order is in "awaiting product availability" status after they sent me a shipping soon email with a tracking number. It's an entertaining saga if nothing else.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Now my order is in "awaiting product availability" status after they sent me a shipping soon email with a tracking number. It's an entertaining saga if nothing else.
Same thing. It let me cancel. So I went and bought a Fornite bundle directly from MS. Giving that to my nephew for Christmas along with a year of GPU.

kiphalfton

So on the GameStop website, my Fortnite bundle changed from...

$9.99 and "Preparing to ship"

To

$299.99 and "Cancelled"

Seriously, how can they go back and change my order invoice. That is screwed up. And to top it off I have two authorizations (one for $309.98 and one $299.99, so that means $609.97 total). Still haven't got my second XSS and tracking info shows it is stuck in Fort Worth, TX and says "Pending" on FedEx website.

Supposedly I had 3 total XSS consoles coming to me, but looks like I may only get one at this point.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Same thing. It let me cancel. So I went and bought a Fornite bundle directly from MS. Giving that to my nephew for Christmas along with a year of GPU.
Apparently they canceled mine without me having to do anything. After telling me it shipped and giving me a tracking number the package never left the warehouse and now my order is canceled. So I ended up with 3 months of GPU and a $10 GameStop credit for free. Wild.

*Nightwing

So on the GameStop website, my Fortnite bundle changed from...

$9.99 and "Preparing to ship"

To

$299.99 and "Cancelled"

Seriously, how can they go back and change my order invoice. That is screwed up. And to top it off I have two authorizations (one for $309.98 and one $299.99, so that means $609.97 total). Still haven't got my second XSS and tracking info shows it is stuck in Fort Worth, TX and says "Pending" on FedEx website.

Supposedly I had 3 total XSS consoles coming to me, but looks like I may only get one at this point.
They are fixing thier financials for the eventual tax loss write off…. Can’t admit to giving away $10 systems and get back $300 each one they lost due to thier own incompetence.

They will audit and then deduct the amount of each console lost out of thier taxes at the full $300, not $10. They are world class grifters as a company, despite being incompetent as a retailer.

kiphalfton

They are fixing thier financials for the eventual tax loss write off…. Can’t admit to giving away $10 systems and get back $300 each one they lost due to thier own incompetence.

They will audit and then deduct the amount of each console lost out of thier taxes at the full $300, not $10. They are world class grifters as a company, despite being incompetent as a retailer.

I saw some people on Slickdeals defending GameStop saying it's improved a lot since Ryan Cohan came on board. However, I don't think GameStop has improved at all, and if anything may have gone backwards. I don't see Ryan Cohan's influence when looking at the GameStop's website. It is broken, and gets even more broken with every update. Maybe customer service has improved, but that means nothing when the website is the issue that funnels you to customer service.

I dunno, this whole experience is a roller coaster that's kind of interesting to see and how it's played out for every ody... but at the same time it definitely doesn't build confidence in shopping on GameStop's website in the future.

Yeah. That loss will of couse accounted for

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I saw some people on Slickdeals defending GameStop saying it's improved a lot since Ryan Cohan came on board. However, I don't think GameStop has improved at all, and if anything may have gone backwards. I don't see Ryan Cohan's influence when looking at the GameStop's website. It is broken, and gets even more broken with every update. Maybe customer service has improved, but that means nothing when the website is the issue that funnels you to customer service.

I dunno, this whole experience is a roller coaster that's kind of interesting to see and how it's played out for every ody... but at the same time it definitely doesn't build confidence in shopping on GameStop's website in the future.
Youd be surprised how many people in my financial circle are all in on GME because of Cohan. I am with you, they are still terrible in every aspect in my eyes. Hes done nothing but talk so far. Maybe in the future, but nothing has changed from a customer perspective.

Last edited:

jshackles

I ended up using my $10 off coupon on an already discounted second controller (red one) so I could package it up for my daughter. Total $39.

Hoping the Fortnite bundle also shows up under mysterious free circumstances.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I finally was able to get my Series X for my buddy today, seriously thread worthy in its own just how fucking dumb it was to get this fucking box, and I was able to confirm one of the boxes is at the facility by my house waiting to be unloaded.

The other says itll be here tomorrow. I don't buy it lol. Hoping this weekend sometime.

DaGwaphics

I wonder how many of these things GS actually gave away.

What a fucking ride this thread is : D

Agreed. One of the more entertaining ones. It just seems unreal that one store could make this many mistakes in sequence. That's some kind of special for sure.

Last edited:

Beechos

Entire order was finally cancelled by gamestop. I did get an email that my item shipped but has been sittin on a status of waiting to be picked up for a few days now.

elliot5

Entire order was finally cancelled by gamestop. I did get an email that my item shipped but has been sittin on a status of waiting to be picked up for a few days now.
Mine is still in limbo but I had the FedEx number that's in transit tho that's not on my order history anymore. The second S is still nowhere to be found and tomorrow is the final day LSO should respond to my support ticket about when it'll be picked up by their carrier...

Hoping GameStop cancels but ill give it all until next week to see what to do lol

ReBurn

Gold Member
Lol after i posted this, for the hell of it i checked the tracking number again now says in transit for delivery on sat. Wtf is gamestop doing? Free xbox?
Same here. It's wild. They canceled the order then it shipped today. FedEx has an 8.5 lb package heading my way.

RareJordan

After the dust has settled, it seems I ended up with a $316 charge from gamestop and one Xbox series S delivered.

The $9.99 Fortnite one shows as canceled now. Funny thing is if I look at my FedEx delivery manager page, I see 2 canceled shipments from gamestop. So it seems they really did at some point intend to ship me 3 Xbox.

I'll probably return the one I got. Maybe I'll keep it. Maybe I was meant to have it.

I did get the 3 month gamepass code and the $10 off coupon.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Dream is dead for me. Both boxes were sitting at my local facility for a few days and we're suddenly rerouted last night back to their origins.

Charge back initiated as I don't trust them to get my money back in a timely manner in the slightest considering the events lol.

Congrats to those who got em!

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Dream is dead for me. Both boxes were sitting at my local facility for a few days and we're suddenly rerouted last night back to their origins.

Charge back initiated as I don't trust them to get my money back in a timely manner in the slightest considering the events lol.

Congrats to those who got em!

That's weird. I wonder why they are catching some of them but not all. Especially since yours seemed to be as far along with shipping as everybody else.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
That's weird. I wonder why they are catching some of them but not all. Especially since yours seemed to be as far along with shipping as everybody else.
My local fed ex, plus a lot of fed ex's around the country if you take a look at their reddit, are down right terrible. If they had been faster I bet it never would have been caught.

What doesn't make sense though is that they said they would still ship me the Fortnite bundle according to their email but they had both return? So even if one of em were to show up, everything is wrong.

Didn't receive the Game Pass code.
Didn't receive a console of any kind.
Was Charged $331 initially.
Was Charged $49.75 after the fact.
Have nothing to show for it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom