• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible huge pricing error at Gamestop.com | 2 Series S for the price of 1

elliot5

My non-bundle is weighted at 4 lbs ish which is expected. The Fortnite bundle is through some local carrier and doesn't share that detail, but it's 100% two separate shipments/carriers and they wouldn't deliver just a GP code via mail.

ManaByte

Gold Member
My non-bundle is weighted at 4 lbs ish which is expected. The Fortnite bundle is through some local carrier and doesn't share that detail, but it's 100% two separate shipments/carriers and they wouldn't deliver just a GP code via mail.

I believe the codes are all digital.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What are you estimate delivery dates

elliot5

I believe the codes are all digital.
For Fortnite? Yeah it's digital direct aka first login gets the rewards.

I just mean the idea that GameStop will only ship a little code card instead of a series S is highly highly unlikely, per some posters above concern

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
My order shipped. Let's see if there are actually two consoles in the box. The cynic in me thinks there'll be one console and one GP voucher in the box.
Still they have to do something right? They can't just charge us the bundle price. We still paid that extra $9.99 so something has to be made right.

shoplifter

That would be about right for two XSS systems wouldn't it? Google has XSS listed at 4.25 lbs, might not be exactly accurate but would put you in range.

Correct, but only one of mine show as shipped, the $10 one doesn't show as even being in the pick process yet

DaGwaphics

Correct, but only one of mine show as shipped, the $10 one doesn't show as even being in the pick process yet

Hell, you might get 3.

criminal GIF

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
One think I can say as far as ordering online at gamestop. I traded in my pro and had to take credit. So I bought a sound bar online. It was supposed to be here in 3 days. It wasn't. I contacted them. They said it would be 30 days. They were out. It then showed up the next day. So they have no idea wtf their doing.

One think I can say as far as ordering online at gamestop. I traded in my pro and had to take credit. So I bought a sound bar online. It was supposed to be here in 3 days. It wasn't. I contacted them. They said it would be 30 days. They were out. It then showed up the next day. So they have no idea wtf their doing.
This is very true. I ordered one of the blue series X controllers and they sent me an email saying it was out of stock and they had to cancel it. I got it two days later and a month later they randomly refunded me lol
I could totally see homie who made the thread getting his systems...ordering from their site and having it delivered is kinda off and i've seen folks get free stuff but i've also seen people not get their stuff and have to fight for months to get a refund. Its up & down pretty much

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Delivery dates are always all over the place. Even for Amazon. They give a range, but almost always comes early for me. Must be the way they set up their communication to buffer in extra days to make people happy they get their packages early.

I ordered a DVD set off Best Buy from a third party reseller I think 4 days ago. The delivery range was end of Dec to somewhere in Jan 2022! No worries, maybe this reseller is small and unorganized.

I got the package yesterday directly shipped from their location.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Delivery dates are always all over the place. Even for Amazon. They give a range, but almost always comes early for me. Must be the way they set up their communication to buffer in extra days to make people happy they get their packages early.

I ordered a DVD set off Best Buy from a third party reseller I think 4 days ago. The delivery range was end of Dec to somewhere in Jan 2022! No worries, maybe this reseller is small and unorganized.

I got the package yesterday directly shipped from their location.

I once pre-ordered the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Croft Edition steelbook from Best Buy. They sent me an empty cardboard shipping box and no game. I had to go complain to the BBB to get my game from them.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I have many friends but they also know my taste. They know I wouldn't settle for an inferior product when there is a much superior one out there.

Why would I be salty when Ihave 2 Xbox Series X in my household? Imagine telling someone they are salty over an iferior product.
Why even have a series x at all when all the games can be played with higher resolutions and frame rate on a much higher end PC? Isn't a series X inferior to cutting edge PCs?

Why settle for inferior products?

What do you drive? What clothes do you wear? Do you have a private jet? Private chef?

PJX

Why even have a series x at all when all the games can be played with higher resolutions and frame rate on a much higher end PC? Isn't a series X inferior to cutting edge PCs?

Why settle for inferior products?

What do you drive? What clothes do you wear? Do you have a private jet? Private chef?
Not sure what is your point as you are grasping for straws to make an idiotic point. We are clearly talking about Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S here. But go ahead and play your dumb game.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Not sure what is your point as you are grasping for straws to make an idiotic point. We are clearly talking about Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S here. But go ahead and play your dumb game.
You really don't see anything wrong with the idea that a friend would throw an expensive gift in the trash simply because there were competing products on the market?

Well at any rate, I look forward to playing "my dumb game" on my $10 Xbox Series S console, thank you.

kiphalfton

Has the GS guy who set the price on the website been fired yet? lol
The choices they make at GameStop makes one scratch their head. There are times when they're giving trade values within 10% of the asking price. They were giving $20 trade-in credit or more for Fallout 76 trades not that long ago. They have also been giving $325 trade-in credit for the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X... Need I say more regarding their questionable tactics.

Maybe they're just laundering money though. Who knows.

Last edited:
The choices they make at GameStop makes one scratch their head. There are times when they're giving trade values within 10% of the asking price. They were giving $20 trade-in credit or more for Fallout 76 trades not that long ago. They have also been giving $325 trade-in credit for the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X... Need I say more regarding their questionable tactics.

Maybe they're just laundering money though. Who knows.
when Xbox One X launched....i traded in my launch day Xbox One, and they gave me like $300 credit.
They were going for like $215 on ebay at the time

kiphalfton

Well at any rate, I look forward to playing "my dumb game" on my $10 Xbox Series S console, thank you.

Saw you ordered around noon in one of your previous posts. Any update? My standalone XSS shipped, but I don't have any sort of status associated with the $10 system (the Fortnite bundle).

I checked the package weight for the one that shipped, and it shows 4 pounds. Getting antsy.

kiphalfton

Check the tracking number on parcelapp website. May show how much it weighs.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Mine still says 'order received' with nothing happening. Might just cancel since I don't really need it anyway.

google says that the shipper determines the weight. And that the delivery service should adjust/update the weight if its wrong...before delivery. So we'll see. Because it says only one of mine shipped. The other one hasn't even processed yet.
But 8.6lbs is like the exact weight of 2 Series S's plus packing material

Last edited:
Top Bottom