• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible huge pricing error at Gamestop.com | 2 Series S for the price of 1

kiphalfton

Yeah right now I have two orders and 600 and change pending from PayPal. I have a code in my email from one order and a box coming that weighs 9.5lbs from the other order.

It's times like this I wish I had used PayPal. Generally speaking they side with the buyer (and royally fuck the seller) in 99% of cases.

cragarmi

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
f8ql3rv.png

I got this, and no email with a code in it or anything. If they ship me the Xbox and only charge me the $9.99 like it says, I'll be happy.

If they ship me 1 xbox and charge me my original order total of $309.98, I'm gonna do a chargeback.

DaGwaphics

f8ql3rv.png

I got this, and no email with a code in it or anything. If they ship me the Xbox and only charge me the $9.99 like it says, I'll be happy.

If they ship me 1 xbox and charge me my original order total of $309.98, I'm gonna do a chargeback.

What was the original promo supposed to be? A console and then 3 months of GP for $10?

I guess as long as they honor that, you could just sell the console and GP to someone else.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Just got an email about the mistake. Everything will be returned from me. Fun while it lasted.

shoplifter

Our GameStop family hopes this holiday season is off to a great start for you! As you may have noticed- an unforeseen issue with one of our promos caused the Xbox Series S console in your Order Number 1100000039373720 to be added at the incorrect price.

The promo as displayed in the product page was to add the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to your order for $9.99. Rest assured you will be receiving the Xbox Series S Digital Edition Fortnite & Rocket League bundle along with the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Because this was our mistake, we will be providing the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate absolutely free to you while also removing the incorrectly priced console from your order.

Our sincerest apologies for any confusion this may have caused. And as an added bonus, below you’ll find a $10 Coupon Code for your next GameStop.compurchase:”

You’re not getting it, but rest assured, you are still getting it

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What doesn't make sense is that they charged me the 49.75. if they were making good on the mistake why you did you charge me?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
rFgS5W0.png

Fuck all this

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I got the email about the second order I did. I have not got that email about the first order. The one that has shipped in a 9.5lb box that is suppossed to have 1 series s in it.

jshackles

That's very fair. Basically $20 free between the GPU and the coupon. The best I could find GPU this year was $25/3mo. So that's another $15 right there.
Problem is, they're still shipping / charging me for one of the Series S consoles. Trying to cancel but barring that, it's chargeback time.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Just got the email too. Nothing is shipped so I'm contacting customer service to cancel the whole deal.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
That's very fair. Basically $20 free between the GPU and the coupon. The best I could find GPU this year was $25/3mo. So that's another $15 right there.

The problem is they charged me a random $50 on top of everything 😂. I have nothing to show for it so idk what they are thinking.

They clearly caught this and should have cancelled orders instead of shipping them anyways.

Like I'm not mad in the slightest as I was taking advantage of their fuck up, but I don't understand the rational of trying to change prices and charge people for other things. That's just asking for trouble.

jshackles

You did order one though. 🤷‍♂️

When you've been on the receiving end of an undeserved charge-back, you'd never wish that on anybody. Maybe give them a call and see if they can stop it, or just return it in store.
On the phone with them now. Nearest store is over 100 miles from where I live, that'd be quite a bit of gas money for the round trip.

I mean - it's pretty shitty if you have a "buy one, get one" sale and then cancel the free thing while still charging someone full price for the other. I believe that technically, that's fraud.

DaGwaphics

The problem is they charged me a random $50 on top of everything 😂. I have nothing to show for it so idk what they are thinking.

They clearly caught this and should have cancelled orders instead of shipping them anyways.

Like I'm not mad in the slightest as I was taking advantage of their fuck up, but I don't understand the rational of trying to change prices and charge people for other things. That's just asking for trouble.

They should refund you to be sure they just charge you for the actual promo, of the console and the GPU. Did you get the email regarding the screw up?

There's always that possibility that a lucky few got too far in the process and will get the 2 for 1 deal.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
If they're going to cancel the order, they should be canceling the ENTIRE order and not send me one Series S while charging me for it. Terrible customer service and terrible company.

Lol, if they are so terrible why did you order from them? Most people don't do business with places they hate. Oh wait, you were trying to ensure they lose $300 on an obvious price error....and now you mad? Not that I disagree, they are a terrible company with terrible service......I'm surprised they even bothered to email anybody or bother shipping anything......

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
They should refund you to be sure they just charge you for the actual promo, of the console and the GPU. Did you get the email regarding the screw up?

There's always that possibility that a lucky few got too far in the process and will get the 2 for 1 deal.
I got the email but I still have nothing regarding the other $49.75. and the second box hasn't shipped so I'm now $380 for a series s lol.

What a mess.

DaGwaphics

I got the email but I still have nothing regarding the other $49.75. and the second box hasn't shipped so I'm now $380 for a series s lol.

What a mess.

That is unfortunate. Hopefully it all gets straitened out.

Totally glad I didn't take a stab at this now.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
On the phone with them now. Nearest store is over 100 miles from where I live, that'd be quite a bit of gas money for the round trip.

I mean - it's pretty shitty if you have a "buy one, get one" sale and then cancel the free thing while still charging someone full price for the other. I believe that technically, that's fraud.
I agree. 🤣

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Curious what happens.

jshackles

Gamestop's hold music is retarded. It's like the first 10 seconds of the Zelda theme then cuts to "all our operators are currently assisting other customers" then restarts the loop. I love Zelda music, but geezus.

DaGwaphics

Nah I'm glad I did. It's part of the fun of crazy deal seeking.

I'm just too timid in general I guess. LOL

I remember reading about the GS stock thing on Reddit when the share price was still only around $35 and thinking I should grab $1k worth of shares just to see what happened, but I didn't. And there was a time when the bitcoin thing was new and I considered buying 200k bitcoins for like $100 on ebay and didn't. I should be a freaking millionaire right now. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

AmuroChan

Lol, if they are so terrible why did you order from them? Most people don't do business with places they hate. Oh wait, you were trying to ensure they lose $300 on an obvious price error....and now you mad? Not that I disagree, they are a terrible company with terrible service......I'm surprised they even bothered to email anybody or bother shipping anything......

The price error is on them, not the consumers. I wouldn't have a problem with them saying they made an error and then canceled the entire order. That's what most companies would do. The fact is, they enabled a buy 1 get 1 free deal in their system. If they want to void it after the fact, fine, but to ship one item out and cancel the free one? Sorry, but that's not going to fly with most customers.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
And there was a time when the bitcoin thing was new and I considered buying 200k bitcoins for like $100 on ebay and didn't. I should be a freaking millionaire right now. Oh well, that's the way it goes.
Uhh... I doubt that would have worked out. I wouldn't even mention that to people if I were you lol

RareJordan

A while ago I ordered 5 games from GS as part of a Buy 3, Get 2 Free promotion. Well, they immediately shipped out the 3 full price games and then after a couple weeks they canceled the 2 "free" games due to them being on backorder. I complained and was promised a refund. It never happened. Eventually I filed a dispute with paypal and got all my money back. I say all that to say, I sort of expected this. They don't practice doing honest business. If there's a price mistake you gotta just cancel the whole order.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm just too timid in general I guess. LOL

I remember reading about the GS stock thing on Reddit when the share price was still only around $35 and thinking I should grab $1k worth of shares just to see what happened, but I didn't. And there was a time when the bitcoin thing was new and I considered buying 200k bitcoins for like $100 on ebay and didn't. I should be a freaking millionaire right now. Oh well, that's the way it goes.
Gotta pull the trigger from time to time. Got PayPal and Discover to back me up.

kiphalfton

What doesn't make sense is that they charged me the 49.75. if they were making good on the mistake why you did you charge me?
I got an additional $299.99 charge. So all in all I paid $609.97.

Now the email that went out is saying they're going to remove "the incorrectly priced console from your order."

If so that means I will have essentially spent $609.97 for one fucking Xbox Series S and 3-months game pass ultimate. Best Black Friday deal hands down.:pie_eyeroll:

Gamestop needs to get their shit straight. This is NOT how you handle glitches.

Last edited:

jshackles

I'm very sorry but we cannot cancel this order as there is a digital item that shows shipped, the order cannot be modified presently.

Ha get fucked Gamestop

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I got an additional $299.99 charge. So all in all I paid $609.97.

Now the email that went out is saying they're going to remove "the incorrectly priced console from your order."

If so that means I will have essentially spent $609.97 for one fucking Xbox Series S and 3-months game pass ultimate. Best Black Friday deal hands down.:pie_eyeroll:

Gamestop needs to get their shit straight. This is NOT how you handle glitches.
Im guessing some got shipped before they were able to catch it and this was their solution.

DaGwaphics

Uhh... I doubt that would have worked out. I wouldn't even mention that to people if I were you lol

This was way back in the beginning when bitcoin was regularly selling on ebay for like $.5 to $1 per 1000 bitcoins, it had no real value for anything at that point. Would have been a completely speculative investment. LOL

elliot5

The tracking number for the "shipped" fortnite bundle is now not pulling up anything RIP

edit: well nvm the one website I've checked still has it pulling up but still no movement on either couriers. Still "shipped" though

Last edited:

jshackles

Welp, after waiting an hour on hold and telling them that they need to cancel my order - dude hung up on me.

Top Bottom