• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possibly one of the greatest game trailers ever made...

FightyF

Banned
Dammit, you should have told me that there were some possible spoilers.

DAMMIT!

DAMN YOU! YOU STOLE MY FUCKING CLOUDSONG!! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!! AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHH!!!

FightyF

Banned
I saw some things I haven't seen yet (not that far in it, just started playing it again recently) and it looked pretty cool so I was like "Turn it off before you regret it".

temp

posting on contract only
I haven't played Metal Gear Solid 3 yet, but I'm saving the movie and I'll bring this thread back up in a month or something.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
what song is that from? i know it's composed by Craig Armstrong, i think...

the video is alright, just a bunch of random scenes from the MGS trilogy but plays well with the music

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not bad.

Decent music timings, but as others have said, it's a bit too long. Then again, I always enjoy seeing that stuff. It really highlights how much nicer MGS3 really looks, though...

If you haven't played the games, don't watch. There is a lot of content directly from the ending segments of the games...

Johnas

This trailer further reinforces my opinion that the MGS series has the best cinema scenes in all of gaming.

Ancestor_of_Erdrick said:
This trailer further reinforces my opinion that the MGS series has the best cinema scenes in all of gaming.

along with RE4, that games has more cinematic moment per minute than MGS3

especially the battles with Krauser

Senretsu

Ancestor_of_Erdrick said:
This trailer further reinforces my opinion that the MGS series has the best cinema scenes in all of gaming and screen films.

IAWTP

Video could have been edited better (the sequence of footage wasnt as coherent as i'd have liked) but it was a great highlight clip. Makes me want to go back and play all the MGS's. Some of those scenes bring me back to the "holy shit that's insane," especially some of the Twin Snakes and Snake Eater ones.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
..pakbeka.. said:

You've got to be joking! RE4's cutscenes were nowhere NEAR the level of MGS3's...

FightyF

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:

The best way to put it...RE4 had many CUTscenes, whereas MGS has many more CINEMATIC scenes.

If it was Kojima's dream to be a director...I don't see what's stopping him! If he directed an MGS movie, I'd consider it THE GREATEST MOVIE THAT HAS EVER AND WILL EVER BE MADE. Though I'd admit I'd be overlooking some flaws. :p

Ash Housewares

The Mountain Jew
Fight for Freeform said:
The best way to put it...RE4 had many CUTscenes, whereas MGS has many more CINEMATIC scenes.

If it was Kojima's dream to be a director...I don't see what's stopping him! If he directed an MGS movie, I'd consider it THE GREATEST MOVIE THAT HAS EVER AND WILL EVER BE MADE. Though I'd admit I'd be overlooking some flaws. :p

we aren't biased

that trailer needed more MGS music yea! Gregson-Williams is the greatest composer in history!!

jett

D-Member
That was pretty freaking BADASS. I'd like to see Kojima try and do something similiar to that...*drools*

Where's the music from, btw?

BirdySky

You know you fucked? Right? You know you fucked up right? Hey..you listening to me? You fucked up.

Seriously, MGS3's cinematics are better than anything even hollywood churns out, let alone the resident evil series!

jett

D-Member
BirdySky said:
You know you fucked? Right? You know you fucked up right? Hey..you listening to me? You fucked up.

Seriously, MGS3's cinematics are better than anything even hollywood churns out, let alone the resident evil series!

W3rd.

Really nicely done. Although they didn't include the best cutscene in the series
Volgin beating the hell out of Snake

BirdySky

Just noticed there's now a secret threate page on the mgs3 english site. You have to get five games concerning the storyline right to gain access.

There are 7 paraody movies by the mgs team. Metal Gear Signet is one...and it's yet more evidence of why mgs is the best game series ever.

Solid

that was a really good trailer. i almost fell a tear when
emma died
. oh man, do i love the mgs games or what. best there is.

J2 Cool

..pakbeka.. said:

Krauser isn't even the best boss battle between the games, and if you want the best trailer of any game, it's one made by Kojima. Take a pick from any between MGS2 and 3. This was damn cool though.

Mr_Moogle

Cool. I just bought Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes from ebay and I'm still waiting for a copy of MGS3 to come through the mail. Might watch this....AFTER I finish MGS3.

Danj

temp said:
I haven't played Metal Gear Solid 3 yet, but I'm saving the movie and I'll bring this thread back up in a month or something.

Me either, I am waiting for Subsistence to come out before I get MGS3.

Pakkidis

The music is called Escape by Craig Armstrong,

As well, over at gametrailers in the fan section there is different trailers of MGS, and you can vote what you think is the best one over in the forums. Babaganoosh also made an awesome trailer.

Here is the link MGS tribute

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
That was a great trailer, the music is what made it feel so epic though. And I have a weakness for choir music...man, I want more choir music in MGS games from now on. It can really create an epic and fateful atmosphere.

GamerShu

Banned
i just beat Twin Snakes a few months back, but I dont have the time to play MGS2 or MGS3...is there asite out there that has footage of all the cinematics just so i can see the storyline..

Top Bottom