• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Postcards from The Lands Between - Elden Ring Screenshots

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Greetings fellow Tarnished! Elden Ring has been out for 5 days now and I know many of you (like me) have been absolutely captivated by it's gorgeous, mysterious, darkly magical world. When I'm not playing the game I'm constantly thinking about it, images of it's breathtaking vistas and grand architectural wonders seared into my visual cortex. This thread is about celebrating our journey through the Lands Between.

Although Elden Ring doesn't have a dedicated photo mode it's dynamic, unobtrusive UI makes it possible to take beautiful snaps of it's mythical world without issue, this thread will be the place to share them. Needless to say there will be !!!SPOILERS!!! ahead, leave now or forever hold your peace! I love taking pics in games, here are a handful of my favourites (so far), PS5 Performance mode, Praise the Ring! :

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
JXp3GjZ.jpg
Qn98W6A.jpg
i11vllS.jpg
HGOQ6ty.jpg
H9MJiFk.jpg
vwODPVn.jpg

Flabagast

The art direction is more cohesive.

I am personally not a fan of the aesthetic in Horizon. It's some weird steampunk sci-fi caveman hybrid.
Character design is especially atrocious, the game still offers some pretty views sometimes though.

But let's not derail, we're here to appreciate the beauty of elden ring in all its glory.

Polelock

I have bought the game on steam, but I just simply can not bring myself to play it due to the awful Chromatic aberration. I can not find a way to get rid of it. The game would look so much better without it. Its awful

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've taken a ton of screenshots (like I always do) and need to upload some. Maybe tonight if I remember.

Hugare

Better? (Note: this isn't the original image, I went back to the spot and tried to recreate it as best as I could in game, this time using Print Screen instead of my phone :p )

Cj9DRuU.jpg
The castle is true impresssive

Not only due to its scope, but the lighting is on point. Those towers look almost CG-like.

Most impressive part of the game visually so far

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Fromsoftware need to add an actual photo mode, this game is a stunner.
It could only work for offline play but yes, would be cool. On the flip side what you're seeing with these images is exactly what you're getting, no editing, pure and unfiltered.

Keep the beautiful shots coming Tarnished. 🙏

Last edited:
The art is amazing, but the performance is a shame. I haven't seen this much pop-in on a PlayStation/Xbox since the PS2 era.

Still, overall, I think this may be the best videogame I've played.

From is so lucky their art direction, style, and atmosphere are so good... cause their tech blows! Please just hit up BluePoint, I'm sure they'll gladly give you their entire engine :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

kevm3

From Software is the one company I think would do well with a Sony acquisition. Imagine this game if the team had a technical proficiency of Guerilla... Imagine this game with Horizon's level of visuals.

RyRy93

I'm still early game, just glancing at some of these screenshots has gotten me so hyped. So many unique environments and I hear some have the intricate level design of past games.

The engine is a little dated but the art direction makes up for it and I wouldn't want Fromsoft to risk losing any ounce of their overall quality by moving to an unfamiliar engine.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
From Software is the one company I think would do well with a Sony acquisition. Imagine this game if the team had a technical proficiency of Guerilla... Imagine this game with Horizon's level of visuals.
why would they want to be acquired by Sony? Elden Ring is higher rated than any Sony game lol

Elden Ring = 97
TLOU Remastered = 95
God of War = 94
TLOU2 = 93
Uncharted 4 = 93
Horizon ZD = 89
Horizon FW = 88

the graphics might not be as pretty as some games but whatever. Elden Ring is by far a better game than TLOU, God of War, Uncharted, or Horizon.

Fredrik

why would they want to be acquired by Sony? Elden Ring is higher rated than any Sony game lol

Elden Ring = 97
TLOU Remastered = 95
God of War = 94
TLOU2 = 93
Uncharted 4 = 93
Horizon ZD = 89
Horizon FW = 88

the graphics might not be as pretty as some games but whatever. Elden Ring is by far a better game than TLOU, God of War, Uncharted, or Horizon.
Yeah and it’s extremely popular on Steam too, it’s currently at #6 for concurrent players. It would be plain stupid to be locked up on Playstation, their late PC releases would do no good. Plus I don’t see why anything would happen on the graphics side, it’s not like they would tell Housemarque to do the graphics.

Anyway, stumbled into this quite hidden area last night in the south of Limgrave. Could use a few extra lighting effects but it still looks good.
S0suBDE.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
PC users: if _some_ of these screenshots by chance is representative of the image when you play then I'd recommend to use Reshade.me and tweak contrast settings and alike. But don't go overboard with it or you'll crush the blacks and/or blow out the highlights. I for one managed to fix my HDR IQ with Reshade, it was the only way to make the image look like it has a generous amount of depth, it was too washed out by default on my monitor.

Top Bottom