• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential GOW Ragnarok Leak shows new gameplay feature!

Varteras

Gold Member
Couldn't Atreus summon wolves or something in the first game or am I remembering wrong?
He could but in pretty much every case those summons were only around for a short time. They did their thing rather quickly and then boned out. What we saw in the gameplay trailer last year showed these summons being much more robust. Like Atreus riding a spectral stag and goring enemies. Though that also means Ragnarok was being developed with this in mind well before Elden Ring released.

ethomaz

Banned
Seems fake imo.
Somebody got the software the guy designed my house here (AutoCad) and put the model from the trailers/pictures.

He could but in pretty much every case those summons were only around for a short time. They did their thing rather quickly and then boned out. What we saw in the gameplay trailer last year showed these summons being much more robust. Like Atreus riding a spectral stag and goring enemies. Though that also means Ragnarok was being developed with this in mind well before Elden Ring released.
Well he is growing up.

Last edited:
You mean the first God of War.
The video of “summons” from GoW posted in this thread are just magical attacks in the form of animals

they don’t have any AI, health bar, or really anything that makes them act like a summon

Lastly, the one in the OP literally looks identical to the summons from ER. I’m color blind but they look the same to me

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Sure beats a wisecracking squirrel.

The murder of crows was my go-to Atreus summon from the 2018 entry when fully upgraded.

Last edited:
The video of “summons” from GoW posted in this thread are just magical attacks in the form of animals

they don’t have any AI, health bar, or really anything that makes them act like a summon

Lastly, the one in the OP literally looks identical to the summons from ER. I’m color blind but they look the same to me

Seems like your describing the dragon in this video. And it appears to be the same as the ones in the first game. So no idea how this is supposed to be a copy of the Spirits from Elden Ring.

I want a God of War game that does the following
- Go back to its root and taunt you to lower the difficulty when you keep dying
- Go back to its root and provide a real challenge
- Go back to its roots and provide a real sense of adventure (especially 1 & 2)

John Wick

Starting to wonder who actually plays the games they talk about on here.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
likely cut content from the first game, I've seen tons of that

edit: ok now I see posts down the thread, nevermind :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom