• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential JET SET RADIO Remake leak!!!

nush

Gold Member
Streets of Rage 4 was nothing to with SEGA and we didn't have a new Monkeyball game, just a cheap Uninty remake of the old games that for most didn't play as well as the GameCube classics.

Sakura Wars and VC IV were nice mind, but SEGA needs to more of that and not look milk Yakuza so much and when other developers have their yearly updates to their main IP they have different teams working on it (like for COD, AC) the Yakuza team are expected to make the sequels and also the remakes A sure way to kill creativity

You're moving goalposts now. Just admit you don't like Yakuza games instead of hating on the guy that made Sega commercially viable and we know Sega has a history of fucking shit up with the finish line in sight. It's a business, Yakuza sells, globally. Sega did the whole diverse catalog thing in to 2000's with their IP, didn't work out well. Sega fans make a lot of noise but there just isn't enough of them and there's only so many times you can sell the casuals Megadrive roms again.

You're moving goalposts now. Just admit you don't like Yakuza games instead of hating on the guy that made Sega commercially viable and we know Sega has a history of fucking shit up with the finish line in sight. It's a business, Yakuza sells, globally. Sega did the whole diverse catalog thing in to 2000's with their IP, didn't work out well. Sega fans make a lot of noise but there just isn't enough of them and there's only so many times you can sell the casuals Megadrive roms again.
I simply answered your question. I'm not a fan of him or liked much if SEGAs output when he was chief creative officer at SEGA Japan. I'm a big fan Haruki, since he's taken over the day to day running of SEGA I've seen a marked improvement and I'm looking forward to SEGA making big games that aren't all about Yakuza .

We don't know what Nagoshi did but he made some bad decisions that favored Sony. Maybe he accepted bribes maybe he didn't. Not bringing Yakuza to Xbox sooner was a mistake. Not having Demon Slayer and Sakura Wars launch simultaneously on Switch was a mistake. Nagoshi is a legend but that does look suspect as hell.

Funny to see how the Western interpretation and translation of this becomes.

The original rumor was brought up when someone asked if Sega is stupid to not release the new Sakura Taisen on PC/Switch and decide it's not selling well enough. And it was actually night/strip clubs not meals which no matter the context is pretty horrendous for one to spend 200 nights there in a year.

Well Nagoshi does look like the kind of guy who'd spend a decent amount of time in nightclubs and strip clubs, TBH.

As far as Sakura Taisen on Switch, IIRC the Dragon Engine is actually rather taxing and cel-shading the way it does it probably isn't as light on graphical processes as people might think. Strong chance the Switch couldn't run that game without some severe visual compromises.

Well yes, why not ? You are free to think what you want. But in the case of Nagoshi we have the whole history of what happened and what didn't while he was in place. I don't care if you disagree, by the way. I am not trying to convince you. I had predicted Yakuza and Altus coming to PC/Xbox years ago. There were already signs of the movement to come.

What does any of this have to do with Sony "corrupting" him? Are you just going to moonwalk away from that part of your whole post? 🤣

Only for a whole year ? No, its actually much more than that.

Good news is that SEGA fans might be getting better games in the future, if they manage to not turn them into ridiculous cash grab "services".

IIRC when the new Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi were announced they were said to be GaaS. Which was disappointing. However maybe they have been retooled into more traditional experiences, which would certainly be much better IMO.

Though they'll probably still have some MTX in them, and I would expect some kind of multiplayer component to both games alongside a central single-player campaign.

We don't know what Nagoshi did but he made some bad decisions that favored Sony. Maybe he accepted bribes maybe he didn't. Not bringing Yakuza to Xbox sooner was a mistake. Not having Demon Slayer and Sakura Wars launch simultaneously on Switch was a mistake. Nagoshi is a legend but that does look suspect as hell.

How? What audience was there for Yakuza on Xbox? Hell, what audience is there now? What was the sales split for Like a Dragon on Xbox platforms? How about Like A Dragon: Ishin?

I'm willing to bet in both cases the Xbox sales splits were marginal on those games and if it weren't for Microsoft's Game Pass hand-out money, you still wouldn't have Yakuza on Xbox platforms. Like I said, you folks have got to realize that usually lack of Japanese Xbox games was simply down to bad economics of the Xbox platform/ecosystem (at least pre-Game Pass).

I wouldn't bother using logic with him. He's still massively butthurt over the ps1 selling more than the saturn.

Almost shudder to think if cizera is one of those types who blames Sony for Sega leaving the market as a platform holder 😬

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
You make me understand and empathize with dictatorships who censor freedom of speech... if people reguarly had takes this terrible, i wouldn't want them to say anything either

Tyrants have always struggled with the truth being spread among the people. I will be your Robin Hood.

Top Bottom