• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Power Rangers' Jason David Frank Dead by Suicide at 49

Draugoth

Gold Member

9fb0f6b437ce443eaccf100171675a11_md.jpg

10:07 AM PT -- Walter Jones, who played the black ranger in 'MMPR,' tells TMZ ... "He was an inspiration to so many people. His presence will be dearly missed. It’s so sad to lose another member of our Ranger family."

He adds, "Jason was one of the biggest pranksters on the show. He had a wild sense of humor. We had our shares of ups and downs but I stayed consistent about being an ear if he needed one. My prayers go out to his family and all that will miss him."

Jason David Frank -- one of the original "Power Rangers" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

The actor and mixed martial artist died in Texas, according to his rep Justine Hunt. Sources with direct knowledge tell us his death was the result of suicide.

JDF is best known as Tommy Oliver from the original run of the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" franchise, dating back to the kids series' debut in 1993 ... when he was introduced as one of six crime/monster-fighting superheroes, masked head to toe with kung-fu skills.

Saber

Gold Member
Jesus, no replies here? Wtf. This dude was part of the legendary OG show. When I found out I was shocked. RIP bro..

We have a thread before, though it was tagged as a rumor.

I'm really sad about this. Quite shocked even to know the guy from my childhood commited suicide... he wasn't even old. I just want this year to end already, its too depressing.

Top Bottom