• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pragmata is making "steady progress"; has young talent working on it

ParaSeoul

From Capcom's Integrated Report

It was reported earlier this year it had been delayed to 2023 according to the fine print of a PS5 CES ad but every other website and even the games twitter account says 2022.

1500x500

NahaNago

Saying stead progress makes the game seem like the game is nowhere near ready to release but it's releasing next year.

yurinka

Saying stead progress makes the game seem like the game is nowhere near ready to release but it's releasing next year.
The game was delayed to 2023 while ago.

It was reported earlier this year it had been delayed to 2023 according to the fine print of a PS5 CES ad but every other website and even the games twitter account says 2022.

1500x500
Stuff like Twitter still says 2022 because they didn't update that (in this case their Twitter account) since 2020.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

The game was delayed to 2023 while ago.

Stuff like Twitter still says 2022 because they didn't update that (in this case their Twitter account) since 2020.
That story went out at the beginning of 2021,you're telling me they just forgot to give an official statement on the development of this game for 10 months? Its 2022 unless they say otherwise.

MikeM

I am very intrigued by this. Someone coming back for a probably robotic daughter? Chaos and survival? Yes.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Underpaid entry level new hires is what I'm reading.
Not necessarily. Most of us know by name the guys that worked on DMC, Dragon's Dogma, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter - but a lot of them have been around making games at the director level since PS2.

They do have to actually train some new people and allow them to take the risk of leading significant parts of new projects so that they're ready for the future. Mikami hasn't been that directly involved in making games for a while now either, over at Tango. These guys are getting old, and probably have been promoted and also need to pass on what they know.

I don't think they'd lead a AAA new IP with entry level new hires.

yurinka

That story went out at the beginning of 2021,you're telling me they just forgot to give an official statement on the development of this game for 10 months? Its 2022 unless they say otherwise.

Only time 2023 was mentioned was the tiny text on a CES which was pulled and probably an error.

Even if Sony later changed the dates part of the video, back in January the delay was mentioned on Sony's CES video which isn't a small thing. All the gaming press reported the 'Pragmata delayed to 2023' news (Polygon mentioned to have reached Capcom to confirm it) and Capcom didn't ask none of the gaming sites to rectify it, so the delay is true.

Since the delay there is no Capcom quote mentioning its release date, so obviously never mentioned 2022 since thern. They didn't update that Twitter account since 2020 and it was delayed in 2021, this is why the Twitter account still says 2022.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
You know the last couple Resi games were also referred to as having a "Young" team right?
I didn´t like them. It´s easy to work on a remake. RE7 and 8 are not canon (imho). RE8 was weak ... ; 25+ years later, they still have not been able to make a good fps game.

ParaSeoul

I didn´t like them. It´s easy to work on a remake. RE7 and 8 are not canon (imho). RE8 was weak ... ; 25+ years later, they still have not been able to make a good fps game.
I didn't like 7 as much as everyone else and RE 2 remake took a while to grab me too but I'm not going to pretend they're not good games even if I didn't like them.

Top Bottom